Witcher 3 - Patch 4.01

Geeze, they continue to support the game with patches and improvements years after release and people find reasons to bitch about it. CRPG fans are weird. :p
What they did is break the game. That kind of "support" I can do without. The Witcher 3 was a polished, relatively bug free game in 2016.

Weird, maybe I was missing some previous updates. I downloaded the Complete Edition when it came out and hadn't updated it since. Not sure why it was so huge 🤷‍♂️
It's often better compressed on Steam than on GOG. I suspect that in extreme cases like this, GOG doesn't provide a patch but entire (big) files; we've seen that several times with BG3 in the past.

It's often better compressed on Steam than on GOG. I suspect that in extreme cases like this, GOG doesn't provide a patch but entire (big) files; we've seen that several times with BG3 in the past.
Yep GOG often skips the single patch option and just re-downloads the whole game. Steam did the same thing at one point in time. The Pathfinder games are the worst.

What they did is break the game. That kind of "support" I can do without. The Witcher 3 was a polished, relatively bug free game in 2016.
How did they break the game? There's always been the option of using the older version if you were having issues with the new one.

Yep GOG often skips the single patch option and just re-downloads the whole game. Steam did the same thing at one point in time. The Pathfinder games are the worst.
Huge patches,and at a glacial download rate compared to Steam/Epic, really puts me off buying anything on GOG. I thought I was imagining it.
My Pathfinder is on Steam too and has huge patches compared to other games.

Back
Top Bottom