• Feel sad

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Let me tell you..

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Many of you celebrate Christmas and the New Year, many have a vacation as well. But, what do you do these days. There are too many options to put into a poll, so why not select what comes closest and share what you do in a post.

Well, currently I'm thinking of suggesting to make this poll multiple choice . ;)

Sleep, play games, play with the dogs, sleep :)

I don't drink, but will certainly be having plenty of food-centric activities. We are going to see my brother for a couple of days - all of us have very small 'bubbles', but then back to work for a few days before the new year.

Let me tell you: All of the choices above and some more...

Since I'm house-bound, usually some family either stops by to hang out with me, or kidnap me to an organized family event. We eat, maybe watch some sports or a film, and bend each others' ears far too much about politics. -p

I'm working but I managed to get one of my days off next week switched so I could be off Christmas day instead. Son and I will be visiting different family groups all day.

I'll eat and drink too much and have a nice time with my family.

Just me and hubby this year (same as last year). I watch him doing various faces of delight as he opens his presents. Slight flaw in my planning as I've bought him a board game and in the absence of family/friends I might be expected to participate.

I like to do the cooking, which gives me something to do, and people visit me in the kitchen. I go a bit stir crazy just sitting around.

Another important job is to ensure that I don't end up seated between two particular members of the family. God bless them, they're both a bit deaf (and therefore loud), and have the table manners of BrundleFly. It's like sitting between two bass speakers filled with masticated turkey. If that occurs, that will be my penance for my year's sins.

Cook xmas feast for 2 with hubby - lots of eating of course :)

Sleep, work on blog, play games as well

Well, I take vacation, buy an expensive computer, but then play SCUM which I've had for two or three years already :) I did by Witcher 3 on Steam (already owned it on Gog, but it was cheap. I also have Cyberpunk waiting in the wings.

Till then I'll kill thousands of puppets while looting tons of places and then build a little shack in the woods to store my stuff and hide from TEC 1.

Pretty much what I usually do except more of it since I'm off work for about 2 weeks. I sleep in more, and I socialize less (because most of my friends don't live here and/or are busier with family during the holidays). I do celebrate the holiday itself, with my parents.

It's MrsMyrthos and me, just like last year. The kids have other things to do, which is fine by us. There are plenty of other days in a year to get together (if Covid allows us to do that) and they know we don't care that much about the festivities.

So we sleep in a bit, I fool around with a Nixie Clock I am building and we play some board games and watch a movie. As I am having two weeks off from work, this is basically what most of the days look like.
On Christmas day, there is a bit more food than usually, so we probably have enough for the next day as well. It is going to be Indian food this time.

Eat & drink with family, playing a few games or reading or watching a new DVD afterwards.

Eat, drink, throw in a little humbug, and plot revenge on those I hate.:evil:

You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch

My current plan, now that my holiday on-call day is finished, is to simply enjoy not having to work until the new year. Will read some books, get caught up on some tv, and play some games from my backlog. Next year I'll be driving a complex project at work, so this is the calm before the storm.

Back
Top Bottom