What games are you playing now?

I'm in the final stretch of Far Cry New Dawn and still enjoying it. Not sure I've ever played a game that's this much better than the user-reviews would have had you believe.

I like it more than Far Cry 5. The story and characters aren't as good, but I think the exploration is more interesting, and there's a lot more variety to the weapons.

I'm in the final stretch of Far Cry New Dawn and still enjoying it. Not sure I've ever played a game that's this much better than the user-reviews would have had you believe.
That's good to know. I burnt out a little on Far Cry after No. 5, but still bought New Dawn on account of it being post the apocalypse and thinking it looked okay from the trailers.

Might get around to it very soon, after Code Vein has finished spanking me.

Im in the middle of my first replay of pathfinder kingmaker, game is long af ha. Hoping to get the second in the steam sales, so i will be in the mood for the sequel.

That's good to know. I burnt out a little on Far Cry after No. 5, but still bought New Dawn on account of it being post the apocalypse and thinking it looked okay from the trailers.

I was initially afraid that playing FC5 and New Dawn back to back would get stale, but New Dawn is different enough that it's stayed entertaining. Plus I like the way the stories and characters tie together.

I'm considering playing Far Cry: Blood Dragon next.

I'm trying Encased now. It's difficult for the game to please me after my all in all great experience with Pathfinder: WotR. Encased has of course a lower budget so I need to lower my expectations.
What I can already say is that Fallout-like settings will never be my favorite. It's just so… dreary and somehow worn-out.
However I love that with Psionics they included a kind of magic!

I'm still making my way through God Wars: the Complete Legend. In one town I've found some complex labyrinth that has progressive levels for you to explore, so after building up my third squad so far in this game, I'm about six rooms in and wondering what might be next after this!

Played Far Cry: Blood Dragon for a couple of hours last night before uninstalling it.

Talk about a game that hasn't aged well. Besides looking really ugly after playing more recent games in the series, it also feels sluggish by comparison.

I think it's time for a genre switch.

Gotten a couple of hours into Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and absolutely loving it so far. I hadn't played the first one in spite of backing it and therefore owning it since forever (not sure I ever even installed it!). I had mentioned the Mac bugs, and there are a few - but the performance on the base M1 MacBook Air (no discreteGPU, no fan) is simply stellar. Chose the Paladin class which allows for loads of role-playing that I am enjoying - and plenty of negative reactions from those around me! :D

Played Far Cry: Blood Dragon for a couple of hours last night before uninstalling it.

Talk about a game that hasn't aged well. Besides looking really ugly after playing more recent games in the series, it also feels sluggish by comparison.

I think it's time for a genre switch.

Completely get your take on it after you played more recent games in the series. But the game hadn't "aged well" when it was originally released. It was supposed to be a throwback to 80's action flicks using the FarCry3 engine. Cutscenes were intentionally pixelated and blocky to capture that.

If you can accept that, the core game is pretty good. I personally loved it on account of having grown up on the types of films it parodies. Having said that, I've never managed to finish it due to the save game system being wonky. Keep meaning to go back to it...maybe this year over Christmas...yeah, probably not. Nostalgia only takes me so far when I have so many other games to dig in to.

I started playing Desolate today. It's a survival RPG with a mix of horror and post-apoc.

The setting is pretty cool, and I really want to like it, but the survival aspects started getting on my nerves almost immediately. I don't mind having a hunger and thirst system, but I don't like when you have to eat and drink every few minutes just to keep from losing health. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this one.

I finally had my fill of God Wars, tromping through some never-ending labyrinth just got to be un-fun, so I started playing a game I received as a gift a few weeks back, Legend of Amberland. It reminds me of some of the better M&M games, I've only clocked a few hours in so far yet I'm enjoying the absolute heck out of it!

We are continuing our Wildermyth journey - half way through the Eluna and the Moth campaign.

We heard a lot of good things about this module but so far its our least favourite. The pacing seems off, they are throwing a lot of enemies at us and the story seem so far is very wordy but failed to capture our attention.

@forgottenlor; @Pladio; Does it get more interesting from chapter 4? I remember we were luke warm on The Enduring War story until chapter 5 as well.

Edit: I love how we get to name our adventure party btw. Our first team was The Killtaculars. The second was The Wild Myth. Our current one is The Bree Brees (love the sound those spirits make lol)

So I shelved Encased for the moment (it just couldn't grab be atm being spoiled by Wotr), so I'm currently playing Medieval Dynasty. Never played such a slow game before. Just building up your village and doing some errand quests. It's really fun playing with the smaller permanent room mates.

Have you tried SCUM, @JDR13;?

Not yet. The world looks impressive in that one. I'm kind of backed-up with games atm though. I see you've got a ton of hours in it.

Really enjoying XCOM 2 right now. It's one of those "Why did I wait so long to play this?" games.

Not yet. The world looks impressive in that one. I'm kind of backed-up with games atm though. I see you've got a ton of hours in it.

Really enjoying XCOM 2 right now. It's one of those "Why did I wait so long to play this?" games.

I told you so :)

I actually told everyone here so :p

SCUM is loot, shoot, and boogie. A typical fight lasts about 10 seconds 1 vs 1 or up to a minute with a pack of puppets (zombies). I like quick battles and the ability to tweak the settings to match my play style. I generally turn loot up, sentries off (they're indestructible and protect military installations), and I also increase zombies and wildlife a bit. Game world is massive. I've played hundreds of hours and there are still places I haven't visited.

I mostly play it as a rogue-lite since I restart when I die. The game mechanic is set to keep your same clone even if it dies. You just spawn anew and start accumulating again. You even keep your base and can keep some of your old loot if you get back to it within an hour or so of dying. I'd rather restart. Body graphics are meh, but environment graphics are top notch.

If anyone would like a copy, friend me on Steam and send me a text. The game is on sale and I'll buy somebody a copy if I haven't bought them something in the past. First come first serve, lol.

One thing that I like about SCUM is the ability to find a vehicle, fix it up and then use it on loot runs to military bases. You can carry thousands of pounds of loot if you load your vehicle up with advanced crafted chests :)

P.S. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally killed my clone by driving too fast on country roads and playing chicken with trees or guardrails. I lose every time! However, it is hella fun playing smoosh the zombie with your red tractor or FWD pickup!

Back
Top Bottom