What games are you playing now?

Dragon Age Origins is great, replayed it a couple of times.
Anyway just got a month of Ubisoft+ so playing AC Valhalla at the moment.

It is a fantastic game but I do agree the control scheme sucks. I believe it came out on the xbox the same time as the PC version so the UI is suboptimal.

I'm ripping through a bunch of games I bought during the steam sale. There is something nice about a short game inbetween more substantial games. As I mentioned before I finished Pentiment, Citizen Sleeper and today I just completed that old D&D beat em up Chronicles of Mystara. I was about to play that Gothic 2 mod but then realised I forgot to buy G2 Gold during the steam sale!! I originally bought boxed copies with no steam key so I will have to buy it again but don't want to buy it full price since I have already bought it 3 times!!

Just started playing Dungeon Hack from the Forgotten Realms archive.

Last edited:
I had some fun with Chronicles of Mystara when I played it a few years back. Nothing I'd likely replay, yet good enough for one serious jaunt through.

And Dungeon Hack should keep you entertained for a bit, that's a fun one also.

Playing to Witcher 3, at the moment.

Storytelling, the worldbuilding, the exploration and dialogs are great. I understand why it won so many prizes.

It's just sad that it is stuck with a consol-ish gameplay / combat. And I wish the game could be a bit more open... the world of the Witcher is vast. I wish we could be something else than a "Witcher". Archery is underdevelopped, so is equipment and magic. Little stealth. I dream of a witcher 4 game where you actually create a character.

Edit : I'm glad they got rid of the combat system of The Witcher 1, too.

I've started CP2077 a while ago, and I'm almost done: seen 4 endings and I'll probably do one more (I won't bother to try the ironman-like one).

I like it a lot, great story for the main quest and equally as great for some side quests.

Playing Knights of the Chalice 2 again. I like it a lot, but it isn't a game I get super into and play all Saturday. I play a little and stop. I'm glad they have they hints for all the puzzles in the dungeon area after the opening town, as I don't think I'd continue without them. I really wish RPGs like this would always tie puzzles to a character's INT or WIS or other relevant stat.

Nearly 50h in AC Valhalla and only went to 3 of 13 areas from the english map :LOL: . But so far im enjoying it, the only thing annoying are the Eivor voices, both female and male suck completely.

What do you think to the new limited loot system? I don't like it... I understand that some don't want their inventories clogged with hundreds of armor pieces, but I like having more choice than what Valhalla allows. As I've said before I prefer a predator bow and I only have one now because I googled it. I'm nearly Lvl 200 and I have found only one of most of the weapon types, two of a few, none of some still.

What do you think to the new limited loot system? I don't like it... I understand that some don't want their inventories clogged with hundreds of armor pieces, but I like having more choice than what Valhalla allows. As I've said before I prefer a predator bow and I only have one now because I googled it. I'm nearly Lvl 200 and I have found only one of most of the weapon types, two of a few, none of some still.
Yeah i remember in Odyssey every hour you had to filter through a dozen of useless armors :LOL: , here in about 50h only found about 4-5 pieces of armor but around 20 melee weapons lol. I found a predator bow pretty early but used only to wreck some barred doors. What i cant find is fabric, only once piece so far so cant upgrade the rations.

I found fabric in standard chests after L150. I was in Ireland at the time, don't know if that made a difference or if it's just lvl dependent.

I got sucked into the Elite: Dangerous universe. The scale of it is incredibly impressive: I just love exploring the Milky Way and seeing what's around the corner. I am sure I'll get bored with it eventually as there's only so much to do, but... 400 billion star systems, damn.

I got sucked into the Elite: Dangerous universe. The scale of it is incredibly impressive: I just love exploring the Milky Way and seeing what's around the corner. I am sure I'll get bored with it eventually as there's only so much to do, but... 400 billion star systems, damn.
I've been hit by that bug a few years ago, when it was not yet possible to land on planets. I've also played the first version on C64.

One reproach I have is how much time is required to upgrade the ships, I gave up long before I had the chance to get any interesting ship.

Does it have offline and SP? As I remember they lied on kickstarter.

You're right, there was this big controversy when they came back on their word about the offline SP experience. When I played it, it was still possible to play SP (but not offline), I don't know the status today.

I've been hit by that bug a few years ago, when it was not yet possible to land on planets. I've also played the first version on C64.

One reproach I have is how much time is required to upgrade the ships, I gave up long before I had the chance to get any interesting ship.
Doesn't seem too hard to come by credits if you do missions, but I haven't been playing that long yet and haven't looked at upgrading my ship yet. My main goal is exploring, I am hoping to slap my name on a few undiscovered systems (apparently not even 1% of the universe has been explored yet, the scale is staggering).
It's not offline (I don't know how much free space you'd need to be able to play this fully offline, I can imagine it'd be a few TB) but you can play solo (which is how I've been playing it).

I started playing Elite a bit a few months ago, after I procured a flight stick. Really fun for a while, but I don't have the time to play it properly so it's just been sitting there for a while.

Right now I'm playing Hades again. What a gem of a Roguelike action game it is. I've finished all the main story content by killing the final boss several times (10?), so now I'm just playing for the joy of it, and also unlocking new upgrades.

Right now I'm playing Hades again. What a gem of a Roguelike action game it is. I've finished all the main story content by killing the final boss several times (10?), so now I'm just playing for the joy of it, and also unlocking new upgrades.
I've been tempted by Hades but I'm not sure I can handle or even appreciate the shooting part. Is the story worth it? It seems to be mainly through short dialogues, from what I saw.

I've been tempted by Hades but I'm not sure I can handle or even appreciate the shooting part. Is the story worth it? It seems to be mainly through short dialogues, from what I saw.
The story is actually surprisingly interesting. Nothing amazing, but the presentation of it (voice acting and language used) is humoristic and very, very well done.

The game play is twitchy, but not too hard. There's many different types of skills and weapons to accommodate different playstykes to a degree.

After completing Cold Steel four a couple of days ago, now I'm onto a birthday gift from last month, the Outer Worlds. It's a bit too action-y for me, especially when compared to the game I just spent months finishing, yet the story is good and is holding my interest for now. I've killed a bunch of marauders and have only gotten to the first town so I'm guessing I've barely scratched the surface as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom