What games are you playing now?

Started my full play of AC Valhalla after my trial back in Feb. During the trial period I enjoyed my time romping around Norway, but picking it up again I almost immediately was forced to go to England to look after my idiot brother. I feel very uncomfortable sacking monasteries to build my own village, but at least the game discourages you from killing "civilians". There seems to an unusually large number of female warriors, and of course while you can raid and pillage, there's no raping. AC Origins was a believable world, Odyssey was mythical, and Valhalla's England makes no kind of sense at all. Also, began a quest about taking a nap under a tree that forced me into a fight with an end game boss that I had no chance against. Since I don't make regular manual saves in AC games, I lost 3 hours progress to get out of the situation. Would have been nice to have some kind of level warning for that seemingly innocuous quest.

No I did not. I was pointing out the strange morality of the game, where you raid villages and sack monasteries, pillaging for profit, but aren't supposed to physically hurt the locals unless they wear armor. "Raping and pillaging" is the common concept of what a raid involves.

I've been jumping between a bunch of different games and demos the last few days. I'm on the final chapter of Astlibra Revision, while also checking out the alpha of Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader, and various Steam demos like Urban Strife and Scars Above.

I tried High on Life for around an hour. I very much enjoy the hilarity of it all. The talking pistol and knife are hilarious, for the most part. And the shooting is very decent.
But I just got bored of shooting random ant aliens, and just the comedy alone is not enough for me to keep playing. Too bad. I just don't have the patience anymore for these sorts of games.

EDIT: Actually, I want to give it another shot. I might have been in not the best mood.

Last edited:
I tried High on Life for around an hour. I very much enjoy the hilarity of it all. The talking pistol and knife are hilarious, for the most part. And the shooting is very decent.
But I just got bored of shooting random ant aliens, and just the comedy alone is not enough for me to keep playing. Too bad. I just don't have the patience anymore for these sorts of games.

EDIT: Actually, I want to give it another shot. I might have been in not the best mood.
I found, that sometimes I have a gaming burnout, and the symptom is that I try some games and don't get into any of them. Then it may be better to take a break from gaming for a few days.
(I wrote something similar already some time ago, but I feel it might fit to your situation.)

Northgard The Viking Age & the Master of Magic Remake. I'm enjoying both games.

I tried the new Steam release of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I thought it might be cool to see a prequel story to FFVII, and the screenshots made it look decent enough.

And...no. The writing and dialogue are terrible even by JRPG standards. It's also a lot more linear than I was expecting. You just go from one mission to another with very little exploration. Maybe it opens up more later on, but I wasn't going to stick around long enough to find out. The game is 90% combat, and the combat itself isn't that compelling.

Wasn't that a PSP game and just remastered for release again? I'm sure I played the mobile version many years ago in 2007. Indeed it was according to other websites.

I've tried RDR2 for a couple of hours but the controls are indeed a mess and it's apparently never possible to save, no matter what is mentioned in the settings, so I had to replay parts of the game several times from the auto-save points. I don't know what they were thinking.

I had it refunded, I'm sure it's not a problem for most people but I have no patience for that sort of problems. What really convinced me to stop trying were the sequences of shooting and other sequences of things to do. I was expecting less freedom as other RPGs, but they're really too much constrained for me.

I've tried RDR2 for a couple of hours but the controls are indeed a mess and it's apparently never possible to save, no matter what is mentioned in the settings, so I had to replay parts of the game several times from the auto-save points. I don't know what they were thinking.

I had it refunded, I'm sure it's not a problem for most people but I have no patience for that sort of problems. What really convinced me to stop trying were the sequences of shooting and other sequences of things to do. I was expecting less freedom as other RPGs, but they're really too much constrained for me.
Yeah, the save system is weird. Though I never felt like I had to redo things just because of the save system. Only due to the checkpoint saving. It seemed to me like you save the state of your inventory and other such things, but you don't freeze the game world in a particular state. So anything narrative, only gets saved when the game decides its checkpoint has been reached.

In terms of controls, yeah, it's pretty convoluted and difficult to get used. And some things you never get used to. Most issues seem like they're actually intentional, and are done for immersion's sake.
But I felt there was enough greatness in there to actually put up with most annoyances. And I was rewarded pretty well imo, for putting up with it. It's a great world with great characters, and a solid story.

Yeah, the save system is weird. Though I never felt like I had to redo things just because of the save system. Only due to the checkpoint saving. It seemed to me like you save the state of your inventory and other such things, but you don't freeze the game world in a particular state. So anything narrative, only gets saved when the game decides its checkpoint has been reached.

In terms of controls, yeah, it's pretty convoluted and difficult to get used. And some things you never get used to. Most issues seem like they're actually intentional, and are done for immersion's sake.
But I felt there was enough greatness in there to actually put up with most annoyances. And I was rewarded pretty well imo, for putting up with it. It's a great world with great characters, and a solid story.
There seems to be very good qualities, like you said the story and characters were very convincing from what I saw. The world feels rich and there's an insane attention to details, I'm sure it's great to explore. That's why I wanted to try it.

But I quickly felt trapped in what the game wanted me to do, for instance with the first combat with the O’Driscolls, the sequence when fetching the horse in the barn, the wolves... Each time it breaks the immersion for me, and it's even more frustrating in an open-world game; I'd rather have a simple sequence to watch. I can put up with that for short or more limited games (A Plague Tale was almost too much) but it's not what I'm looking for right now.

Again, I think it's just a personal thing. :)

Ive started Death Stranding, did not played much, just 5-6h but seems like a clunky walking simulator. I really love the lore though, everything related about the death stranding seems so cool and interesting, also i really like Lea + Mads, so i will keep playing and hopefully wont get bored. I dont like how everyone treats Norman, feels like he is the most important person on the planet lol. Also the main quest seems laughable but maybe it will evolve better later.

Picked up my Trickster mythic run in WotR again. There's been a lot of changes- I'm struggling with some combats I didn't in earlier version... :X

Continuing AC Valhalla. I had a good laugh the other day... my longship came in way to hot for a raid, so when I hit the dock the boat rocked so violently all my dudes got thrown into the air! Wish I had the reflexes to get a screenie. I'm level 150 and have yet to find a Predator bow anywhere, and only basic Hunter and Light bows. I appreciate the move away from random loot, but would prefer more in general, on bosses for example.

Back
Top Bottom