What games are you playing now?

Im replaying gothic 2, its been almost a decade since my last replay, and holy shit how hard it is as a melee char; i dont know if something is messed with my game but dont remember it being so tough, i died more here than in dark souls lol. Im lev 13 now and still have to stick alot to the bow and kill shit from upper ground huehuehue.gif, thank god arrows are infinite at the traders. I refinished the first game prior to this, and that one was a breeze in melee combat.
For those that dont know, steam now has the workshop for the game, alot of QoL mods there like autosave, extended stats or categorized inventory.
Also its worth being mentioned for the millionth time, how much content there is on such a small map and how divine everything is placed. Around 25h so far and still have a bout a 3rd of the first map to explore plus havent left for the addon one.
I'm playing pure 1H melee. I spend a lot of time running to and from beds! I just killed my second dragon, can handle 2 orc warriors, or an elite now. So making progress, but it's a grind.

My brother lives in Chicago Metro and I live in St. Louis Metro. We're 600 km apart :) We play over the web and chat over discord. We're looking for action rpgs and survival games as neither of us like adventure/strategy/tactics/puzzles, etc :) We both play almost exclusively rpgs and survival types. We both love crafting, tolerate building, and love equipping toons and killing stuff.
What about Borderlands? Basically it is also an Action RPG like the diablo clones. While I never play coop I love both Grim Dawn and Borderlands, so this could be a sign, that they are suitable for a similar taste. Most people playing coop say that Borderland is great because of its coop features. At least trying it should be worth while…

Playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition..and loving it..
Played Mass Effect 1 years ago and really enjoyed it but remember not liking any of the changes in Mass Effect 2 that I was reading about so passed on it. I'm ready to go all out on it now..glad I waited, this series is going to be a blast..

I started Resident Evil: The Village. As a game, it's not great. It's very linear, and there are a lot of sequences where if you don't do the right thing/go the right way immediately, you're going to die. It's almost like Dragon's Lair in a way. The controls are also very sluggish, which feels terrible when you're trying to aim or run for your life. But the graphics and visual design is amazing, and the setpieces are memorable (part of why the gameplay is so rigidly constrained at points). It's like RE if Rob Zombie directed it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm less and less convinced myself. How easy was the control during combat? Were you playing K+M or with a controller?

From what I understood, the "immersive sim" was about the ability to play with the environment, like moving crates and climbing on them, or setting fire to barrels and so on. Maybe it's stretching it.

I didn't try it with a controller. I think that would be even harder though. Even with a mouse, I was missing quite a few shots.

The environment is fairly interactive. It's nothing groundbreaking or unique though.

I'm playing pure 1H melee. I spend a lot of time running to and from beds! I just killed my second dragon, can handle 2 orc warriors, or an elite now. So making progress, but it's a grind.

So no points in bows or crossbows at all? That must be a really tough build to play. I lean on ranged weapons a lot in the first half. I can't imagine going pure melee especially with the added difficulty of the expansion.

I started Resident Evil: The Village. As a game, it's not great. It's very linear, and there are a lot of sequences where if you don't do the right thing/go the right way immediately, you're going to die. It's almost like Dragon's Lair in a way. The controls are also very sluggish, which feels terrible when you're trying to aim or run for your life. But the graphics and visual design is amazing, and the setpieces are memorable (part of why the gameplay is so rigidly constrained at points). It's like RE if Rob Zombie directed it.

I wasn't impressed by the demo, and I'm a huge RE fan. I'm surprised how popular the game seems to be though. Overwhelmingly Positive (95%) on Steam. I'll get around to playing it eventually.

So no points in bows or crossbows at all? That must be a really tough build to play. I lean on ranged weapons a lot in the first half. I can't imagine going pure melee especially with the added difficulty of the expansion.
No learning points into any kind of bow or DEX. I did use the tablets on them, and I carry a crossbow for show but my range and damage with it are useless. I got the Holy Arrow but that is crap too, so I don't use that either. I'm L32 now and can handle 2 orcs ok, 3 if I'm lucky. I've picked up speed now on clearing all the maps, before taking out the last 2 dragons and triggering Chapter 5.

I somehow raised str and dex evenly and have both at around 50, found a 1h sword with 100dmg that requires only 50 dex, now i slash almost every decent mob hehe.

After refinishing gothic 1+2, went into the Archolos mod, and its incredible how well done it is; much more complex though with crafting, cooking, transcribing, i spent a few hours and still cant afford anything lol. Pretty much all the useless shit from the gothic games here can be used for something, so money is hard to get, plus every thing you want to learn also costs money besides learning points.
Another good thing is that union/ninja work with the game, so you can mod the mod ha, and use some quality of life mods.
ps https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2729500386 loading screens from the game :D

Attachments

• 2729500386_preview_LOA_06.jpg
    2729500386_preview_LOA_06.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 100
I originally planned on rolling into Archolos after G2, but I've put in 200+ hours now into G1&2 and not done yet, so I'm going to bump it to later in the year. Looks awesome though. Do you still play Nameless, or someone new?

I originally planned on rolling into Archolos after G2, but I've put in 200+ hours now into G1&2 and not done yet, so I'm going to bump it to later in the year. Looks awesome though. Do you still play Nameless, or someone new?
You play someone else in the mod. I started it but got distracted

I'm playing around with some classes that I usually ignore in Final Fantasy five, specifically some mage-types. I'm starting to think the summoner class might be overpowered beyond reason, lol, there doesn't seem to be anything capable of stopping these guys, if you've picked up the appropriate summons along the way.

The Demo for Turbo Overkill. It's a new cyberpunk shooter that's currently in EA. I liked it enough that I immediately wishlisted it. I might even purchase it while it's still in EA which is something I almost never do.

It's fast-paced with very tight controls. Even at this stage it feels very polished.

10 days later, still in Archolos mod for Gothic 2 but im approaching the end i think since im in the last chapter. This is definitely goty material and no surprise ebing so high in the tops here.
ps learned some polish words as well while playing this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing Legend of Grimrock. Going in I didn't know what to expect. So it's a dungeon crawler blobber. Good fun I must say. Was going with my standard party of 4 at first. All humans, since there are no elves. However, the characters are so undefined in this game that I restarted with a Minotaur warrior, a Lizardman rogue and two Insectoid mages (fire & ice). My party is at dungeon level 5 now.

Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. :)
Recently realized I was playing it 25 years ago, several times, but never completed it.

I've been beefing up my squad in Final Fantasy five and now progressing the story. Last night I got the submarine and now it's time to explore some underground lairs!

I'm playing Legend of Grimrock. Going in I didn't know what to expect. So it's a dungeon crawler blobber. Good fun I must say. Was going with my standard party of 4 at first. All humans, since there are no elves. However, the characters are so undefined in this game that I restarted with a Minotaur warrior, a Lizardman rogue and two Insectoid mages (fire & ice). My party is at dungeon level 5 now.

I enjoyed LoG especially some of the puzzles. Grimrock 2 is even better, although I got stuck at some point and never finished it.

Grimrock 2 is great, but it gets pretty damn hard in some parts. Had to do some Googling at some points. I got all the way to the boss fight at the end and found it too hard at that point. I should probably look up the end on YouTube to satisfy my curiousity.

Yeah, overall while I liked both the Grimrock games, I prefer the first over the second. Both are certainly worth playing, though. And I'm ever hopeful that we'll get a third game at some point.

Back
Top Bottom