What games are you playing now?

Nehrim hasn't been completely translated into English except for the text. So I should probably say German audio and English text, and it does get confusing at times.

As for Enderal it has both English audio and text so I enjoy playing it more.

Thanks!

I speak pretty good German, due to my wife and her family being German (and Swedish and German languages being very similar helps as well). So I might try German first and see how difficult it is for me to understand it.

I'm currently playing my first ever playthrough of Kingdom Come. Very good so far, even though I didn't get very far. I'm likely to finish it around Christmas or so.

I also bought the early Darkest dungeon 2 for about 9 euro yesterday and tried it for about an hour (until I was wiped the first time).

Seems very similar to the first game in general, but the graphics are really great and atmostherpic, and the systems seem interconnected in a better way. I will play it some more later today and see how it is at the moment. It's of course early access, so I will reserve proper judgment until much later.
Please share more about your opinion of Darkest Dungeon 2.

As the reception on the internet hasn't been that great. The developer released a statement about the various issues. So it's safe to say my interest is minimal right now.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I speak pretty good German, due to my wife and her family being German (and Swedish and German languages being very similar helps as well). So I might try German first and see how difficult it is for me to understand it.
Enjoy as both mods are the best released for any elder scroll game.:)

Enderal has been text translated in different languages as well.

Link - https://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Localization

No Swedish translation yet but there is a guide on how to auto translate.

Enjoy as both mods are the best released for any elder scroll game.:)

Enderal has been text translated in different languages as well.

Link - https://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Localization

No Swedish translation yet but there is a guide on how to auto translate.
Lol, I think I'll avoid auto translation if it it's as bad as it usually is. :D

It can be very funny, but rarely immersive.

Pleases share more about your opinion of Darkest Dungeon 2 as the reception on the internet hasn't been that great. The developer released a statement about the various issues. So it's safe to say my interest is minimal right now.
Yeah, I will. The only negative thing in one hour playing, was that the driving of the coach feels off somehow. Slow and weightless at the same time.

Will post more here later today if I remember to. :)

I'm replaying Nehrim and will probably give Enderal another go next.

I want to give Enderal a go if I wasn't suffering motion sickness with Skyrim :/ damn shame

As the reception on the internet hasn't been that great. The developer released a statement about the various issues. So it's safe to say my interest is minimal right now.
I don't know whether you liked DD1 or not, so I'll explain my view point.

I really disliked the management of so many different characters in the game and the need to remember or have the wiki open for every curio to be able to pass the check correctly.

These things aren't in the game at the moment as you just manage a roster of 4 characters and most options seem to be decision based rather than meta knowledge based.

So for me the game is a lot more fun and I've played through the entire act 1 once and many other tries with different combination of parties.

I feel like the additions that I expect to see are going to make the game even more fun, but I've had at least 20 hours of enjoyment already from an ea product.

So for me the game is a lot more fun and I've played through the entire act 1 once and many other tries with different combination of parties.

So you're not finding the bickering and maluses to be too much? That's the main criticism I see. I believe the devs have already lowered the frequency in response to that criticism.

So you're not finding the bickering and maluses to be too much? That's the main criticism I see. I believe the devs have already lowered the frequency in response to that criticism.

It was a bit much at the start, but seems lower now, so probably due to the patch.
Even then, it didn't bother me, but I could see it bothering others.

I'm trying again, to get into Crusader Kings.
There's gold here, I know it, if I can just be patient enough to mine it.
Just like in the past turn-based games put me to sleep, now I prefer them.

I bought CK3, taking my time.

Also got Age of Empires 4, put a few hours into it. I like it so far

I'm trying again, to get into Crusader Kings.
There's gold here, I know it, if I can just be patient enough to mine it.
Just like in the past turn-based games put me to sleep, now I prefer them.

I bought CK3, taking my time.

Also got Age of Empires 4, put a few hours into it. I like it so far
I was thinking of playing Age of Empires 4 but it doesn't have much content in the campaigns. So I'll wait for more content. Everything else mimics the past games.

The other minus is the price it ranged from $60-70 and it's not worth it.

As for Crusader Kings 3 it's not a bad game but it simplified the mechanics from the second game to much. Paradox hasn't released that much new content either.

So you'd be better off playing the second game and it's abundant mods.

uhh.. if CKIII "simplified" the mechanics from the prior games, then I'd hate to see what the prior games look like!

I'm chasing my tail trying to wrap my head around it :D

uhh.. if CKIII "simplified" the mechanics from the prior games, then I'd hate to see what the prior games look like!

I'm chasing my tail trying to wrap my head around it :D
Try playing the first game or hearts of Iron two, sometimes simplifying is good. Anyway it's mostly the GUI, army management, and building that got remade for dummies.:lol:

I recently replayed CK3 for one day and got bored fast after conquering England.

I want to give Enderal a go if I wasn't suffering motion sickness with Skyrim :/ damn shame
Sometimes happens to me as well. The last game to cause that was GreedFall. Though they had an option to help minimize the camera shacking. So it was bearable.

Played a few hours yesterday and finished one run completely.

It is pretty fun, but too unforgiving in the beginning. Also, it seems less customizable than the last game, at least thus far. Will see in a while how it develops. Rogue-likes often get more customizable after a while.

There seems to be a decent amout of enemy variety, with very different patterns to learn. Pretty fun, but the beginning was annoying with too much to learn, and after the end of my runs there seemed to be too little variation. But this might also improve after a while.

One thing I dislike is that my runs level up my "profile" and this unlocks more loot and more professions. It seems very meta gamey and not immersive at all. Most unlocks feel disconnected from the game itself this far.

And the horse carriage driving is really boring, feels clumsily and is, to be frank, an unnecessary time sink.

All this negativity aside, I have had pretty fun anyway.
It is too much to me in the beginning of the game, since there are very few ways to decrease stress then. And it is annoying with the bickering animations in combat, since there are only a few things they say, and they only give slight debuffs or 1 stress point, and they are quite slow.

It seems like the party is supposed to become fractured, which is fine once I got used to it. But it needs more variation and that it gets less intrusive as time goes on. It becomes a little like watching the big attack animations in Final Fantasy games, ie annoying instead of mind wracking/awesome.

I don't know at what point characters die/become useless from stress, but thus far it was more an inconvenience which might end up killing the party, but mostly takes some extra time.

I think a lot of the tedium could be reduced if they add an option to increase animation speed. But that is the essence, in my opinion of course, of the stress mechanics in this game thus far: tedious management instead of a fun mechanic.

Back to playing Far Cry 5 again. I'm really trying to give the game a chance, but I don't see myself finishing it.

It's fun in short bursts, but I find myself getting burned out fairly quickly. The world looks great, and it's a fun sandbox, but I don't think the overall experience is very compelling. One of the issues I have is that there aren't a lot different models for the enemies. I feel like I'm killing the same few hillbillies over and over.

Last edited:
Played a few hours yesterday and finished one run completely.

It is pretty fun, but too unforgiving in the beginning. Also, it seems less customizable than the last game, at least thus far. Will see in a while how it develops. Rogue-likes often get more customizable after a while.

There seems to be a decent amout of enemy variety, with very different patterns to learn. Pretty fun, but the beginning was annoying with too much to learn, and after the end of my runs there seemed to be too little variation. But this might also improve after a while.

One thing I dislike is that my runs level up my "profile" and this unlocks more loot and more professions. It seems very meta gamey and not immersive at all. Most unlocks feel disconnected from the game itself this far.

And the horse carriage driving is really boring, feels clumsily and is, to be frank, an unnecessary time sink.

All this negativity aside, I have had pretty fun anyway. It is too much to me in the beginning of the game, since there are very few ways to decrease stress then. And it is annoying with the bickering animations in combat, since there are only a few things they say, and they only give slight debuffs or 1 stress point, and they are quite slow.

It seems like the party is supposed to become fractured, which is fine once I got used to it. But it needs more variation and that it gets less intrusive as time goes on. It becomes a little like watching the big attack animations in Final Fantasy games, ie annoying instead of mind wracking/awesome.

I don't know at what point characters die/become useless from stress, but thus far it was more an inconvenience which might end up killing the party, but mostly takes some extra time.

I think a lot of the tedium could be reduced if they add an option to increase animation speed. But that is the essence, in my opinion of course, of the stress mechanics in this game thus far: tedious management instead of a fun mechanic.
They don't die from stress. What happens is that they lose lots of hp and they go into meltdown resulting in a negative quirk and some native relations.

It's not like I'm DD1.

Still playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Great writing. Well researched. Lots and lots of text, which I enjoy reading.

This will probably the first Shadowrun game that I'm going to play through to the end. Both Returns and Dragonfall didn't keep me interested long enough, although I attribute that mostly to my class choice. I always thought I'd be a Decker at heart, but I actually enjoy hermetic magic much more, plus conjuring and charisma for some etiquettes. Maybe I'll revisit Dragonfall at some point, with my current character theme.

DDO lured me back in with that coupon for all free content packs. Should be playing Satisfactory, FNV: Tale of Two Wastelands, Slay the Spire, Factorio, or anything else... damn you DDO.

They don't die from stress. What happens is that they lose lots of hp and they go into meltdown resulting in a negative quirk and some native relations.

It's not like I'm DD1.
Yeah, but I'm curious to know if enough meltdowns maybe lead to death? None of my characters got more than 4 meltdowns in my finished game.

Back
Top Bottom