Wildermyth - Release Date: June 15

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The party-based RPG Wildermyth will be released on June 15:

1.0 Launch on June 15

Wildermyth is coming out of Early Access!

I'm having a hard time typing this. We finally have a date.

It's been a long road for Wildermyth, and there's more to come, too, but we are now ready to call it complete. We'll be launching on June 15 with another full campaign focused on Drauven, improved Generic Campaign support, Steam Achievements, and hopefully some other fun stuff.

During launch week we'll be running a discount and we have some fun streams lined up as well.

We are incredibly thankful to everyone who played the game in early access and helped us improve it. It absolutely would not have been possible to make this game without you.

Moving forward, we hope to keep working on improving the game past 1.0. Our roadmap is here and you can see there are a few items there marked for future releases.

Much Love,
-Nate and the Wildermyth Team

More information.

This game looks very interesting and I have been keeping track of it. I didn't want to play it early and I will give it a try when it's released. People seem to love it on Steam and the reviews have been positive.

I have this and played it a few times. Really neat kind of choose your own adventure strategy game. I like how the characters change with decisions.

Been a couple years since I bought a new game. Have too big of a backlog already to really feel good about spending the money. Think this one might break the streak. Looks unique enough to hold my interest.

There seem to be so few quality games that do a full, robust party justice, so I've high hopes that this production will accomplish that very thing. I won't be ponying up money on day one, as ducats are tight, yet I will be ready and willing to read what the masses think once this one rolls out.

There seem to be so few quality games that do a full, robust party justice, so I've high hopes that this production will accomplish that very thing. I won't be ponying up money on day one, as ducats are tight, yet I will be ready and willing to read what the masses think once this one rolls out.

Be aware this isn't like Pathfinder and stuff like that....you have a party of three and they go from node to node trying to do missions at each and trying to thwart an overall plot.

During these missions you can do things that will effect the character such mutations etc...new gear and things.

It's an interesting concept. I rather enjoy the art too.

Do you have an opinion on Pathfinder? Did they do a good job on the turn-based combat?

Do you have an opinion on Pathfinder? Did they do a good job on the turn-based combat?

Pathfinder is more a grand scope game, like baldurs gate and stuff obviously this is a more budget game. I like the combat in this game as it is fairly deep and a bit different. For instance they have a mage that can attach to different items in the world to use them as powers to attack etc....it's different.

Most characters have different attacks and can acquire rare and different abilities. I haven't played this in a couple of months so some things may be new etc...you have mission goals on the over land map that change as you progress the story and investigate new map areas. Each character also has an inventory to have armor and weapons etc.

As someone playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker right now, after benching the game for I dunno, three years due to rampant bugs and annoyances, I can testify to it being a far superior game now. Yes I use the turn-based system for the most part, flicking it off when dealing with goblins, wolves, and other things better curb-stomped quickly. The combat is extremely flexible, you can flick between styles at will, to whatever suites your fancy. I think good options elevate a game!

Back
Top Bottom