What games are you playing now?

Re-post just because that game has a very forgiven fan-base.:kiss:
Didn't feel that way to me but that's just me. I made my opinion clear on the on the forum thread. I like some of the game but hated the story, and how NPCs reacted to you. I know they have a few more years of DLC planned but I doubt the ending will change.
If I recall there was a mission about a dog and lost children from their mother in the first chapter. You eventually find out truth, help her, and she spits on you for being an outcast. Some reaction that was after saving her evil brats. There are more like this.
Both Dying Light games are good but each suffer from the same mistakes. Especially the terrible game endings. As I already pointed out as much as I enjoy Dying Light 2. Ive never played a game with more unlikable and annoying npcs. If a part three is ever made I wont be buying day one.

I agree they both definitely have shit endings. The motivation for the villain in the second one is especially asinine. But still, for me both of them have positives that way outshine the negatives, and while I think the second is a genuinely good (but not great?) game, the first one is one of my all time faves.

But still, for me both of them have positives that way outshine the negatives, and while I think the second is a genuinely good (but not great?) game, the first one is one of my all time faves.
DL2 is my GotY so far, but it's been a very weak year. DL1 was definitely better and is one of my all-time favorites as well.

It'll be interesting to see what Techland does next after making nothing but zombie-themed games for the last decade. Their next game is said to be another open-world action-RPG but in a fantasy setting.

I still need to finish Pillars of Eternity (99% done main campaign and basically done with the White March part 1), but I decided to go retro for a bit. Trying out Nox Archaist. Haven't put that much time into it, but it's fun!

I'm two days into Trails of Cold Steel four, and loving every second of it! Looks like you score lots of free items if you've played the other games in the series, so that's a nice benefit. I've only done two areas so far plus the prologue, yet looking forward to spending likely the next month or two in this realm.

I'm not playing this yet, but I will be within a week: God of War: Ragnarok. The reviews are rolling in and it sounds like it's every bit as good as the 2018 game, and likely better (and bigger). Can't wait.

I'm gonna wait for the PC version of Ragnarok. I played the 2018 GoW on PS4, and kind of regretted it since it ultimately also came out on PC. Not gonna make that mistake twice.

I started playing Dark Souls 2 on PC, and what a piece of shit port, even this "remastered" Scholar of the first sin. I'd hate to see the original port. I can't for the life of me get it to run properly in ultrawide. I've used Flawless Widescreen in the past, and it generally worked. But for DS2 you need to set it to windowed. But my windowed, for some reason, doesn't support the resolution that it does in fullscreen (3840x1600).

So, after plenty of fiddling around and googling, I found a workaround that seems to work decently, but it involves using two runtime utilities. Flawless Widescreen to be able to run the game in windowed/bordered, so that I can force it to be exactly the size of my screen (by "pinning" the window to the top of the desktop screen). And then I need to use Borderless Gaming, another app I had just found) that does wonders on bordered apps, moving them around and scaling the image to completely hide the window borders.

Seems to work beautifully. Until I'll reach a point where the game will crash to desktop because of these apps. Fingers-crossed. o_O

Anyway, I guess there’s a first for everything. First time I needed two utilities to run a game properly.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for the PC version of Ragnarok. I played the 2018 GoW on PS4, and kind of regretted it since it ultimately also came out on PC. Not gonna make that mistake twice.
I hope it doesn't take forever, for your sake and for the sake of other PC owners.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the PS5. I expect it's going to look pretty awesome.

Wow man talk about a passive aggressive post if I ever read one. I'll wait for the possible PC version only because I'm strapped for cash and refuse to buy a PS5 at markup. ^^

Though your correct the videos I watched today are impressive.

Wow man talk about a passive aggressive post if I ever read one. I'll wait for the possible PC version only because I'm strapped for cash and refuse to buy a PS5 at markup. ^^

Though your correct the videos I watched today are impressive.
You've got me all wrong. I meant it sincerely. I only mention my PS5 because I bought the damn thing nearly 10 months ago and the only game that's taken advantage of it so far is Horizon, which came out in February.

You've got me all wrong. I meant it sincerely. I only mention my PS5 because I bought the damn thing nearly 10 months ago and the only game that's taken advantage of it so far is Horizon, which came out in February.
I didn't get any passive aggresive feelings from your post, for what it's worth. For some reason I also rushed to get a PS5, and have it for more than a year now (I was one of the lucky ones to get it when it was nowhere to be found), but haven't played anything aside from Last of Us 2. It's been gathering dust pretty much.

I think they mentioned somewhere at least a year of console exclusivity before their games come to PC. I'm fine with that. I very much liked the 2018 GoW, as it looked really pretty and had good combat, but emotionally it never came together too much. So I'm fine waiting.

Speaking about Dark Souls 2, besides just a bad port this game also managed to make the pretty-hard-to-read, but somewhat manageable stats screens of Dark Souls 1 look absolutely clear in what they say, compared to Dark Souls 2. They pretty much doubled the number of stats displayed, I can't find the info text button for them (seems to work only for items), and I can't make heads or tails out of most of them. Hopefully they'll become clearer as I play.

Also, for some reason I feel the game just runs at a faster pace than Dark Souls 1. And not just that the animations are faster, it's like the whole thing runs faster than you'd expect. Similar to how older games have their game mechanics tied to fps, which means the higher the fps, the faster things move in the game world. I noticed it with how fast the "bonfire lit" prompt shows up on screen and then disappears. If this is true, and not just an illusion, it not good news for the difficult combat encounters. Making a dangerous game even faster tends to go bad.

Last edited:
I didn't get any passive aggresive feelings from your post, for what it's worth. For some reason I also rushed to get a PS5, and have it for more than a year now (I was one of the lucky ones to get it when it was nowhere to be found), but haven't played anything aside from Last of Us 2. It's been gathering dust pretty much.
Isn't TLoU2 a PS4 title?

I really wanted a PS5 at first but eventually gave up trying to get one. It was nigh impossible to find one over here unless you were willing to pay hundreds over the MSRP.

Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't get one. Other than Forbidden West, I can't think of a single exlcusive I want to play, and that'll be coming to PC eventually anyways.

Isn't TLoU2 a PS4 title?

I really wanted a PS5 at first but eventually gave up trying to get one. It was nigh impossible to find one over here unless you were willing to pay hundreds over the MSRP.

Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't get one. Other than Forbidden West, I can't think of a single exlcusive I want to play, and that'll be coming to PC eventually anyways.
Yeah, it's a PS4, but running it on a PS4 was similar to playing near a jet-engine. I never heard the PS4 cooler run as loud as it tot for TLOU2. You'd think it was melting the console. So I just waited some more, and it runs very quietly on a PS5.

But yeah, there's very few exclusives for PS5 that are really worth it. Returnal is one, but I can't play that on a console since I can't aim on a controller.

That game, indeed, contains some of the most memorable guests in any game I have played. Another good one is the monastery. Enjoy every bit of it (i.e. don't rush it) if you have not done it yet.
I'm back in the monastery, in KCD ...

... for the If You Can't Beat Them quest, to find Pious. I went before to investigate the problem with the stone and also to steal a forbidden book (and now I realize I'll have to take it back for Brother Nevlas 😅). Now at least I don't have to hide all the time.

But I can't eat with the others, there's no way to sit or target the dishes, which means I have no food since I had to remove everything from my inventory to get in. I assume it's a bug. I stole a few onions, that should suffice for now. Did I miss something?

I'm back in the monastery, in KCD ...
Referring to the question in the spoiler tags: Probably. I don't remember such an issue, but it's been many years since I played the game.

Last edited:
I finally found there was one single place for the player to sit and listen to Benedict's Rule while eating.

What I like in this game is the variety of quests and what they make you do. Even after 125 hours, there are still original quests! :D

Back
Top Bottom