• Corpo

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Nomad

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Less than 2 days from release, and I'm still torn on what Lifepath I'm going with.

I was previously leaning towards Corpo, but, after reading a little bit about how each path starts, I think I'm leaning towards Nomad now.

So what path are you choosing?

Gonna start with each for a few hours, corpo looks more intriguing but seems its the charismatic way or with way less combat. Nomad if you want more fps in the beginning of the game haha.
ps you could add a poll

I honestly don't know which one to choose from a simply flavor point of view. But since I'd like to be exposed to Night City in a sistematic and gradual way, I think I'll start with Nomad, since I like the idea of going into it from the outside, and then exploring each area sistematically.

Speaking of Lifepaths, do you think CDPR would consider adding new Lifepaths for the expansions, besides new areas/quests? Hm, good question imo. How would they add new areas in the expansions, since it would make no sense for a new area to appear either inside the city, or around. Or maybe that's their whole plan? To make the expansions expand the story via new lifepaths and then also continue the main story?

Makes you wonder how they'll handle that. Or maybe they'll add new areas in the outland? I doubt they'd add new areas that are not close to Night City. Or, maybe they'll add content inside their virtual world? I'm curious. Anyways, didn't mean to hijack this thread for this, so maybe it might be worth having a different thread about the expansions.

Since I don't have the game yet, I didn't even know that such options exist. ;)

However usually I play all of such options in subsequent playthroughs.

I begin with the type I like best: The outcast or rebel fighting for a chaotic good case against some lawful tyrants. (E.g. fighting against the brotherhood in Fallout 4.) Which one of the options would fit best to this attitude?

Last edited:
Is nomad a GTA carracer/bikeracer wannabe?
It feels like that so I most certainly won't pick that.
Can't decide which of the other two.

I'm not worried about that.
I'm more worried about lack of any example from reviewers where doing sidequests instead of fastrun affected the main story.

I've been avoiding a lot of info, so I didn't even know what "lifepaths" were available.

I know CDPR is avoiding fixed classes in favour of something more fluid, but then again the "gun for hire" descriptions I've seen make you sound more like a Solo, and the "Corporate" and "Nomad" lifepaths are actually two of the classes from the Cyberpunk 2020 rules.

So if character development is more fluid, what do lifepaths affect? Just your starting point?

In Cyberpunk 2020 I favoured the Fixer class. Someone tough but wily, and street-savvy. So, I guess I'll go for the Street Kid lifepath.

I've been avoiding a lot of info, so I didn't even know what "lifepaths" were available.

I know CDPR is avoiding fixed classes in favour of something more fluid, but then again the "gun for hire" descriptions I've seen make you sound more like a Solo, and the "Corporate" and "Nomad" lifepaths are actually two of the classes from the Cyberpunk 2020 rules.

So if character development is more fluid, what do lifepaths affect? Just your starting point?

In Cyberpunk 2020 I favoured the Fixer class. Someone tough but wily, and street-savvy. So, I guess I'll go for the Street Kid lifepath.

Lifepath and "class" (as defined by skills and perks) are entirely independent from each other. Lifepath affects the beginning of the game, dialogue options throughout the game (we'll see how much) and missions/NPCs available to you (again, we'll see how much).

One thing that worries me about the lifepaths, is that they'll all basically follow the same general storyline. Or even worse, they' all start in different spots, and at a point converge on the same path. So I'm afraid the differences will not be very significant.

How could they not? It would be unrealistic to hope for 3 completely different main storylines in a game this size.

I think the fact that we're getting a unique prologue and different dialogue options for each path is more than enough.

I honestly don't know which one to choose from a simply flavor point of view. But since I'd like to be exposed to Night City in a sistematic and gradual way, I think I'll start with Nomad, since I like the idea of going into it from the outside, and then exploring each area sistematically.

Speaking of Lifepaths, do you think CDPR would consider adding new Lifepaths for the expansions, besides new areas/quests? Hm, good question imo. How would they add new areas in the expansions, since it would make no sense for a new area to appear either inside the city, or around. Or maybe that's their whole plan? To make the expansions expand the story via new lifepaths and then also continue the main story?

Makes you wonder how they'll handle that. Or maybe they'll add new areas in the outland? I doubt they'd add new areas that are not close to Night City. Or, maybe they'll add content inside their virtual world? I'm curious. Anyways, didn't mean to hijack this thread for this, so maybe it might be worth having a different thread about the expansions.

They could simply do one of the following:
- Sewers
- Open up buildings and multiple floors
- Open up districts which may have been artificially closed off (if that's the case)
- Have suburbs popup :D

One thing that worries me about the lifepaths, is that they'll all basically follow the same general storyline. Or even worse, they' all start in different spots, and at a point converge on the same path. So I'm afraid the differences will not be very significant.
I didn't bother yet with the game, but this feature looks like origins. I don't remind much RPG with origins, obviously DAO, now DOS2, and then there's the special case of Tyranny with the strategic prelude setting up a sort of origin for the play. But otherwise I don't remind. So it's still a very abstract concept without many references.

Origins aren't necessary about main story evolution and differences. For me this can add various aspects:
- Have more diversified first parts. For many Rpg but not a majority, I do many start, much more than full plays. Diversified starts from origins enhance a lot this discovering/first exploring phase thanks to the extra diversity during the first parts of the game.
- You can have the same main story and still have differences that means something, solving problems differently, getting different information, different events along same main story, some choices possibilities depending of origin.
- Mix the ability to choose of your main character with a main character with a real existence in the game world, past history, fleshed life and personality. I suppose that only DOS2 tried that, and don't like what they did, but I think the idea could be good, it's more DOS2 implementation of that which isn't very good, for me.

The point is it's not because the main story is the same that it's the same play of a main story. Choice and consequence can exist without generating true alternate main stories. I would even say that despite it's Tyranny for which origins influence the most the main story, it's not making its strategic prelude origins stronger than DAO origins (overall I prefer Tyranny over DAO even if I'll admit DAO is more impressive).

It's not because you don't have the game that you don't know about the option. We've all known about this for over a year.
Thanks, Captain Obvious :lol:

I prefer to get choices presented in game and to decide as a character in game, not by theoretic discussions in advance. I also don't like to discuss the ending of a book before I have read it.

Back
Top Bottom