What games are you playing now?

Now I continue to play Need for Speed Heat! Although I went through the storyline, I still really like this game. I also play Battlefield 5 in parallel. First I went through it on a hard level and now I'm trying to pass it on a realistic level, which is very difficult, since the main character is literally killed with 1-2 bullets! This is a real test for me!

Now that I've started watching the original SW trilogy, in preparation for Andor, I think my next games will be the KOTOR games and then the Respawn SW games.
I tried setting up KOTOR1 for my ultrawide resolution and after about an hour of fiddling I just can't get it to work properly. Weirdly enough, even the default resolutions it does support don't seem to work properly. The bottom and right part of the rendered frame is always outside the landscape of my monitor, even though I've got a bigger height than what the game should be rendering at.

Anyway, I've had enough of trying to get it to work, and just abandoned it. I'll probably watch some short rundown of the events of KOTOR1, since I did finish it ages ago. I'm not even sure if the events of KOTOR1 play into KOTOR2.

And thankfully, KOTOR2 + the expanded content steam workshop mod seems to work nicely even on my exotic resolution. So, I'll probably just start with KOTOR2.

Now that I've started watching the original SW trilogy, in preparation for Andor, I think my next games will be the KOTOR games and then the Respawn SW games.
I tried setting up KOTOR1 for my ultrawide resolution and after about an hour of fiddling I just can't get it to work properly. Weirdly enough, even the default resolutions it does support don't seem to work properly. The bottom and right part of the rendered frame is always outside the landscape of my monitor, even though I've got a bigger height than what the game should be rendering at.

Anyway, I've had enough of trying to get it to work, and just abandoned it. I'll probably watch some short rundown of the events of KOTOR1, since I did finish it ages ago. I'm not even sure if the events of KOTOR1 play into KOTOR2.

And thankfully, KOTOR2 + the expanded content steam workshop mod seems to work nicely even on my exotic resolution. So, I'll probably just start with KOTOR2.
There's only 1 SW game from Respawn Entertainment. Well, at least until March. I don't think you'll be disappointed by Fallen Order.

Regarding KOTOR, I don't think it's aged well. I've tried replaying it a couple times in recent years and didn't last long. I've never played the sequel.

There's only 1 SW game from Respawn Entertainment. Well, at least until March. I don't think you'll be disappointed by Fallen Order.

Regarding KOTOR, I don't think it's aged well. I've tried replaying it a couple times in recent years and didn't last long. I've never played the sequel.
Yeah, seems the only way I'm re-playing KOTOR1 is at 800x600 on a screen with a native resolution of 3840x1600. Not fun. It's like I'm looking into a tunnel. Fortunately it scales up to the max height the monitor allows. :(
I'm mainly interested in KOTOR2 since I've heard a lot of good things down the years. And with the restored content that fans have done, apparently it's even better, from I hear.
I'll have to see what I'll do.

... and now that the End Is Nigh(tm), I'm still playing Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) to get the proper mood for the apocalypse.
Seriously, this game is my second best RPG in recent years (for the record: the first best is SaGa: Scarlet Grace)

I'm craving for a truly mature game for us old farts, and this game delivers in spades.

Wolcen Lords of Mayhem
On sale now on steam 75% off so i got it friday, H'n'S isnt really my thing but this game is really enjoyable, gameplay feels good and how the game looks, just wow, some scenes are truly drooling. But it has some shit save system, maybe would have refunded if i would have learned about it earlier. I dont know if its intended or bugged but you have to replay many hours because it doesnt save unlocked travel points, if you go the main menu and continue, it just loads you to the main hub of the area and resets the quests.

I kicked in for Wolcen some number of years ago, during the kick starter campaign. That save system sounds deplorable, is the game even worth playing? I remember considering playing this a few times yet it seemed more updates were always forthcoming.

Yeah, seems the Dead Space Remake is pretty spotless in terms of technicals. Looks great and runs nicely, supports ultra-wide.
They did keep the same type of slower aim speed that the original had (compared to regular 3rd person shooters), but it makes sense since it's supposed to be a horror game where your character can't just turn on a dime.
It feels very similar to what I remembered of the original.

Dead Space was a great game...when it came out 15 or so years ago.

Buying remakes like this is a good way to tell companies that all they need to do is repackage old games in slightly shinier wrappers. I'd like new games, please.

Dead Space is as good now as the day it was released.

It's not a game that I think needed to be remade yet, but I also don't think people need to worry about a sudden dearth of new games.

Played an hour or so of Hogwarts Legacy.
It looks nice enough and can even be quite pretty sometimes.
The combat system seems to be about what you'd expect, so it's at least decent and serviceable.
It seems to run very well, supports my ultrawide resolution, so I'm glad for that.
Otherwise, it feels ok. But I can definitely see not being too captivated with all of this if you don't also enjoy the wizarding world.

But I can definitely see not being too captivated with all of this if you don't also enjoy the wizarding world.

I'm somewhat lukewarm personally on the whole Harry Potter-verse, but I enjoy a good sandbox exploration game, and it's doing a good job of providing motivation to run around and poke my nose into things. So far, it also just feels like Harry Potter, which is objectively a good thing in a game about Hogwarts. I do like magic and magic schools and such even if HP isn't necessarily my favorite, so I'm enjoying it and think I will continue to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Yeah, played some more Hogwarts Legacy, and it seems it's pretty massive in terms of game world. Just the castle area is massive enough, but it seems like that's barely 1/10-th of the full open world? Anyway, seems like it should be fun if they don't go overboard with filler content. The do seem to be a lot of puzzles, but I really enjoy those. I'll need to manage not burning out on them.

Another thing I'm also surprised is how nice the faces and the face animations sometimes are. And most 3D objects look just flush with detail.

The one annoying thing so far is they seem to really like to cut-to-black, mostly when they cut between cinematics and gameplay? Which seems to be a lot unless I'm mistaken. I initially though all ingame cinematics have the black bars on the side. But every now and then I think I see cinematics that are fullscreen? Or I'm just confused.

Last edited:
I've played Hogwarts for a few hours. I might go more in depth later, but for now I just want to mention that I really like how they've implemented magic. It looks and feels good to cast, and there are a wide variety of spells. It's quick and easy to swap them out. And you will need to swap them out because a lot of the spells have non combat applications, which is fantastic. Too many games (almost all of them) don't allow you to use magic except for different flavors of hurt and avoidance of hurt, but almost all of the spells in this game can be used for exploration and puzzle solving.

Yeah, I also like the non-combat spells. And a lot of them can be used in puzzles or while exploring, to unlock or get access to things you can't otherwise. It's fun.
I just cleared my visit to Hogsmeade. But I can't wait to unlock the broom. I really hope they don't plan on unlocking it very late in the game.

Yeah, I also like the non-combat spells. And a lot of them can be used in puzzles or while exploring, to unlock or get access to things you can't otherwise. It's fun.
I just cleared my visit to Hogsmeade. But I can't wait to unlock the broom. I really hope they don't plan on unlocking it very late in the game.
I'll bet it comes fairly early. It's a big map. They're going to want to give you a way to traverse it more quickly.

I just found the introduction to the Merlin Trials, which the game tells me is how I get more gear slots (you fill them up fast). But I also discovered that getting rid of gear items is no big deal because the game saves every single one of them as an appearance you can select. You also find some appearances without actually finding the gear to go along with them.

Bought Dead Red 2 on a sale a while back and just tried to fire it up. It is so freaking huge! Didn't have enough space on my SSD to install, and on top of that it makes you use some launcher and you have to be online to run the game. Such a bummer :(

Back
Top Bottom