World Cup 2022 - Qatar

Talking about politics: Iran vs USA. Who is looking forward? :LOL:

Or Wales vs England, for that matter...

The end of Spain - Germany was great! So many close calls. Just a few centimetres and the result could have been different :) Good football.

Talking about politics: Iran vs USA. Who is looking forward? :LOL:

Or Wales vs England, for that matter...
Wales vs England is a bit of a dud. They need to win by 4 goals to get through. England has to put a League 2 team to lose that by so much.

Iran vs USA though is a different matter as it's essentially an elimination match. So I think that's going to have a lot of promise as a match.

The end of Spain - Germany was great! So many close calls. Just a few centimetres and the result could have been different :) Good football.
I feel like overall Spain was the better team, they made a few mistakes which cost them dearly, but they dominated the game overall in my opinion.

As expected many boring matches, except for a few big names like Brazil, Spain or Germany, most of the teams played for a 0-0; for instance at wc 2018 just one 0-0 was now already half a dozen. I feel sorry for Canada, they played very very well in both matches and especially with Belgium, i think they had like 25-30 shots in that match. I was surrpised when they won the concacaf qualifyers but after seeing their matches it was deserved.
edit seems today's matches want to prove something else :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Korea lost to Ghana... yep, pretty much exiting World Cup now :(

For the 1st time, Brazil beat Switzerland in a World Cup match. Before, in two matches we had two ties (1950 = 2 x 2, 2018 = 1 x 1).
I didn't like both Brazil's two 1st halves in this World Cup (vs Serbia, vs Switzerland). I just think if Switzerland had a better striker, things could get more difficult to us yesterday. Brazil's performance against better National teams in this WC still remains to be seen.

Last edited:
USA 1-0 Iran. That was enjoyable until the final ten minutes. My two favorite teams are playing in the round of 16. I think the Netherlands will win but it's nice seeing the USA getting out of the group stage. Not sure who I'll root for.

Yeah, I was expecting USA and England to go through. England again showed they can be very dangerous at times, but you never know what you're going to get. I'd love to see a high-scoring battle with one of the stronger teams.

Nod, several of the final teams just barely squeaked in and will seriously have to improve to go the distance. Of course, some eliminations must occur, and the writing is on the wall for a few of those squads already.

Yes, it's all a question of form on the day. It's a game of two halves. The best team on the day will surely win, but by how many goals is anyone's guess. I suspect a few will go to penalties, always very dramatic is that.

Argentina qualified meh, even worse with Poland and their disgusting antifootball style
I watched Mexico-Arabia, 2nd half was insane, Mexico had like 15 clear chances, they needed a 3-0 or 3-1

I notice no-one has mentioned Australia!!!! What, no love for everyone's favourite country (other than their own)?? :)

I notice no-one has mentioned Australia!!!! What, no love for everyone's favourite country (other than their own)?? :)
My main thought about Australia is that this tournament should probably have been yours, if Qatar hadn't been quite so generous to FIFA officials. Put together a very good bid at the time, with Hugh Jackman and everything. You was robbed, I say.

All that recent drama regarding the age of players (and possibly something else) in the Belgian National football team culminated today in the team's elimination from FIFA World Cup :(
I don't harbor a sweet feeling of revenge for the elimination of Brazil in 2018 by the Belgians. In fact I like the football played by the Reds, in some respects it's quite similiar to our. But the recent crisis that the players themselves triggered, I believe the result could not be different.
Sorry for Belgium prematurely going out of this World Cup, @Pladio :( I honestly like the Belgian team.

Last edited:
Well, I've put my flag, patriotic bucket hat and "How to Do The Football" book away for another 50 years or so as Wales were eliminated. Handicapped by utter surprise at being there in the first place I think :)

How Belgium didn't score in the second half is anyone's guess. They had about four wide-open chances.
I would love to see Australia keep advancing. They almost didn't qualify and are now in the round of 16.

Back
Top Bottom