World Cup 2022 - Qatar

I don't have a link, I received an image in my WhatsApp account. It was a photo from the side, not from above as yours.
Anyway, I read the rules and you're right: if a projection of the ball's circumference touches the line, even slightly, it isn't entirely out of the field, and therefore, it's still in play. I suppose it's a rule a bit different from Tennis.
Many years ago, when I played volleyball, I was also a referee. Back then the ball had to touch the lines to be inside the playfield. Lots of things have changed in volleyball, so I don't know if that still applies.

pibbuR who, quoting Pink Floyd, is on the outside looking in.

PS. According to https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-callisto-protocol-review, the game runs fine on a Playstation 5, but terribly on the PC. DS

Last edited:
Nice to see SKorea in the 1/8s, too bad they will meet Japan in the qfs if by some miracle get past Brazil and Croatia; a final between those 2 would have been the bomb :ROFLMAO:
ps if Brazil doesnt win today, no group winner with full pts at this edition, just shows how well played the small teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brasil's B-team isn't that good, but I already knew that. In the end, the biggest lesson we should take from this defeat to Cameroon is that Brasil have to open its eyes to what is happening in the World Cup 2022: there is no winner in advance.

Last edited:
What are we expecting out of USA vs Netherlands tomorrow? Oddsmakers have the U.S. as underdogs which isn't surprising.
Underdogs yes, but I reckon the USA team is better than some think. I think they look pretty solid, and though it made for a boring game, they definitely gave us problems.

Last edited:
With VAR and the new GPS/force sensor in the ball, I personally didn't feel the need for a picture. Good or bad, a lot of the ambiguity has been stripped from football with this technology. Take, for instance, this offsides call on Croatia :rolleyes::
wzba65cx0b3a1.png

Little by little, the magic of the game is being supplanted by 1s and 0s. But what you don't have is conspiracy theories.
I just thought in the Japan case it would have really helped to immediatey show the clear overhead picture, or the graphical simulation like that one, from whatever data they've collected. I think by not doing that promptly, there was definitely space for conspiracy talk to get going.

You get old-fashioned eccentric calls by the ref in some cases, even with VAR. I thought the penalty awarded against Poland was a bad decision, where the keeper brushed some eyelashes with his glove while going for the ball, and he went down like a sack of spuds.

Last edited:
Wth Korea made it through OMG!!!! :D

USA lost to the Netherlands. ^^

Netherlands 2, United States 1.

Not a surprise and this will be my only reply as I prefer the NFL.

USA lost to the Netherlands. ^^

Netherlands 2, United States 1.

Not a surprise and this will be my only reply as I prefer the NFL.
I think it ended up as 3-1 but yeah :)

Netherlands played better, although highly defensive football.

Well, we won again, but I think the 3-0 scoreline is a bit misleading. Could easily have been a lot closer. We'll need to play better than that to get past France.

A juicy Quarter-Final between France and England to look forward to. On the whole VAR thing I find that this:-
skysports-jesse-lingard-offside_4939180.jpg

is more trustworthy than this:-
Dcm3oQf-4_1290x760__1.jpg

This world cup version is computer generated which will always allow for suspicion.

A juicy Quarter-Final between France and England to look forward to. On the whole VAR thing I find that this:-
skysports-jesse-lingard-offside_4939180.jpg

is more trustworthy than this:-
Dcm3oQf-4_1290x760__1.jpg

This world cup version is computer generated which will always allow for suspicion.
The problem with the first image is that it is slightly diagonal view so you don't get the full picture.

Aye, that's a great game to look forward to, hopefully it'll be a classic. Right now we've a fine one to enjoy, as Croatia and Japan are going toe to toe!!~

No surprises so far in the 1/8s, i am a bit surprised :LOL: . Maybe today with Portugal going home but i wouldnt say would be a surprise since they were meh so far and CR7 a ghost. The QFs though should be total shows.

@purpleblob South Korea had a kind of "black-out' in the first 15 mins of yesterday's match and made things easier to Brasil. I sympathize with both Japan and South Korea national football teams, sorry to see them go (in case of Korea sadly there was not another way: it was Brasil or them) :(

Back
Top Bottom