What games are you playing now?

Just these but I never used them and not sure if they are compatible with latest build.

Thanks! I'll try though they seem to address other issues.

Maybe I need to lower the mouse DPI, thankfully there are buttons for that on the mouse; it would be a pain to change that for every combat though. If only there was a convenient way to test it, other than training with the captain, who's directly charging me.

Still playing AC valhalla - I never thought I'd like the Viking setting, but there's something cathartic about lopping off Saxon heads....

@Redglyph - I probably managed about 2/3 of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but then got side-tacked by another game and then lost all my combat 'skills' and it was too much effort to get them back. That was 2019 ;-)

I probably managed about 2/3 of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but then got side-tacked by another game and then lost all my combat 'skills' and it was too much effort to get them back. That was 2019 ;-)
It happens, sadly... I had the same problem with an AC game, when I came back to it I lost all the combos to climb and fight.

Maybe you'll have a chance to get back if they finally release the last act of the game.

Played the prologue of Uncharted 4 on PC and it seems a pretty decent port so far. Looks nice and should be a nice adventure. I never managed to finished the 3rd Uncharted, since it got a little stale. The second one was a real rollercoaster ride. The first was kind of meh. I hear this one is pretty solid. But I'm not sure I have the patience for it right now. I'll see about it. Drake is a pretty charismatic character, at least much more than Lara Croft ever managed to be.

Ive been playing Gamedec and its pretty good and hilarious sometimes, but prepare to read a lot, feels more like an adventure. Writing is great though but it still has some bugs and sometimes it is annoying with the voiced line saying something and the written line something else. Finished just the first case but it has a lot of small decisions and might need replaying. The beginning is a bit hard since you also miss plenty of dialogue due to the lack of certain skills.
ps :LOL: 1.jpg

Played some more of Uncharted 4. Got to chapter 8 out of 22, which feels very short if they all keep this rhythm. It's got a pretty story. Love the dynamic between the characters, and the writing feels a bit more mature.

But one thing is just plain bad, and that's the shooting. Really wonky all the time. Guns feel like pea-shooters. And the cartoon gunfights really stick out against the narrative and visual backdrop. So does Nate's ability to swing around like a monkey, but at least that's a implemented a little tighter. The gunplay is just awful.

Oh, and also had my first crash to desktop. Really weird one. Sometimes the app feels kind of unstable. And weirdly enough, you can't even run it in fullscreen. Just windowed or borderless windowed. Compared to other PS port, which have generally been great, this really feels kind of wonky. I hope this isn't a hint of things to come with Last of Us: Part 1 and 2 ports. This is really the first Naughty Dog game coming to PC. In a long while anyway.

While digging through backups and setting up my new computer, I found Devil Whiskey. Boy did I forget how grindy that thing was. I don't know if I'll pull all the way to the end on it, but I have ground out a bit. One battle every half a step.

Since I stopped my Elden Ring playthrough, I got an urge to actually try and tackle Dark Souls, and maybe get further than I've managed in previous playthroughs. I think I must've started at least 5+ playthroughs that never got anywhere and that I abandoned at one point or another. I want to try and make it stick, since I've always been fascinated by the level design.

But it does take some getting used to, how slow and sort of clunky it all is, compared to more recent FromSoft games. They really polished their craft in the later ones. But I need to try and get with it, since if I can get into them, there's so much game there. With this one, and the other ones. They're the only FromSoft games I never managed to get into very much. I think a big part is the setting, which feels like traditional fantasy. We'll see.

It happens, sadly... I had the same problem with an AC game, when I came back to it I lost all the combos to climb and fight.
I'm trying to figure out how to get back into Troubleshooter:Abandoned Children once the new DLC completes. It's turn-based, so at least there's no muscle memory that's lost. Guess I'll go back and try some old missions in challenge mode to try and remember how all the skills work.

Anyway, I'm playing through Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous super slowly. I stick with turn-based through all the battles, even when they get easy and spend quite a bit of time talking to everyone about everything. The end result being that I'm over 80 hours into the game and haven't even finished the second act yet!

Advanced some more in Dark Souls. I killed 3 dark knights (one of them, the hardest, did fall off a cliff) and a titanite demon. Cleared most of the jungle looking areas near Andre, the blacksmith. And I managed to find the Fire Keeper Soul in Blighttown (though I still have a lot of Blighttown left to clear), and just as I returned, to upgrade my flask, I find out that apparently some dude I rescued killed the Fire Keeper. Fuck me. I can't catch a break. I wonder, had I not rescued him, would he still have killed the Keeper?

Now I need to clear Blighttown. I really don't want to. It's such a pain in the ass. Must be the worst area in all of gaming. Even without the difficulty curve, it's a pain in the ass. Since you can't see shit. Can easily fall off edges. Blow-dart fuckers keep firing at me. And poison everywhere. Awful area. And I hear in the original non-remastered version it also stuttered like crazy. That sounds awful.

Advanced some more in Dark Souls. I killed 3 dark knights (one of them, the hardest, did fall off a cliff) and a titanite demon.
Hey, snap, I've also been playing a bit of Dark Souls, but it looks like you've made better progress. Also, I tend to dodge the Dark Knights. :)

I've tried to play it on PS3 and on PC before (original release) and sucked at it...
Now I'm playing the remastered version on PC with mouse and k/b and doing a lot better.

Recently killed the Titanite demon for the first time ever. For the Bell Gargoyles and Butterfly thingy I summoned some AI help and they were very easy battles. BUT... that damned Capra demon. I died again and again and got sick of having to traverse through the Lower Undead Burg with its poison dogs and bleeding assassins, so I used a cheat. Now I'm in The Depths and generally sucking at it again. I'm close to giving up on the big dragon thing with the mouth in its chest.

I find out that apparently some dude I rescued killed the Fire Keeper. Fuck me. I can't catch a break. I wonder, had I not rescued him, would he still have killed the Keeper?
Well, shit. Is it the guy you rescue from behind all the barrels?

Hey, snap, I've also been playing a bit of Dark Souls, but it looks like you've made better progress. Also, I tend to dodge the Dark Knights. :)

I've tried to play it on PS3 and on PC before (original release) and sucked at it...
Now I'm playing the remastered version on PC with mouse and k/b and doing a lot better.

Recently killed the Titanite demon for the first time ever. For the Bell Gargoyles and Butterfly thingy I summoned some AI help and they were very easy battles. BUT... that damned Capra demon. I died again and again and got sick of having to traverse through the Lower Undead Burg with its poison dogs and bleeding assassins, so I used a cheat. Now I'm in The Depths and generally sucking at it again. I'm close to giving up on the big dragon thing with the mouth in its chest.

Well, shit. Is it the guy you rescue from behind all the barrels?
Yeah, it's actually very much playable with m&k. I'm happy, since I hate controllers.

Well, about the dark knights, to be honest, I actually found a bit of cheese tactic in a youtube walkthrough, that seems to work on a few enemies. Or not even sure how much of a cheese it is, especially against the dark knights the can easily fuck you over. But what I do is as soon I engage with them, and especially before they swing, I pull my shield up just in case but the important thing is that I circle-strafe around them until I can either backstab or take 1-2 swings. Rinse and repeat. Against the knight it more or less works for one backstab and then if I'm lucky I get to swing a couple of times and they don't stun lock me. But I can never seem to get more than one backstab max against the knights. Other players on youtube seem to manage to keep them in backstab stunlock, even as a very lock character. I can never do that.

About the Capra demon, tell me about it. Terrible fight. But I managed to find a faster way to get to him for repeated attempts. It was faster for me to just run from Firelink, avoid all the low-level warriors and go through the tunnel, that you unlock a grate for, and come out directly in the Lower Under Burg. And then just run up to the Capra demon door. That fight took me 5-10 tries I believe, but had I not had that fast way back I probably would've either stopped or farmed for more souls.

About the guy that kills the soul keeper, no it's Lautrec, the golden knight you rescue in the cell on the way to the gargoyle fight. I read that you can later on fight him and get back the fire keeper's soul. Until then I can no longer save there. :(

If I remember correctly there are few good rewards at the bottom of Blightown (including merchant, bonefire, enemies and weapons, access to boss and new area, and ..... a secret area!)
Yeah, I just got to the bottom and farmed a boatload of Large Titanite pieces and upgraded my Claymore to +10. Apparently the path into Blighttown from Firelink is 100x easier and more straightforward, than the one through the Depths.

Don't want to take over this thread, so I'll move my journal to the other fromsoft thread. Forgot all about it.

Back to playing Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods Part Two. It feels even harder now after my break from gaming over the last month. Hoping to finish it soon and start Elden Ring.

I'm also going to give Astlibra Revision a go.

Brigandine Grand Edition walkthrough errors

All countries have bountiful special events, with anime cutscenes.
Walkthrough writer states there are no special events (1) for the Esgares Empire, which you can play unlocked in the re-master = Grand Edition. He further states that if you decide to play with the Esgares Empire, then you will have the max number of knights right from the start, but drawback is no more knights will join you during the campaign ever (2).

Both statements are totally false. There are many special events for the Esgares Empire. Also I have just beaten Iscalio (country/faction) with my Esgares knights and not 2 (as is stated in the walkthru) but THREE ISCALIO KNIGHTS joined me.

The unlocked Esgares faction story is an excellent drama & tragedy! Those who like dark stories - like me - will enjoy it for sure!

The games entire story is divided into 6 chapters. One - Caerleon - and (possibly the other, Almekia, with which Caerleon has a piece alliance) are romantic medieval stories with cute characters and plenty of romancing. The other ones are different: Esgares' story is top notch drama & tragedy!

So you have to play all six countries to get the full story!

Dying Light 2 - after about 10h, im not really impressed, feels more clunky than the first game; i dont like the skill trees at all and that you are conditioned by the hp/stamina to buy skills even if you have skillpoints, so you need to farm things to increase your hp stamina. Dont like how they did the overall level combination, feels like bullshit. There are also quite a few small annoying things like you cant zoom binoculars, you cant unequip weapons but have to drop them and so on, and i got stuck plenty of times in the environment. They also fucked the night gameplay, you have some time limits and cant stand more than 5 minutes without uv lights, but this can be increased with the hp/stamina.
ps i dont know how the fuck all those trees and grass grew up on the roofs, every roof is full of green stuff and all the ground level is barren :LOL:

Dying Light 2 - after about 10h, im not really impressed, feels more clunky than the first game; i dont like the skill trees at all and that you are conditioned by the hp/stamina to buy skills even if you have skillpoints, so you need to farm things to increase your hp stamina. Dont like how they did the overall level combination, feels like bullshit. There are also quite a few small annoying things like you cant zoom binoculars, you cant unequip weapons but have to drop them and so on, and i got stuck plenty of times in the environment. They also fucked the night gameplay, you have some time limits and cant stand more than 5 minutes without uv lights, but this can be increased with the hp/stamina.
ps i dont know how the fuck all those trees and grass grew up on the roofs, every roof is full of green stuff and all the ground level is barren :LOL:
At 10h, you haven't even scratched the surface yet. It starts off slow, and I didn't like it much either for the first 10-20 hours. It gets significantly better once you have access to the entire map.

you cant unequip weapons but have to drop them
Not sure what you mean by that. I don't remember having to drop weapons all over the place to unequip/equip. I agree that the skill system in the first one was better.
The game is not the same sort of game as the first - it's a long time post pandemic and the people have learned to live with the zombies, so accordingly things don't feel as dangerous unless you go looking for it. I wasn't keen on the whole "stay in UV or you turn into a zombie eventually" mechanic at first, but it's part of the story and I soon got used to the idea.
@JDR13 is right in that things improve a lot when the game opens up. I had a lot of fun exploring and trying to get to certain high rise locations in the later game

Back
Top Bottom