What games are you playing now?

I decided I was too harsh and judgemental about my first impressions of Daggerfall, after having only spent around 2h with it. Plus some of the issues I was having might be due to the unity version. The graphical ones at least. So I removed my impressions. I'll reserve judgement when I have more time to dedicate to it.

But, in short, my main issues was that it was too similar to Morrowind, which also offered a very beautiful world to explore (especially with the latest community graphical updates), while only being slightly more sophisticated mechanically (from what I managed to see and read about it) than Morrowind, and offering a humongous world to explore, but which unfortunately is dragged down by the fact that it's very samey and randomly generated. (exploration which also suffered from the graphical glitches I had). Which is understandable as you could not have that big of world, crafted by hand. Especially not back then.

I'll try it again when I have a lot more time to dedicate to it. I really want to like it, since in theory I love how ambitious it is with the scope that it tackles.

I remember just how much I enjoyed Daggerfall when I first played the game at release, and then a few years later. I've not replayed it in at least a decade so I'm fairly curious as to how I'll find it this time around.

I recently discovered Amid Evil which is a spiritual successor to Heritic and Hexen. It was actually released in 2019 so I'm not sure how I missed it until now. If you're a fan of those games, it's definitely worth checking out. There's a playable demo on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/673130/AMID_EVIL/

I am half-way through Couriers of Darkness and one third through King Arthur A Knight's Tale. When those two are done it will be on to Wartales.

I am also replaying, when time, C2077 and WOTR (just a little here and there when in the mood). Plus my standard favorites I tend to muck around in :)

I recently discovered Amid Evil which is a spiritual successor to Heritic and Hexen.
I somehow own that (perhaps I got it in some bundle) but I've yet to play it. Might give it a whirl sometime today.

Just had a go at Amid Evil. It's good!
Finished the first level - killed 100% but only found 1/9 secrets! Really got to up my exploration game.
The only thing I'd change is the font, which I find a little hard to read.

Done with gothic 1+2+archolos, redoing a risen trilogy run, good times.

Now that I've wrapped up Final Fantasy five, I'm headed back to Telepath Tactics, in the hopes that an extra months of patches/updates have improved the game.

I am half-way through Couriers of Darkness and one third through King Arthur A Knight's Tale. When those two are done it will be on to Wartales.

I am also replaying, when time, C2077 and WOTR (just a little here and there when in the mood). Plus my standard favorites I tend to muck around in :)

Jeez, you've been busy wolf!

I haven't had much time for gaming lately so just ESO housing...

Wish I have more time so I can play WotR DLC2 and Winkeltje (release version!)

Jeez, you've been busy wolf!

I haven't had much time for gaming lately so just ESO housing…

Wish I have more time so I can play WotR DLC2 and Winkeltje (release version!)

Aye and now very heavy into GameDec, which has turned out to be awesome. Which is good as one reason I have been playing so many games is because I have been bouncing around trying to find one that really grabs me, one that keeps me up late and thinking about it when not playing.

Couriers, KA:KT, Wartales … all okay games for a diversion but none of them really grabbed me. Hence why I play them and then cycle through some old favorites.

GameDec has been great. I may try Disco Elysium after but not as keen on that story and atmosphere. I find the whole idea of being a game detective in a futuristic cyberpunk like reality pretty fun. Hits a lot of the right notes story wise for me. I also just had a surprise relationship I was able to do that really made my night with the game.

I plan on doing another WOTR at some point but with over 500 hours in it been on a break.

Glad you are enjoying ESO although I understand its a mixed bag of fun since there is also that grinding aspect to it :p

I've played the first mission of one of the campaigns of Songs of Conquest, since it just released into early access.

Overall, I'm pretty postiive about it.

In terms of mechanics and gameplay, it's 80% HOMM3. Pretty much. And that's a good and a bad thing, if you want something more fresh. For me, I think it's good.

What pretty cool is the presentation. I really like the music. And the graphics are a very beautiful and stylized pixel-art-like. It's pretty cool and nice to look at.

Other than that, it's HOMM3. If you liked that, and want more of that, get it. :D

Also, it feels pretty polished for an early-access game. I'm not sure how much of the content is there. But what is, feels polished enough to me. Also, it comes with multiplayer and a map editor. And apparently they're also planning on featuring community maps.

I'm playing Star Wars: KotOR now. Graphics didn't age well at all, but Hi-Res mods made it bearable. Otherwise it's pretty fun.

We're 600 km apart :) We play over the web and chat over discord. We're looking for action rpgs and survival games as neither of us like adventure/strategy/tactics/puzzles, etc :)
Still feel compelled to reinforce A Way Out as something you guys should check out. It's a perfect Friday evening game. Mature. Lots of action, too. Often thrilling. Not too hard - your brain cells can rest. Constantly changing gameplay elements. Good flow. Awesome scenes. Best two-player Co-Op experience we've ever had. Also, best going in not knowing too much about it.

Regarding Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons:
will be curious how you feel about that one as i do play adventure games - got it in the ukraine bundle
Unfortunately I found out that it's actually a single player game. Two-player mode has only been added in the Switch version. Bummer.

Got it anyway. Game length is only 3-4 hours, so it shouldn't be too hard to fit it in.

I started replaying Days Gone on PC and had fun with it, but it's not quite the same as the first time - as it's very heavily based on narrative and has minimal replay value.

The fact that I've enjoyed it as much as I have is a testament to the fantastic game that it is - but I don't think I'll get through it.

Then there's Wasteland 3 - which I should adore, but I somehow only enjoy to a certain extent.

I think it's a me problem and not a WL3 problem.

I have a harder time getting into games than I've had in years. Mostly due to other obligations and just being exhausted with most genres.

Maybe Starfield can get me going again.

I will say, though, that I greatly enjoyed Elden Ring for the most part - once I got it running properly through a couple of mods.

But I sort of got distracted at the final parts - and it couldn't quite keep me hooked all the way. I think that's mostly due to the lack of a compelling narrative - which I usually require for a game to stay interesting all the way to the end.

But, damn, does that game ever ooze atmosphere. I think the best word I've found to describe it is "majestic", truly.

Midway through risen 3 after refinishing the first 2 games and holy shit, melee is absolutely atrocious in this one with all the jumping and dodging around. Went the musket way and its highly enjoyable but besides the world, game feels like a letdown. No idea what happened to the writters but everything seems written by a 5 yo and that MC voice, just OMG.

Midway through risen 3 after refinishing the first 2 games and holy shit, melee is absolutely atrocious in this one with all the jumping and dodging around. Went the musket way and its highly enjoyable but besides the world, game feels like a letdown. No idea what happened to the writters but everything seems written by a 5 yo and that MC voice, just OMG.
It is the only pb game I did not enjoy and stopped quite quickly.

I've been playing HoMM3 myself. I haven't played it for more than a single scenario here and there in a long time, so off to campaigning I go! I did install Might and Magic 9, having forgotten just how horrible that mess is. It's since been uninstalled.

I'm fully back into Telepath Tactics now, and some of these battles can easily take more than an hour. I'm glad they put in a save feature that you can use during battles as I don't really play marathons anymore. I'm right in the middle of a fight now that basically had me use just about everyone on my squad, and some of them are at pitiful levels, so we'll see how it all works out!

Regarding Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons:

Unfortunately I found out that it's actually a single player game. Two-player mode has only been added in the Switch version. Bummer.

Got it anyway. Game length is only 3-4 hours, so it shouldn't be too hard to fit it in.

thanks - i prefer single player games , had a feeling it was going to be short

Back
Top Bottom