What games are you playing now?

I am still in my second play through of Horizon Forbidden West, new game + on ultra hard. I just fought Regalla for the second time. That was the hardest fight up to now, but manageable. Love this game... :love:

I started a game of King Arthur: Knights Tale and did the first few missions. It seems pretty cool so far. I like how you can walk around and explore areas a bit rather than just going straight from one encounter to the next like most tactics games.

I'm playing on "Moderate" difficulty which is one level higher than the default. The battles are really easy so far, but I read that the difficulty spikes dramatically at a certain point?
If you're used to TB combat, I would play on harder difficulties and make use of consumables.

I'm going through one of those periods where I keep jumping from game to game and can't seem to settle on anything. Now I've started playing Mechwarrior: 5 Mercenaries. I've only done the tutorial and first mission so far, but it seems pretty fun.

I'm going through one of those periods where I keep jumping from game to game and can't seem to settle on anything. Now I've started playing Mechwarrior: 5 Mercenaries. I've only done the tutorial and first mission so far, but it seems pretty fun.
I had a good time with it for a while. Eventually the whole stomp your way to the mission site, shoot 4-8 mechs, and stomp your way to the extraction zone got repetitive and I just yearned to play the turn based Battletech game by Harebrained again, but it's a solidly fun game. There are a few expansions, and another one is imminent: Clans.

Edit: It looks like maybe Clans is a standalone, not an add-on.

I was a bit like that until a started Days Gone, which is good, and then Skald, which is also good.
Now I'm something like 8 hours into each and haven't got as much time to play as I wanted. Hopefully things calm down a bit so I can finish them before the Elden Ring DLC drops.

I was a bit like that until a started Days Gone, which is good, and then Skald, which is also good.
Now I'm something like 8 hours into each and haven't got as much time to play as I wanted. Hopefully things calm down a bit so I can finish them before the Elden Ring DLC drops.
I think you and @Redglyph both started playing Days Gone the same time. You should compete to see who finishes first. ;)

Great game. I've been thinking about a replay lately after seeing you guys post about it, but that backlog...

Great game. I've been thinking about a replay lately after seeing you guys post about it, but that backlog...
Maybe it's what'll help you settle down and finish the backlog more quickly? ;)

Yes, it's a great game. I prefer it to HZD, though it's slightly less polished. I'm already 40-ish hours into it, so maybe I should slow down a bit (I mean, even further) and let @Shagnak catch up for this to be a fair competition. :D

Yes, it's a great game. I prefer it to HZD, though it's slightly less polished. I'm already 40-ish hours into it, so maybe I should slow down a bit (I mean, even further) and let @Shagnak catch up for this to be a fair competition. :D
That you prefer it to HZD sounds interesting, so I am thinking about trying it. But first I have a naive question: Is it possible to play it without the bike? I don't like using cars, bikes or horses in games. So if it is optional like riding in HZD or the Witcher3, I would consider trying it.

Edit: Searched a little bit for that option and, while technically possible, it doesn't seem very viable to play without bike. Saving seems somehow to be bound to the bike (???).

Last edited:
That you prefer it to HZD sounds interesting, so I am thinking about trying it. But first I have a naive question: Is it possible to play it without the bike? I don't like using cars, bikes or horses in games. So if it is optional like riding in HZD or the Witcher3, I would consider trying it.

Edit: Searched a little bit for that option and, while technically possible, it doesn't seem very viable to play without bike. Saving seems somehow to be bound to the bike (???).
The preference over HZD is mostly subjective, but I also find the map more memorable than HZD (which could almost be procedurally generated).

You can only save when you're near the bike if there aren't enemies around, or when you're near a bunk. I think it's possible to manage the distance, but the day/night cycles are pretty fast, so you'll have to wander on foot during the night if you can't make it to a place where you can sleep. It's fine at the beginning, but forget about it later in the game (even during the day, it's becoming quite crowded).

There are also some enemies that are pretty fast and pretty strong. Finally, some missions need a bike, and I'm not sure you can skip them.

I'm not a fan of bikes, but I don't mind. It's only a mean of getting from A to B, not something you need to race or to make special stunts. Why don't you like vehicles / horses in open-world games?

EDIT: There are also auto-saves, and it saves when you quit.

I think you and @Redglyph both started playing Days Gone the same time. You should compete to see who finishes first. ;)

We would need to know how many hordes each player did, I did minimal hordes first time round, whereas godson did all of them.

I would say bike is essential, you can't outrun some of the enemy encounters. The running out of petrol can get a bit annoying, maybe theres a mod but it adds to the whole challenge.

Amazing game, I felt genuine jeopardy trying to escape, and the relationships between main characters so well written. Cut scenes perhaps a little too long for some players tastes at times. I'm also inspired to do a replay but I'm currently playing fallout4 and fallout 76.

We would need to know how many hordes each player did, I did minimal hordes first time round, whereas godson did all of them.
What are those? :oops: I suddenly feel I missed something.
If that's what the challenges are about, I didn't even try.

I would say bike is essential, you can't outrun some of the enemy encounters. The running out of petrol can get a bit annoying, maybe theres a mod but it adds to the whole challenge.
Exactly! There must be leaks under those bikes. That, or the US really needs to get a grip on petrol consumption.

Amazing game, I felt genuine jeopardy trying to escape, and the relationships between main characters so well written. Cut scenes perhaps a little too long for some players tastes at times.
Oh yes, the sense of danger feels very real.

Some scenes might feel long, but I thought they were relatively balanced overall. I was more annoyed in KCD because there were many scenes in quick succession at the beginning. On the other hand, the implementation in Days Gone is a little more irritating when the game grabs the controls from the player, changes the time of day, forces a preset situation on the player... Sometimes, it feels a little rough around the edges. Nothing too bad, though.

hordes

Unless memory serves me badly, I think there were two hordes that had to be done to progress the game. Or I did a lot of squeaking and cursing for no reason, lol.

I'm playing nothing at the moment in single player. But last weekend I met with two friends for an extended gaming session. We had much fun with Wreckfest 2. It's a fun racing game which has a nice focus on demolishing the other cars. It's pretty casual as both the driving and the damage model are quite forgiving, though it's definitely not an "push accelerate to win". Perfect for an enjoyable afternoon!

I have been playing Capes and it's a bit underwhelming. The combat is alright, but I do feel like with Marvel's MS that having 100% to hit every time makes it more of a puzzle game than a tactical game. The combat is still somewhat fun but the only thing making it hard is trying to hit the side-objectives. The main objectives are trivial in my opinion.

Separately, the story is not anything special either for now.

I don't know if I'll finish it.

The bike is a lot more fun than it sounds.

The preference over HZD is mostly subjective, but I also find the map more memorable than HZD (which could almost be procedurally generated).
I never had that impression about the map in HZD. Unless you're just referring to things like foliage and rocks? The map in Days Gone is more realistic though.

Been going between AoW 4 playing all the Story Realms to squeeze out as much RPGness as I can get out of the game now.
And continuing to have a lot of fun with Zoria: Age Of Shattering which keeps getting better with each patch that the developers are quickly putting out.

I have reached the final boss fight of the base game in my HFW NG+ Ultra Hard playthrough and that fight is really a difficulty spike! Everything before this was manageable. This fight feels as hard as some of the harder Elden Ring bosses! But I will try for a while...
I suspect that I will have to reload a previous save and change equipment carefully and practice some running, rolling and sliding. Otherwise I will probably not beat this.

Back
Top Bottom