Witcher 3 Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade

The Witcher 3
What's makes TW3 beautiful is the lighting. Although music + sound is a big part of the atmosphere too for me, and that includes the exaggerated wind animations.

I believe they collaborate with the HD texture modmaker. That + 4K is all I need for another playthrough. Although raytraced ambient occlusion would be nice.

The delay isn't really a surprise. They want to avoid a second disaster at all costs obviously and let the technical people make the decision when it's ready instead of the suits.

Yeah, artistically I think it's great. There were just a few things I thought were a bit off, and would like to see upgraded if we're going to get a "next gen" version. But only in the sense that if I were looking to upgrade it with mods, there's a few things I'd pick out, and the water was never really sorted out. Also some of the lighting mods made certain scenes look superb, but then affected other areas in ways that were not so good. A bit like messing around with ENBs in Skyrim. So, I'm curious to see what refinements they can bring with modern hardware targets.

I'm more interested in the new DLC then the ray tracing. Guess I'll have to replay the PC version for the sixth time whenever they finally release the free pc update.

For now use this mod it updates the graphics if you want to play the original version.

Link -https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/

I don't expect there will be anything significant as far as new DLC. Supposedly, they're going to insert a few things as an homage to the Netflix series. I'm not exactly crazy about that idea to be honest.

Weird to expect they're gonna announce the TW3 next-gen patch at such a no-name convention. Or is it not an unknown convention? Or whatever it is. So then why not just announce it earlier, or whenever they want to. But damn, November is a long way off.

It's one of my favorite series, so any kind of free upgrade is never a waste of time in my eyes. Even if it's just visual.

That said, I would love to see more than just a graphical upgrade. It would be great if they could tweak the balance a bit. I'm not holding my breath for something like that though.

I'm a big fan of (modded) Witcher 3 - and last time I played I didn't make it to Blood & Wine, so this would be ideal for a replay.

Sure it looks good, but a free upgrade that makes it look even better? Sign me up!

The game is very immersive if you use the right mods, and something like improved lighting and shadows by way of raytracing could be a relatively big improvement in that way.

I am curious as to what they can do to improve the visuals. I hope to be wowed, but I'm setting my expectations low. I really wish they would turbo-charge the visuals, and really make it take a toll on systems.

But I don't think they have a chance to get close to how RDR2 looks at max settings. I think the only thing TW3 did better than RDR2 is the faces. I remember the eyes looking really good.

What I expect will happen, or has happened, they'll try to revamp as much as possible, the lighting, the visuals, etc. It will look weird, since the whole game was not designed with that in mind. And then they'll pull back, until it looks decent. Regardless, i am curious as to how it will look.

Oh, and I just remembered that this next-gen was initially handled outside their team. So, they probably had issues with whatever that team did initially. Yeah, I don't have very high expectations.

Last year, the talk was that the update was an attempt to bring the base game up to the level of the HD Reworked project already available on Nexus plus add RT support. Who knows how it will be actually but I'm not expecting a big improvement over the current modded game.

At this point I ask myself is this remaster even necessary? It's been delayed multiple times, dropped from the past developer, and most players have finished the game already.

A remaster makes sense for the newer consoles since it would create more interest for people who don't already own it on another platform.

For PC, it's debateable. I'm not sure CDPR is going to put in the work considering that most PC players will probably expect it to be free.

At this point I ask myself is this remaster even necessary? It's been delayed multiple times, dropped from the past developer, and most players have finished the game already.
To me it's definitely not, but people seem to like this kind of release so from their standpoint ($) it's probably worth it. People bought Skyrim 10 different ways with minimal changes, if any.

Back
Top Bottom