What games are you playing now?

After wrapping up Telepath Tactics last night, today I started playing the first Final Fantasy: Legend game. I believe these were made for the gameboy maybe around 1990, and while I'd heard of them back then I've never actually played them before, so I'm stoked! I've played about an hour so far and really enjoying it so far.

I don't have time to really invest in a game right now, so I've just been jumping around and trying different games and demos lately.

I tried the Beta for Hard West 2 and liked it well enough. Might purchase that one when it's released.

I played through the first map of Songs of Conquest. Nice nostalgic feel to it. Nothing groundbreaking, but it seems solid. Nice music, and I like the bard that sings between maps.

Also played some Gauntlet for the first time in years. The Steam version is a remake of the old arcade game, and it's pretty fun in co-op.

Having a blast playing Kingmaker turn-based mode, didn't finish it first time around so hoping to complete it this time as I'm looking forward to delving into wrath of the righteous.

I finished up with the first Final Fantasy: Legend game and, rather than continue to the next one right away, I've oped to explore Saturday Morning RPG which, thanks to JDR13, I've a key for. So far I've completed episode one and while there are a few QTE's to deal with, on a whole I'm having fun!

Currently playing through Hollow Knight for the first time, really great game and surprised how much I'm enjoying it. I'm also replaying Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas

And this morning I began Final Fantasy Six! I've been holding off on this one for a while, because when it's over I'm done with the new pixel versions, save for picking up four at some point which I've not done yet as I replayed it only two or three years ago. Six is of course considered by many to be the pinnacle of the Final Fantasy series and I know I'll have a great time replaying it!

I tried Amnesia: Rebirth today which I picked it up a few weeks ago when it was free on Epic. I've played some of their previous titles like the Penumbra series, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and SOMA.

It's ok, but, like their other titles, the gameplay is barebones. It's really all about the story, and I'm not in the mood right now for just story. I ended up uninstalling it after a few hours and reading the synopsis on Wikipedia.

I bought INFRA when it was at a ridiculous 1/4th of its price, and played a little with it. It's an exploration / adventure / puzzle game using the Source engine.

It's fun as a casual game, as long as one doesn't expect a memorable experience. The game doesn't hold your hand too much, you have to figure out what to do and how to do it; I've seen comments from players who were frustrated because they had no idea what to do, even at the beginning. The "puzzles" or problems to solve are often of a technical nature (issues in a power station, a dam, …), they made it realistic enough so intuition can help.

I first saw it in a video of Real Civil Engineer. This guy is trying all sort of simulation games, not taking it too seriously, and it's quite entertaining to watch! ;)

V Rising is super high production values, cool game overall, good mechanics, solid combat, great UI - everything about it is awesome.

Except for no offline SP and no pause for SP. I can't play games that have no pause and a high probability of carnage while the game is running.

Refunded for now but I'm hopeful.

I got to the part of FF six last night where, for me, the game really starts to get good and additionally exciting: once you score your first round of espers!

The journey will continue later today, I might get to the opera house in the next gaming session or two.

I guess I'm not the only one to jump on the classic FF bandwagon this week. I started FFV this morning. Unfortunately, it's on a PiBoy DMG build, so I ran out of battery before getting far, but I'm having fun anyway.

I finally gave Deathloop a try this weekend. It's…interesting.

I really like the art style. It's a weird 1960s-70s vibe but very cool. The gunplay seems pretty average, but I've only tried a few weapons so far.

What I don't like is the dialogue and voice acting. They come off as a bit amateurish to me, and the writing leaves something to be desired.

I've been poking around in Gloomhaven again. I bought it when it came out and got several missions in, but kind of hit a wall. I'm doing the guild mode or whatever it's called, rather than the OG campaign. It has about the same amount of story bits, which I thought it might lack.

Is anyone still playing this? It got a fair amount of discussion when it was released, but I can't remember seeing anyone mention it for ages. Anyone finish it? Anyone get the new DLC?

Is anyone still playing this? It got a fair amount of discussion when it was released, but I can't remember seeing anyone mention it for ages. Anyone finish it? Anyone get the new DLC?
I was pretty enthusiastic at first, but got to a point mid-game where I was sick of failing. I do intend to return to it though, as I understand the DLC adds some improvements.

I'm still making my way through Final Fantasy six, just got to the part where you must play Celes alone for a bit, which for me is always a bit of a challenge since she's never really part of my main stable of characters. Once I hook up with Sabin we'll be on the path to getting the squad back together!

Still playing WOW TBC Classic, almost 50 with my orc lock, i think they increased the xp or something, i skipped several areas because i was overleveled, dont remember this happening at launch in 2019. Anyway, now 99% of the chat is about selling dungeon boosts lol. Still fun to play questing, cant wait to reach outland :biggrin:.

I've started playing INFRA. It's a first-person adventure game that's turning out to be surprisingly fun. Heavy focus on exploration and puzzle-solving. It's amazing how good the Source engine can still look considering its age.

I've started playing INFRA. It's a first-person adventure game that's turning out to be surprisingly fun. Heavy focus on exploration and puzzle-solving. It's amazing how good the Source engine can still look considering its age.

It's not too bad looking, that's true. There are loading areas, which we wouldn't have on modern engines, but they're only loading after each important zone where we normally spend enough time so that it's not annoying.

It's not too bad looking, that's true. There are loading areas, which we wouldn't have on modern engines, but they're only loading after each important zone where we normally spend enough time so that it's not annoying.

Did you finish it? I just reached Chapter 3. It's impressive how many things there are to see and find in this game. I thought I had probably found just about everything in the first two chapters, but a quick glance at a walkthough showed I missed quite a bit of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom