Witcher 3 - Patch 4.01

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Witcher 3 got a new patch:

Patch 4.01 -- list of changes

Patch 4.01 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available! It improves the overall stability and performance of the game and brings various fixes.

Here's the list of changes for this update:

PC-SPECIFIC

• Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting wasn't working on PC despite being turned on. Players who had previously set their SSR setting to high may notice a performance impact.
  • Added a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination, which can be toggled by players with compatible hardware. It improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over range and precision.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY

• Battle Preparations - Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to interact with Avallac'h during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
  • Family Matters - Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri's Story: Out of the Shadows when speaking to the Bloody Baron.
  • King's Gambit - Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
  • Wine Wars: Belgaard - Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 4.00, where the quest couldn't be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
  • A Dangerous Game - The armor in Caesar's room should now change its appearance when the Alternate Nilfgaardian Armor is turned on.
  • Axii Puppet - Increased the health and damage dealt by the puppet.
  • Adrenaline Rush mutation should now work according to its description.
  • Various small fixes to quests and cutscenes.
LOCALIZATION

• Fixed various issues with Arabic localization.
  • Added the localized versions of Orianna's song "Lullaby of Woe" in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
  • Adjusted Priscilla's lip-sync animation to match her voice-over in Simplified Chinese during the song "The Wolven Storm".
Please note: these are only the most notable changes. The patch contains other minor fixes that didn't make it into this list.
More information.

Yeah a patch is good but come on this isn't a new game, and most of those fixed bugs should have been fixed years ago. Guess it's true that software is never bug free. :LOL:

Geeze, they continue to support the game with patches and improvements years after release and people find reasons to bitch about it. CRPG fans are weird. :p
Complaining is a form of small-talk. I call it "German small-talk" because my German friends do it a lot, but it applies for Americans, and any other nationality, too ;)

Last edited:
Yeah a patch is good but come on this isn't a new game, and most of those fixed bugs should have been fixed years ago. Guess it's true that software is never bug free. :LOL:
I'm guessing these bugs were introduced in the free upgrade that the game got recently (upgraded visuals etc). I doubt it's a bunch of old bugs.

Complaining is a form of small-talk. I call it "German small-talk" because my German friends do it a lot, but it applies for Americans, and any other nationality, too ;)
True but hey some people love too complain about complainers. :LOL:

What they don't realize is they are bascially doing the same thing.

I saw that as clarifying facts, not complaining. :)

About the last stealthy update, I've seen reports that it was breaking a few things, including people who could not launch the game, though I suspect that one could be due to mods. Since it's aimed at the visuals on 40 series only, I preferred not to bother with the download and update.

Last edited:
I saw that as clarifying facts, not complaining. :)
Nope I don't agree. See that's complaining as well.:cool:

See some of those bugs are definitely from the old un-patched version. Yet I'm also sure the next gen upgrade patch messed with the code as well. So both opinions are correct.

Now if that didn't clarify my compliant nothing will.

Anyway all they needed to fix was the performance and they have.

Nope I don't agree. See that's complaining as well.:cool:
That's disagreeing, not complaining.

To complain, in my dictionary: "to say that you are annoyed, unhappy or not satisfied about somebody/something".

Is this game finally playable? I knew they released an unfinished game, like 15 years ago...
That could be interpreted as complaining, though it just looks like criticizing (through sarcasm) to me.
What game are you thinking of because it certainly isn't The Witcher 3.
That's disagreeing.

So stop disagreeing and complaining at the same time. :p

I don't remember any significant problem with The Witcher 3 - the original game I mean, I haven't tried the recent updates.

So stop disagreeing and complaining at the same time.
I can't help myself it's an online addiction. :LOL:

Anyway recent studies show most of us complain more online then we do in-person. Also the written word is inferior to audio on forums it's always misunderstood. Even smiley's.

I believe you - I do it all the time! :ROFLMAO:

Though I do it a lot in-person too.

Imagine forums with audio only, what mess it would be. Wait. Perhaps it's the future of forums? Kids and adolescents seem to prefer recorded messages to written messages more often these days.

Anywho... has anyone given it a shot yet? Any notable improvement with the Performance RT mode they added?

If not, I could give it a shot for a while this weekend. I have it installed, just need to update. I have a Ryzen 5600X + RTX 3070, so I'm curious if it's improved. Before, I was only able to reach ~40-50fps at 1440p with everything cranked up, which is playable, but the random dips below that at times were not fun.

It was only 3-4GB on Steam.
Weird, maybe I was missing some previous updates. I downloaded the Complete Edition when it came out and hadn't updated it since. Not sure why it was so huge 🤷‍♂️

Alright, after playing around with it a bit, I can say with RT Performance mode I gained a solid 10-20fps on average. Floating around 70 in fields, and 40 in forests.

5600X + RTX 3070:
1440p
DLSS Performance
RT Performance
Ultra+ settings
Motion blur + Chromatic OFF

Back
Top Bottom