We need buttons.

Should totally implement a gemstone button, ala` Diablo II, that does absolutely nothing but incites rampant pointless speculation to keep people with too much time on their hands busy.

You mean like this?
41n0S5fHOLL._SY355_.jpg

I liked this so I used the LIKE button, for any other shit you can post.
I'm lazy and busy and I usually don't post but having more buttons makes no sens, use words people if you have something to say.

PS: @SirJames; no idea wtf you write there because I don't have time or will to read all that shit. Also stop thinking that you know what other people know or want. I've just expressed my opinion on the matter, I don't need yours for sure.

Don't you all see how this could solve the Watch's funding issue, after GOG stopped the affiliation program?

We could have microtransactions, where everyone can buy additional buttons (as seen in "other forums"). Or we could take this one step further, with lootboxes which give you random buttons. We gotta go with the industry standards here.

Or else, why not rpgamify the whole process? If you do not like a post, you can challenge it via a virtual battle. Multiple people may join the battle on both sides. Of course, the outcome will depend on each users statistics and items (lootboxes!). The outcome of the battle will be listed at the bottom of each post, including statistics like margin of victory, retreats, backstabs, and so on. That would surely be fun.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Don't you all see how this could solve the Watch's funding issue, after GOG stopped the affiliation program?

We could have microtransactions, where everyone can buy additional buttons (as seen in "other forums"). Or we could take this one step further, with lootboxes which give you random buttons. We gotta go with the industry standards here.

Or else, why not rpgamify the the whole process? If you do not like a post, you can challenge it via a virtual battle. Multiple people may join the battle on both sides. Of course, the outcome will depend on each users statistics and items (lootboxes!). The outcome of the battle will be listed at the bottom of each post, including statistics like margin of victory, retreats, backstabs, and so on. That would surely be fun.

:biggrin:

I know this is said in jest, but not a bad idea. What I mean is to have rpg codex like buttons/emoticons as part of a way to fund this site. They would be optional, but those who want to buy yearly memberships could have these available as a sort of bonus or incentive to buy a supporter's membership.

Another incentive for this would to add on a separate drawing during the rpg watch's giveaway things where games are given away to members. I think it should still be open to all, but then have a second, seperate drawing with say, a premium game or two or three, where only rpg watch supporters memberships would be eligible to enter the drawing.

Make it relatively cheap, say $24 a year - $2 a month, and I bet rpg watch would never have to worry about another funding shortfall…Whew, I'm just full of ideas this mornin'. :D

Seriously, I would buy this type of rpg watcher membership, and I think many others would too.

Oh, and you of course would not have to use any of the new buttons/emoticons, they would just be made available to you, as a reward for becoming a rpg watch supporter.

Guys, I can agree with idea of more buttons, but only if you're able to hire Mike Laidlaw to design them. Y'know, the whole new set of buttons, and when you press any of them, something awesome happens.

Otherwise, just no.

Seriously, though, I don't really know how I feel about this button thing. I'm leaning towards hating them with all of my being - but I'm sort of struggling to articulate why.

I used to be vehemently against the idea of a "like" button, because I think it's harmful to fruitful exchange too much of the time - and it's too easy to click it when you want to be passive aggressive (liking something exclusively because you know it will annoy someone without you having to actually do anything apart from clicking a button), which is an extremely popular disposition among people who have very little to say except to be an annoying little bitch about something.

On the other hand, it can also be used as a nice gesture when you want to show your support - but you're too lazy to actually write that in so many words.

I find myself using it more and more - and though I'm not exactly the most terse person around here, it can be good enough in many cases.

Still, I don't know.

I think I ultimately prefer that people speak their minds - and I think detail is important.

I would probably prefer not having "like" or any other button, but I'm not comfortable dictating how people should communicate - and I don't have the power to do so, in this case, so…. Whatever :)

PS: @SirJames; no idea wtf you write there because I don't have time or will to read all that shit. Also stop thinking that you know what other people know or want. I've just expressed my opinion on the matter, I don't need yours for sure.

Thank-you for your comment! :)

Guys, I can agree with idea of more buttons, but only if you're able to hire Mike Laidlaw to design them. Y'know, the whole new set of buttons, and when you press any of them, something awesome happens.

Otherwise, just no.

Or better the CDR projekt version: you do not have to watch the screen and read the forum for buttons being distributed all over the place.

Or better the CDR projekt version: you do not have to watch the screen and read the forum for buttons being distributed all over the place.

I can top that. Let's implement a CDPR version - where there's no actual exchange (as in, gameplay) - but just a bunch of button choices - and we can all roleplay by pressing pre-designed statements instead of just saying what we want to say! ;)

It would be the ultimate C&C experience!

Say it ain't so Gamebanshee now has buttons also.:(

Well more like article buttons under "What do you think?"
Upvote
Funny
Love
Surprised
Angry
Sad

So, since the codex currently does not have them... should we get them out of pure spite? Yes. Or are we better than that? Nah.

:p

Careful, first it's buttons, next it'll be Star Stable challenges. I pity the fool who thinks they can compete with the seasoned Star Stable warriors of the Codex.

What's there to compete with?

If I observed groups of Codexians loitering around the Star Stables, I'd notify the proper authorities.

When you push a button, something amazing has to happen.

I never heard of star stables.
Is that a game with horses acting as space ships?

Anyways, I just added a button to this site.
<---

there should be zero buttons.

they detract from real interactions with each other.

Back
Top Bottom