What games are you playing now?

It hasn't and I wouldn't really expect it to leave too quick. This is a part-time endeavor and while the guy works on it quite a bit, I'd say he'll tweak it for another year or so. I'm purely guessing, though I'll ask him tonight if I remember.

The younger mystic sister went missing/travelled with Eluna the whole chapter 3 (?), so was underlevelled in later chapters - which we really didn't like

I can't remember that part of the story clearly, but my memory for the details of game stories fade quickly.

After finishing Guardians of the Galaxy recently, I continued my playthrough of Diablo II Resurrected… and was forced to abandon it tonight after arriving in hell :) .

I decided to play the game with a Necromancer and focused on skeleton summons. This worked out pretty well until the end of Act III but I hit a dead end at the start of Act IV. The exit from "town" in Act IV is a narrow spiral staircase and as soon as you leave the staircase you're immediately swamped with enemies.

As a necromancer, you obviously need corpses to be able to raise skeletons. To create corpses you first need to kill things. You can't kill things if you and your henchman die in three seconds from being overwhelmed on the staircase.
What's even crazier is that enemies can outright block the staircase up to the very edge of the non-attack zone so you can not attack them because the game says you can not attack while in town.
The few times I made it out into the open level (after a relog) the enemies chased me all over the map. There was no way to escape them. Running away only escalated the problem because I pulled aggro of the mobs from the whole flarking level.

I tried relogging several times, lost all my gold (a few hundred thousand), got killed repeatedly and then uninstalled. It wasn't all that much fun anyway. I can only stomach these clickfests in small chunks. Good riddance Diablo 2.

@Carnifex; so I did remember to ask and it's staying in EA for awhile yet. The dev has a full-time job as a programmer and this is a passion project because he loved MM6 so much. This is his attempt to make a game in a similar vein. It is completable and it is feature complete I believe. He just wants to make several bug fixing and balance passes and those are needed. I troubleshoot for him and find stuff all the time.

After abandoning Diablo 2 Resurrected, I decided to continue my Far Cry 6 adventure. Well, or restart rather… I only dipped into it shortly when it was released, then played other games while waiting for patches and now I've returned to it. I originally started the game with a male Dani but chose to go with a female Dani on this restart.

So far, so good. It is a little disappointing that they did away with the perks imo. It was fun to look forward to certain upgrades.
All there is to look forward to now is item/weapon progression.

It's been a long enough break between Far Cry 5, or New Dawn rather, for me to enjoy another Far Cry game. Just like Far Cry 5 the game is not taking itself too seriously. It is full of Hispanic/Cuban/Middle American cliches and crazy stuff (like a pet gator as a companion).

What is slightly annoying is the technical side. I get freezes/crashes pretty regularly, like three crashes/freezes in four hours now. I'm sure it is not my system because I'm not overclocking and everything else is stable.
Ubi will release DLC #2 next week so hopefully there will be a patch to improve stability in conjunction with that release.

What is slightly annoying is the technical side. I get freezes/crashes pretty regularly, like three crashes/freezes in four hours now. I'm sure it is not my system because I'm not overclocking and everything else is stable.
Ubi will release DLC #2 next week so hopefully there will be a patch to improve stability in conjunction with that release.

That's interesting because I never had a single issue during my playthroughs of Far Cry 5 and New Dawn. However, my system hates Assassin's Creed Odyssey for some reason, and I can't even play that game due to how often it locks my rig up. I don't think Ubisoft uses the same engine for that series though.

It's disappointing to hear they got rid of the perk system. It sounds like it's basically a pure shooter now. Oh well, I can't say I had much interest in FC 6 anyways.

So, after completing Legends of Amberland the other day, now I've fired up Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, and checking it out. So far I've only played a few hours, and I'm not sure if the game actually has a save system or if it simply remembers where you last stopped, yet I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far. I've not gotten far, just completed some train ride when I stopped playing yesterday, after doing a few missions.

Far Cry 6 still has perks but they're tied to the equipment you use. It is exactly as much of a shooter as 3, 4 and 5 are.

If I ever go back to that series, I think I'd be more interested in FC4 than 6. Do you think that one still holds up pretty well? I tried playing Blood Dragon recently, but it felt really dated.

If I ever go back to that series, I think I'd be more interested in FC4 than 6. Do you think that one still holds up pretty well? I tried playing Blood Dragon recently, but it felt really dated.

I think it would, yeah. The most damning thing one could say about FC4 is that it was environmentally and mechanically similar to 3, but it was a good Far Cry with good side characters (more Hurk!), good exploration and a good villain in Pagan Min.

I installed Far Cry 4 today and played through the prologue and a few of the early quests.

I don't think it's for me. It turns out the setting doesn't appeal to me like I thought it would. I also don't like the map system where you can see every outpost and its difficulty right from the start.

Maybe I would have enjoyed it had I played it prior to FC5, but doing so afterwards seems like a significant step backwards.

and a good villain in Pagan Min.

Maybe he gets better later on, but my first impression of Pagan Min wasn't good at all. Compared to Joseph Seed, Min just seems like a generic power-hungry psycho. He doesn't have half the charisma or mystery of Seed.

Talking about Far Cry, I have continued my playthrough of Far Cry 6 and I have not had a single crash since leaving the opening island which leads me to believe that the initial instability (about one program freeze/crash per hour) was temporary and location related. The game has been rock stable for a few hours now.

The game is slowly growing on me and I'm starting to enjoy the exploration and checking off the map markers. It is not as fun as Far Cry 5 and New Dawn for me though. Those were more fun because of the more unique setting. Far Cry 6 is pretty similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands (set in Bolivia) with its Hispanic vibes so it has way more of a "been there, done that" feel to me.

And talking about Wildlands, I think I liked that one more than Far Cry 6 as well. At least so far… I'm only about 11 hours or 18% into Far Cry 6 so we'll have to see about that.

Playing Cyberpunk, these days. 53 hours in and I don't see the end anytime soon. It's one of those few rare truly open world game. Fairly enjoyable. Mission are fun, numerous, and varied. The city is very well done. No real bug so far and for that, I'm thankful to play the game a year after it has been released.

It got a few problems, however. Loot and equipment in general isn't well done, imo. Combat tend to be a bit too easy. But still, the story is interesting and I'm glad a company other than Bethesda and Piranha Bytes tackle that sort of game.

The game is slowly growing on me and I'm starting to enjoy the exploration and checking off the map markers. It is not as fun as Far Cry 5 and New Dawn for me though. Those were more fun because of the more unique setting. Far Cry 6 is pretty similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands (set in Bolivia) with its Hispanic vibes so it has way more of a "been there, done that" feel to me.

I've played most (maybe 80%) of Far Cry 6 and one of the things I liked about it is the diversity of its setting. Geographically, terrain, buildings, there's something different to see around nearly every corner. Much more so than in previous Far Cry games, to my recollection.

After finishing the pathfinder sequel, needed something more cinematic and with very little reading haha, so i started A Plague Tale. Finished it 2 years ago but on my pc on low settings, now playing it on max on geforce now service, looks absolutely stunning.

I've played most (maybe 80%) of Far Cry 6 and one of the things I liked about it is the diversity of its setting. Geographically, terrain, buildings, there's something different to see around nearly every corner. Much more so than in previous Far Cry games, to my recollection.

That's true but Wildlands had that as well. Wildlands had the Andes snowy mountain peaks, the saline lakes, the jungle, the swamps and the pine forests... it had everything from the real Bolivia. The world was absolutely amazing in that game and Far Cry 6 just feels pretty similar to me.
Well, not just in that regard ;) ... Far Cry 6 is 100% UbiSoft open world formula obviously so it generally has a fairly derivative look & feel.

I started 3rd run of WotR but this time on Daring difficulty - should be interesting, I hope I will get through it without lowering difficulty back down to Normal.

Also started All the Bones of Summer campaign in Wildermyth with hubby. We finished the chapter 1 last night and finding this one more enjoyable than Eluna and the Moth campaign :)

Apart from Heaven's Vault, which is an incredibly deep game, despite its rather cartoony graphics, almost worthy of Indiana Jones, I guess ! -
- well, apart from that I fired up the "Talkie Version" of Indy Jones 4 today. You know "Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis", a game that drawn one deeper and deeper and deeper in ... Which is a rarity with modern games : To be able to hook one into without any action !

That "Talkie Version" was never released here in Germany. All we got was a translated German-language version - but that was good enough to draw one into the game !

So ... I think I'll play that game with real voices for the very first time in my life ... And I think that I'll have lots of fun with it again ! :)

That and "Heaven's Vault" ... I think that game is slowly climbing up into being one of the deepest stories I've ever played ...

That's what I'm playing now ... apart from getting back to full health after 2 weeks which had been not very good for me ...

I'm starting to get my legs stretched in Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. Some guy, I think his name might be Sion, joined me after a few missions and seems able to hold his own in battles, so far. I've done maybe ten missions so far, we're both level thirteen, and today I'll be exploring some side mission that popped up last night. Only two issues give me pause with this game to date: the save system ( I think the game just remembers your progress, but I'm not sure on that), and the master research system seems overly tedious, perhaps that's just me. Other than those two issues the game is lots of fun!

Back
Top Bottom