What games are you playing now?

Just started Gothic 3 yesterday. Had been playing around with the U6 M2 prior to that!!

World of Warcraft

I now have Gothic & Gothic 2 in my possesion (unplayed).
I shall be busy for a while me thinks!
Got abit behind the last few years,with moving country and having kids.
Oh, and i play VP3 sometimes when i want to shoot some pool.

As a "360" user I’m hoping that as time goes on, more and more titles will appear on both platforms, but at the moment (if I mention only rpg’s) one game I am playing which I definitely have in common with you “keyboard & mouse” types, is “Oblivion.”

That's why I'm somewhat worried about another potentially good Warhammer RTS coming up, Mark of Chaos. Why am I worried? Because they arent making it.

You shouldn't be worried about MoC. Or should I say don't keep your hopes up? Even though the game's being developed by a Hungarian team, so I guess I should go all patriotic and all that, but I won't. Simply because from what I've seen so far I can't help but feel that this game is gonna be crap. Just take a look at any of the in-game videos on e.g. GameSpot.
Moreover, this is the WH Fantasy universe, not WH40K. I have nothing against fantasy, BTW; I'm adding this just to clear things up.

ToEE... Waiting for the G3 patches ...

Gothic 3
Darkstar One

Maybe the AoE3 the Warchiefs, not decided yet

I’m playing Gothic 1 again while I wait for the G3 patch. What a great game the first ep was… Fantastic, ambient Slowdive kinda music, great world and story. It actually looks pretty good too graphically after all these years.

I’m playing Gothic 1 again while I wait for the G3 patch. What a great game the first ep was… Fantastic, ambient Slowdive kinda music, great world and story. It actually looks pretty good too graphically after all these years.
Anyone that knows good shoegaze like Slowdive gets a tip of the hat from me!

On topic, I dug HoMM3 out and played a few scenerios. Good times.

I’m playing Gothic 1 again... It actually looks pretty good too graphically after all these years.

Yes, it does :) . Especially since you can now turn on 8x AA and 16x AF without having to worry about performance hits. The trees and some of the other vegetation look kind of crappy but elsewise it's really aged gracefully if you activate all those quality enhancing options in your graphics driver.

Just begun Icewind Dale 2, after being fortunate in finding an unofficial patch that corrected a bug preventing me from even leaving the character creation screen. So far it's good, but I hope it doesn't turn into a straight hack & slash like the first ID.
I believe that IWD 2 is more hack & slash, not less. That was deliberate, if I remember the developer interviews correctly. They were in a crunch, and the fastest way to flesh out the game was to make it a succession of battles. Some of the devs have gone on record as regretting it, or at least as wanting to do more, but they just didn't have the chance.

-Tony

- heavily modded Oblivion (still loving it big time)
- Gothic 3 (small bits, waiting for the next patch)
- FATE (relaxing)

I believe that IWD 2 is more hack & slash, not less.

That's too bad. . . or not: I'm at chapter 1 and the game keeps crashing when I enter combat. So I guess I'll never find out by myself !

Just finished Lego Star Wars II (those ewoks were so cute) and Hitman: Blood Money recently.

Right now I'm working on:
-Thief: Deadly Shadows
-Battlefield 2142
-Dead Rising (360)
-Oblivion
-Rome: Total War (I feel like I'll never finish this game but I love it. Best strategy game ever, IMHO)

Just finished Lego Star Wars II
What platform? I played (and reviewed) PC, PSP and DS. PC was really good, PSP was very good but had awful load times, and the DS was just awful.

- Ultima V Lazarus (fantastic!)
- Wizardry 7 (played 1-6 and 8 but this one fell through the cracks and I am loving it)
- Titan Quest (losing interest quickly)
- Dungeon Lords (almost done TCP/IP with 2 friends - great fun after 4 patches! but but very much a hack and slash.)
- Medieval Total War 2 demo (can hardly wait for the full game!)
- Heros of Might and Magic V (tried to love it, really, but the combat just isn't compelling.)

Getting ready for:

- NWN2!
- Medieval Total War 2
- Prelude to Darkness
- Geneforge 3 and 4

Now if I can only clone myself to get through these in a reasonable amount of time.

What platform?

360. I mainly bought it for the co-op which was fun, although annoying at times (i.e. my friend doesnt notice I'm on a cliff and decides to advance, draging me into a pit). Overall, I thought it was worth a laugh with some friends.

Back
Top Bottom