World Cup 2022 - Qatar

From my experience, when two teams of similar quality meet in the finals it always ends up being a quite cautious and a little bit boring game and I thought this one would be like that as well. I'm glad I was wrong. I started the match as a neutral but when Argentina scored the second I started rooting for France just so they would make a comeback and they thankfully did. Mbappe was nowhere for 75 minutes and then he just woke up and showed why he is so highly regarded. Big props to him for taking the first penalty in the shootout, it shows how mentally strong he is as well.

In the end, Argentina won fairly, Messi got his crowning achievement, and we got to watch one of the greatest games of football. This match will be talked about for decades.

I agree that it's one of the best bouts of football of all time, and that Argentina won fair and square. It's set quite the bar for the next tournament, that's for certain.

The Netherlands needs to qualify in 2026. I will travel to watch them play. The US team will have enough support; I imagine those will be high-priced tickets.
With more teams in the 2026 World Cup, I think 48, qualifying shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:
Nice to see some of the future games won't be too far from my immediate area! The 2026 series will have a hard time matching what we saw this time around, yet I suspect it won't be boring.

'Salt Bae' invaded the pitch to snog the World Cup, and Messi blanked him. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom