What are your top 5 games on your wishlist ?

Hi, so I will list these games from my wish list, and in no particular order, other than games already mentioned in the thread, I will list first:

1. Dying Light 2 -- The first game is a lot of fun, and am very interested to see what they do in the sequel.

2. Dark Envoy -- I just think this game looks promising. I like the fantasy/science fiction mixture.

3. Elex 2 -- I watched a game play video, and really liked what I saw. I'm more interested in this game, to be honest, than the first game. (which I played the demo of, but didn't find it compelling enough for me to buy it)

The games not yet mentioned, but that I'm anticipating:

4. System Shock -- the new demo shows they have been doing a lot of good work on this game, and I really liked the original System Shock game. As a graphics eye candy fan, this is looking like a very good update.

5. Forsaken Realms: Vahrin's Call -- I have followed this game for awhile now, and think it looks quite promising indeed. The game updates by the developer have been very good in building my interest, the developer seems to know how to create a rich, traditional fantasy atmosphere and ambience, the fantasy world looks very detailed and interesting, all of which is key to a good RPG.

6. Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate: Daemon Hunter's -- I like the Warhammer universe, and I really like the Chaos faction, so this game is very much my kettle of fish.

Right now I have these in my top 5 release spots:

* Baldur's Gate 3
* Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
* Encased
* The Outer Worlds
* Black Geyser

But I haven't pulled the trigger on any of them for various reasons. (Buggy, early release, backlog of games, &c.)

For upcoming games at present I only have these:

* The Iron Oath
* Broken Roads
* Dark Envoy

Not yet released:

1. Expeditions: Rome. I've preordered awhile ago. As I enjoyed the previous games a lot (particularly Viking) I expect I will love this one if they listened to feedback.

2. Colony Ship. Age of Decadence is one of my favorite games, despite it's flaws and limitations. This game will hopefully take what worked with AoD and improve on it. I've already purchased on GoG but won't play until it's out of EA.

3. Broken Roads. Looks great, definitely my kind of cRPG.

4. SKALD: Against the Black Priory. Played the prologue and like it quite a bit. It may look like it was made in 1990 but it plays like a modern (old school) cRPG.

5. Zoria: Age of Shattering. Haven't played the prologue so I don't know much about it, but it's looks good. A "story-driven, party-based RPG with strong tactical elements" sounds like my cup of tea.

Released but haven't played: Pathfinder: WotR and Encased.

My most anticipated have changed quite a bit since my last post.

MH: Rise is released and I already sunk in a large number of hours into it. My verdict is sadly not very positive. Hoping Sunbreak expansion will enhance the gameplay.

Encased
is still in my most anticipated.

But now, another game grabbed my attention - Book of Travels.

It's described as Tiny Multiplayer Online RPG (TMORPG) where only max 7 people are allowed per server. It's currently in early access, I did pick it up and tried it out but refunded due to game's instability + game seem to require a lot of your time (much like MMORPGs). I'm still keenly following it though :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1152340/Book_of_Travels/

I haven't played nearly as many RPGs the people here have, so my wishlist contains games that are years old that I'll play once I finish games I'm currently working on, and also upcoming ones that I'm extremely excited for.

1) Knights of the Old Republic Remake: Been waiting for this for a long time, and I can't wait to see Aspyr's take on remaking the original game.

2) Gothic 1: I have yet to play the original game, and it looks very interesting in terms of its setting and mechanics. If I like it, maybe I'll get some hype for the remake.

3) Geneforge 1: Mutagen: Been looking to get into more of Spiderweb Software's titles as of late, and this looks to be a good start.

4) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Strangely, I haven't played this one yet, and I heard it was kind of different mechanically than Skyrim, so worth a look on my part.

5) Avowed: I have been hooked on Obsidian's titles lately, and I'm interested in seeing what they do with a sort of Elder Scrolls-style game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom