What games are you playing now?

Unless memory serves me badly, I think there were two hordes that had to be done to progress the game. Or I did a lot of squeaking and cursing for no reason, lol.
I haven't had to do any of them so far. Actually, I had no idea it was even possible. Thanks for the link!

I tried a couple of times with the smallest one, but I just died very quickly. :D Then, for some reason, the place went dry, perhaps because it was the bad time of the day. The stamina and ammo are just too limited for that sort of things, at least for me (and I increased the stamina a few times already).

I'll have to think of an evil plan.

Last edited:
It all looks the same to me, and there are very few places with enough character that I recognize them.
Really? The map varies greatly depending on where you're at. From desert, to jungles, to snowy regions, etc.

Or are you talking about the actual "map" not the game world? Maybe I misunderstood.

The key to killing the hordes is running while using traps and explosives.

Edit: Fixed and I really hate small typing screen's on phones.

You will have to go frontal assault at times as well while using the terrain.

Last edited:
Really? The map varies greatly depending on where you're at. From desert, to jungles, to snowy regions, etc.

Or are you talking about the actual "map" not the game world? Maybe I misunderstood.
Yes, there are regions, but within each of them, it felt the same. In comparison, you see more buildings, roads, accidents, etc. in Days Gone. After traversing the map a few times, I found it easier to recognize the paths thanks to all the little landmarks.

It's obviously not the case for you, so it must be subjective, too.

Yes, there are regions, but within each of them, it felt the same. In comparison, you see more buildings, roads, accidents, etc. in Days Gone. After traversing the map a few times, I found it easier to recognize the paths thanks to all the little landmarks.

It's obviously not the case for you, so it must be subjective, too.
If you mean simply from the standpoint of recognizing exactly where you're at at any given time, I guess I can understand what you're saying. There are places where you're not within sight of any significant landmarks. I tend to pull up the map a lot in games without giving it a second thought so that doesn't bother me.

I started up a new character in Diablo 4, in hardcore since that's the only I can get some excitement into the game.
And was surprised how empty the hardcore realm is. I found no player in the first town, when there used to be at least some.
The hardcore servers were always a bit empty, but this is kind of amazing. I can finally play it as almost a singleplayer game? :D

Damn, I only played it for 30 mins and I already got the Kyovishad town theme song in my brain.

If you mean simply from the standpoint of recognizing exactly where you're at at any given time, I guess I can understand what you're saying. There are places where you're not within sight of any significant landmarks. I tend to pull up the map a lot in games without giving it a second thought so that doesn't bother me.
It must be something like that, but it also makes the exploration more forgettable and leaves me indifferent to the world. For ex, in Days Gone, if I see a particular IPCA, I remember when I had to flee because I didn't cut all the speakers, and all the zombies came when I turned the power on. Or when I recognize a camp, I can remember other parts of the story; if I pass the burned church, I remember the cut scene in it, etc.

(I must have missed your reply earlier, sorry)

I really don't know what the hell is wrong with the skill trees in Diablo 4, but I 90% of the time always play a rogue, and I level up and I honestly don't know what to pick as skills.
There's only one build I've loved and somehow I keep doing that same one. I effectively level up through certain skill brackets and can't find anything interesting to pick. I always resort to the same thing.
I'm not sure what went wrong, but some feels very off about the skill tree in Diablo 4.

Also, since I'm spilling my guts. I can't believe they keep scaling the whole world. Ever since they did this in Diablo 3 they can't do differently.
I feel the whole identity of a monster is lost if I can encounter the same monster at level 10 and at level 100, and they just scale its damage and hitpoints.
The whole great thing about D2 was that you knew monsters were always at a certain level and they had an identity because of that difficulty level.
Now they're simply a stat monster, scaled to whatever level I'm at. :(

I keep hoping for that Paladin class, the only other class I played religiously in D2. But it's not coming with the first expansion. :(

I've done a few hordes in Days Gone, and it was fun. :D

I wanted to get the 3rd trust level in the Iron Mike camp to get better gear, but the missions went dry a little short of the target, and the next step was apparently going to prevent me from returning there for a while. Thanks to a few hordes, I boosted the trust more than enough for the new toys. So, thanks again for the suggestion, @Qayto! I think I'd have overlooked that mechanics entirely.

It's not too hard but it consumes a lot of stuff: ammo, explosives, scrap, ... And it's best not to waste too much time because the ear count resets at night falls (I think). I saw that the hordes progression gave access to new items, too, like weapons, improved clips, etc.

Anyway, now I've moved south. There's something to be said about open-world games that progressively unlock regions as the story advances. It's nice to have something fresh, every once in a while.

Anyway, now I've moved south. There's something to be said about open-world games that progressively unlock regions as the story advances. It's nice to have something fresh, every once in a while.
I love the first time the map expands when you take Boozer to Mike's camp. That sequence when you're driving there and the music is playing, and you realize everything up to that point was basically just a very long prologue.

It's hard to believe those devs had never done an open-world game before.

I love the first time the map expands when you take Boozer to Mike's camp. That sequence when you're driving there and the music is playing, and you realize everything up to that point was basically just a very long prologue.

It's hard to believe those devs had never done an open-world game before.
I really liked that. And they don't let you scroll the map down until you've reached that point, so you could easily believe there's nothing more than the north area. Well done. :)

Getting to the Diamond Lake then to the Wizard Island has its moments, too. They managed the suspense about Sarah pretty well, I think.

And it's best not to waste too much time because the ear count resets at night falls (I think). I saw that the hordes progression gave access to new items, too, like weapons, improved clips, etc.
Nothing resets as far as I am aware. I think I have handed in thousands spread over many days.

I have just about wrapped up Mechwarrior 5: Mercs. The main campaign and DLC storylines were the highlight. Having bespoke designed maps and a story to with shooting robots makes it much more enjoyable. I pretty much finished all the content including level 10 in all the cantina lines and all the high value missions in the game. My advice to my past self would have been to ignore proc gen missions as much as possible because there is just too much scripted content. Dragon's Gambit, LotKL and RotR were all great, Solaris was good. I think the only thing I didn't finish was getting to level 10 in the Bounty Hunter quests. I got to level 9 by playing naturally but I doubt I am going to be bothered to get the final level despite the fact that I believe it offers a Hero version of the MAD-II which was one of my favourite mechs.

Last edited:
Nothing resets as far as I am aware. I think I have handed in thousands spread over many days.
Perhaps they just get replaced after a while. I couldn't finish one, and they weren't in their nest the following day, so I moved on to other things. When I came back later, there were a lot more freakers than what I'd left.

Perhaps they just get replaced after a while. I couldn't finish one, and they weren't in their nest the following day, so I moved on to other things. When I came back later, there were a lot more freakers than what I'd left.
Oh yes, sorry I thought you meant once they were in your inventory. I did have ears dissappear in some cases but more commonly I had the issue where the body actually dissappears but you can still get the ear if you walk on the same location where it was.

Oh yes, sorry I thought you meant once they were in your inventory. I did have ears dissappear in some cases but more commonly I had the issue where the body actually dissappears but you can still get the ear if you walk on the same location where it was.
I meant the time to finish off a complete horde, sorry if I wasn't clear. Makes one wonder how he can put so many ears in his pockets, though. 😂

It's neat that the bodies remain there for a while. It's more realistic.

What I still have to experiment is whether you have to get close to the bodies to collect the ears when you kill them from a distance or not. I think it's the case when you meet lone freakers, but I'm not sure about hordes. Ears don't count for much, but an entire horde could be worth the detour.

Loved clearing all the horders on my second playthrough. There's a few really big ones where you really need to use explosives and mine everything and create choke points.
So far, I've only tackled hordes of 25-75, but I've seen numbers like 150 or 300 on a wiki... is that possible? It must be insane, and it must look like the rats in A Plague Tale: Innocence.

I really don't know what the hell is wrong with the skill trees in Diablo 4, but I 90% of the time always play a rogue, and I level up and I honestly don't know what to pick as skills.
There's only one build I've loved and somehow I keep doing that same one. I effectively level up through certain skill brackets and can't find anything interesting to pick. I always resort to the same thing.
I'm not sure what went wrong, but some feels very off about the skill tree in Diablo 4.

Also, since I'm spilling my guts. I can't believe they keep scaling the whole world. Ever since they did this in Diablo 3 they can't do differently.
I feel the whole identity of a monster is lost if I can encounter the same monster at level 10 and at level 100, and they just scale its damage and hitpoints.
The whole great thing about D2 was that you knew monsters were always at a certain level and they had an identity because of that difficulty level.
Now they're simply a stat monster, scaled to whatever level I'm at. :(

I keep hoping for that Paladin class, the only other class I played religiously in D2. But it's not coming with the first expansion. :(
I know the feeling, you can check out sites to see if they have a build option you would like to try? And I'm also bugged by not having the paladin, I'm affraid it will be the 90 dollar year 2 surprise or something :(

Back
Top Bottom