What games are you playing now?

I play Diablo II every couple of years or so (drm free from Blizzard shop) and enjoy it every time with different class and build. The nice thing about it is that it runs flawlessly on my old laptop. I like the look of the remastered version but will not be able to run it on my old hardware and worried about online only requirement - maybe in the future.

I play Diablo II every couple of years or so (drm free from Blizzard shop) and enjoy it every time with different class and build. The nice thing about it is that it runs flawlessly on my old laptop. I like the look of the remastered version but will not be able to run it on my old hardware and worried about online only requirement - maybe in the future.

As far as they're saying now, offline play is still possible in D2R. Except for the one-time activation of the account, they're saying.

But of course that could change, though I imagine very unlikely to. One bad news, which they just announced, is that D2R will not be supporting hosting local game servers over tcp/ip. So your only option is via Battle.net.

edge of eternity

looks very good but has a cheap mmo feeling and its pretty noninteresting, dont care at all about the chars and story; also a game made on pc but cant jump a 5 cm fence

combat so far is simple, voiceacting and animations are pretty weak, overall the low budget feeling is everywhere

Started a single player run of Baldur's Gate in which I retrace the steps of the multiplayer game. In multiplayer I made a Cleric/Mage with my friend playing as a Fighter/Thief.

I was mainly inspired by Pathfinder: WotR. In that one I really like the mystic theurge with the Aeon mythic path, as a follower of Nethys who wields both Destruction and Protection magic in his hands. The whole magic balance idea struck a chord with me and I tried to transfer the idea to Baldur's Gate. So this is my party now:

1. PC: Lawful Neutral Half-Elf Cleric/Mage.
2. Aerie, Chaotic Good Avariel Fighter/Cleric, as a follower of Selûne.
3. Viconia, Neutral Evil Drow Mage/Thief, as a follower of Shar.

Both respecced and adjusted via EEKeeper. Oh, Jaheira stands in for Aerie until BG2. I read up on the twin goddesses and since Aerie and Viconia can't stand each other in the first place, it's really quite a fit! Moonlight vs Darkness, with the PC holding the balance. As a bonus I get to experiment with a side of mage and priest spells that I haven't experienced before, namely as augmentations for melee roles.

In WotR I'd like to do something similar. Arueshalae is one companion that would work, although I'm not sure about a counterpart for her yet.

Still trudging along somewhat slowly in my replay of ToEE. I keep getting distracted by new game demos. The latest is Cultic. It's a retro FPS that pays homage to the old Build Engine games particularly Blood.

Still trudging along somewhat slowly in my replay of ToEE. I keep getting distracted by new game demos. The latest is Cultic. It's a retro FPS that pays homage to the old Build Engine games particularly Blood.

Just finished the demo. That was a lot of fun! Was surprised to find that I'd only found 3 of 10 secrets by the end.
Meeting Mr. Chainsaw and his shuffling buddies totally gave me the heebee jeebies.

Just finished the demo. That was a lot of fun! Was surprised to find that I'd only found 3 of 10 secrets by the end.
Meeting Mr. Chainsaw and his shuffling buddies totally gave me the heebee jeebies.

Yeah, it's a decent little demo. It's not as good as Blood, but it manages to give a similar vibe. I almost quit as soon as I started because I hated the graphics so much. Turning off the color filter makes a big difference.

Well, I played a 1-2 hours of Diablo 2 Resurrected, and it shocking how good of a remaster they achieved. (...)

Is there a demo? How did you manage to play it?

Final Fantasy two. I've never played this game, initially I thought perhaps I had and simply forgotten it, yet now I know I'd never forget a FF game that has no built-in leveling system. I don't think I've ever encountered that before in the FF universe, and it was odd at first, yet with how robust the skill system/rewards seem to be, I'm soldiering on. The only issue I have so far is actually building up hit points for my team, it seems entirely based on how often you get attacked, with a variable attached. For now I'm ignorning it and exploring the world, I've only played maybe two hours so far.

I can't get into the mood for an rpg at the moment so I started a new campaign of XCOM2 with 220 mods.

The main ones change the gameplay around infiltration and make it more guerilla like yet not as much as the Long War 2 mods.

I can't get into the mood for an rpg at the moment so I started a new campaign of XCOM2 with 220 mods.

The main ones change the gameplay around infiltration and make it more guerilla like yet not as much as the Long War 2 mods.

220 mods!!! Now that's something :)

I am almost asking you the list of the mods you're using, but I doubt I will use even one-fifth of them. It would serve only for me to know where the XCOM2 mod scene is/was headed to, since I long played it.

220 mods? Is that a typo? :)

I can't imagine spending the time to install that many mods for one game.

220 mods!!! Now that's something :)

I am almost asking you the list of the mods you're using, but I doubt I will use even one-fifth of them. It would serve only for me to know where the XCOM2 mod scene is/was headed to, since I long played it.

It's actually quite easy. Just need to click subscribe all on this link and then use the XCOM mod manager to make sure they all launch.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2570619492
https://github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher/releases/tag/v1.4.1

That's it.

I doubt I could milk 220 mods out of the list that I'd care to install. I went through them and did an Xcom 2 installation a couple of months ago and think I got up to around 90.

I doubt I could milk 220 mods out of the list that I'd care to install. I went through them and did an Xcom 2 installation a couple of months ago and think I got up to around 90.

I don't care much for cosmetic mods personally, but it's easier to take them all than just a few. The main interesting one for me is the new way missions work. I think it's the Covert Infiltration mod, although I am not certain if it needs others to function the way it is now.

I don't care much for cosmetic mods personally, but it's easier to take them all than just a few. The main interesting one for me is the new way missions work. I think it's the Covert Infiltration mod, although I am not certain if it needs others to function the way it is now.

Now that you brought the subject 'XCOM2" up once again, I want to revisit my RPGWatch XCOM2 Team if only to permanently change the color of my Sharpshooter @Eye;'s outfit to Orange :)

But then I uninstalled the game and the mods :(

Back
Top Bottom