What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I'm definitely down for Cocaine Bear, the trailer blew me away!

And I agree, The Menu was fantastic.

Quits Witcher, gets fired as superman, and ends up in Warhammer, what a journey. Early info suggests he will also produce it as well since he doesn't want another Witcher.

Basically he wants creative control and not a writing team that hates the source material.

Having seen all of Nolan's films except his first one, I should think I'll be going to see it. Since it's historical and a biopic I doubt it'll have too many of the more experimental Nolanisms regarding the script.

I'm not typically a fan of Nolan's stuff (overrated springs to mind), but that trailer really speaks to me. In addition to loving Cillian Murphy as an actor (I can hardly recognize his voice here), having this be based on a historical figure is bound to ground the movie.

During the explosion, I kept thinking to myself, "Surface of the Sun."

Watched Violent Night. It was silly and ridiculous - but fun. Despite expecting it to be more visceral from the trailer, it was still unapologetically enjoyable. Plus it turned me on to a Christmas song I had never heard before:

Morbius

Boring and predictable even by Marvel standards. It's telling when the post-credit scenes are far more interesting than anything that happened in the movie. Skip it unless you're just determined to see eveything in that universe.

Last night I watched a horror flick called You Won't Be Alone. Sometimes these films turn out to be more thriller than horror, this is certainly the latter. It was pretty good, a nice blending of both human and supernatural elements.

Last night I watched a horror flick called You Won't Be Alone. Sometimes these films turn out to be more thriller than horror, this is certainly the latter. It was pretty good, a nice blending of both human and supernatural elements.
Just checked it on IMDB, has The VVitch vibes. Looks worth checking out, cheers!

Quits Witcher, gets fired as superman, and ends up in Warhammer, what a journey. Early info suggests he will also produce it as well since he doesn't want another Witcher.

Basically he wants creative control and not a writing team that hates the source material.
Did you see the new Witcher Blood Origin trailer and any interviews? I love Yeoh, but this doesn't look too good to me. I'm not sure what happened with Cavill, but I don't like when shows have drastic changes in cast. I guess the prequal series for Spartacus was good, but I think the main actor actually or died or something so it wasn't due to any sort of drama or dab choices.

Did you see the new Witcher Blood Origin trailer and any interviews? I love Yeoh, but this doesn't look too good to me. I'm not sure what happened with Cavill, but I don't like when shows have drastic changes in cast. I guess the prequal series for Spartacus was good, but I think the main actor actually or died or something so it wasn't due to any sort of drama or dab choices.
I haven't checked it out yet, but Blood Origin was released today actually.

Watched the sequel to Knives Out, Glass Onion. It was serviceable, but I greatly preferred the original; it felt rather soulless compared to the first. While I did not at all dislike the main protagonist, I also did not find myself empathizing with her as I did with the protagonist in the first film. There was also a bit of social commentary which I felt was out of place in what I thought would be another ol'timey-style detective story.

6/10

Last night I re-watched The Last of Sheila, a film I first watched almost fifty years ago and not since. Still excellent, an utterly superb cast, Hollywood only wishes they could have people like these nowadays, and a great coherent story.

Don't typically post trailers in this thread but this one has really piqued my interest:

Seems like it could be interesting. The fact that it's from South Korea gives me hope that it's not unnecessarily stuffed with woke like most Netflix productions.

Sadly, one of its stars, Kang Soo-yeon, died before it was released.

Back
Top Bottom