Witcher 3 Witcher 3 replay (mostly)

The Witcher 3

mbuddha

Sentinel
Went all out on Witcher content during our latest and current pandemic.
SPOILERS follow

Read all the books, and replayed the first game to completion (rewarding), and some of Witcher 2 (same, tried the other chapter 2 path but can't keep playing that game). Watched the show once or twice (mostly happy with it)

Onto Witcher 3. After the gameplay and graphics of the first two games in the series, both of which are not bad for the most part in relative terms, the third game is a real treat.

But I have played up to Skellige already, and remember much of my Novigrad and early Skellige adventures from the first playthrough. I thought I would play the intro material armed with the knowledge of the books (rewarding) and jump back to my current save in Skellige.

But now I'm hooked on my second playthrough and it seems worth playing through to my current progress.

I'm just at the start of the Bloody Baron saga. I felt it was a slog last time. But it's cool. Maybe I'll like it better this time. And in general the characters from the books will continue to jump out at me in new ways along the way.

How to limit the time sink and get the most out of this playthrough?

Is it a matter of ignoring the ?s

I still have to do all that Crows Perch stuff and then get to Novigrad (which I really like)

Suggestions please Watchers, thanks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't ignore the ?'s as some of those are diagrams for the Witcher gear.

How to limit the time sink and get the most out of this playthrough?

Is it a matter of ignoring the ?s

I still have to do all that Crows Perch stuff and then get to Novigrad (which I really like)

Suggestions please Watchers, thanks.

My advice is to do the side content as you come across it, but don't go out of your way for it. Same with the contracts. Don't feel as if you need to do them all. Just pick the ones that seem the most interesting to you.

I wouldn't ignore the ?'s as some of those are diagrams for the Witcher gear.
True.
Ignore ? only if it's on water - those are all trash items for grindloving people.

Solid advice, thanks.

Heard a Pulp Fiction reference (Bring out the gimp :: but he's sleeping)
And the Frank Zappa reference in a loading screen not to eat the yellow snow :D

Damn Baron is so interesting.

Skipping contracts that seem obnoxious (i.e. shrieker which I did last time anyhow)

Now I can't stop playing Gwent with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom