Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Global Progression

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Wolcen team is providing an update on the various parts of the game that are being worked on, including numerous visuals for act 2, armor tiers 5 and 6, female character armors and enemies.

Our team is currently working on the last pieces of Act II and started working on the first pieces of Act III about a month ago. Without specification about when or how you'll come to explore these environments, here are a few unfriendly places that you will explore during your adventure.

StrongholdWIP.width-800.jpg
Cemetary2.width-800.jpg
Cemetary.width-800.jpg
FLCity.width-800.jpg
More information.

Game is rivaling Star Citizen for slow development!

Still, it's definitely the prettiest out of all the Diablo clones. It's VERY pretty indeed.

As for depth and longevity, the jury is still out.

I think it has plenty of potential - but I worry the campaign is too short, and the mechanics too shallow. It's hard to say - at this stage.

There are so many games coming out in this genre, these days.

Martyr has become good, Chaosbane is shit - and Last Epoch seems interesting.

But I think the genre has moved on. Hellgate London showed the way - and now we're finally seeing the AAA industry catching on to why that game was way ahead of its time.

Is Martyr really worth trying? Since D3 Im peeking for some hacking/slashing RPG goodnes but nothing really catched my interest. I like some story in my games which is often limiting aspect in this genre. And I usually avoid early access games before the full release. Would you have recommendation?

@Andrew23;
User reviews do have picked up recently.

Myself, I'm currently only very early into the Martyr campaign. The mood and story telling of the campaign is very nice for an ARPG. The non-campaign missions seem a bit bland tho, but maybe they get better later on. For now, I'll focus on the campaign.

My main issue at this time is this: I'm playing an assassin, which means that there's a bit of movement involved in combat. I still have to get used to the controls. Movement, cover, dodging, skill usage, and controlling camera view during combat does become a bit confusing for me. I'll probably get used to it after a few more hours. But looking at games like Borderlands (even tho that's first person instead of third person view), D3, or Gim Dawn, you could easily imagine much more intuitive controls. Why do I have four buttons for dodge, instead of a single dodge button that goes into the direction of the cursor? Just one example where controls seem a bit stupid.

Overall, if you like hack&slash or ARPGs, it's certainly worth a try. And it's currently 50% off on steam.

Although, what about other competitors to D3, like Grim Dawn, or Path of Exile?

As someone who sponsored this back in the day, it has certainly taken the slow parth to release, but I'm hopeful we'll get something worth firing up soon. I'll be waiting until it's fully updated and released before diving in.

@Andrew23;
User reviews do have picked up recently.

Although, what about other competitors to D3, like Grim Dawn, or Path of Exile?

Thx a lot for input, very helpful. I think I will give Martyr try, also considering its nicely discounted right now. Warhammer setting is also stron plus for me, although Im not one of those religious fans. Hope I will like it.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile ... I was looking at both several times already. Always was put off somehow. If I well remember both are very good gameplay machanic-wise, but are not very story oriented. Maybe even more online coop-oriented? Not sure right now, its long since I was checking on them last time. Maybe I have wrong feeling about them?

Anyway, thx again :)

@Andrew23;

Why do I have four buttons for dodge, instead of a single dodge button that goes into the direction of the cursor? Just one example where controls seem a bit stupid.

By the way, Im just setting-up the game to play and I noticed in gameplay settings checkbox named "dodge to cursor", which should - according to description - do exactly what you wish for in this case. So I hope it will help you enjoy it even more :)

By the way, Im just setting-up the game to play and I noticed in gameplay settings checkbox named "dodge to cursor", which should - according to description - do exactly what you wish for in this case. So I hope it will help you enjoy it even more :)

Ah, yes. That works, thanks. :D

Thx a lot for input, very helpful. I think I will give Martyr try, also considering its nicely discounted right now. Warhammer setting is also stron plus for me, although Im not one of those religious fans. Hope I will like it.

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile … I was looking at both several times already. Always was put off somehow. If I well remember both are very good gameplay machanic-wise, but are not very story oriented. Maybe even more online coop-oriented? Not sure right now, its long since I was checking on them last time. Maybe I have wrong feeling about them?

Anyway, thx again :)

Hmmm Grim dawn is pretty story oriented....for an action rpg, much like diablo.

Back
Top Bottom