World of Anterra - Kickstarter successful

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The open-world RPG World of Anterra has been funded on Kickstarter. With 5 days to go several stretch goals have been reached:

World of Anterra

Inspired by modern and classic games, World of Anterra is a highly interactive, nonlinear, open world RPG. The game features an endlessly explorable open world, deep progression systems, fast paced combat, and rich lore, all wrapped in a satisfying and accessible interface. It's the type of game only an independent studio could make!

Features

• A diverse and living world. Explore a vast world with oceans, continents, regions, castles and towns, mountains, caves and dungeons. Anterra is full of life, from little insects to hulking creatures. NPCs live out their lives following daily routines, while also responding dynamically to events in the world, as well as the player. World of Anterra is built to be explored freely and at your own pace.
  • Deep and inspiring non-linear story. The story and quests follow non-linear, divergent paths, so you can go where you want and talk to whomever you'd like. Your story will unfold naturally, based on the paths you choose to follow.
  • Conversational dialogue. A unique way to converse with NPCs that allows players to have a more conversational experience with every character in the game. We ditched the overly wordy, linear dialogue experiences of modern games and designed a completely new, retro-inspired system.
  • Fast and fluid party-based combat. Leveraging our vast experience across many genres of gaming, including casual and social games, combat is designed to be fun no matter how many hours you put in, with streamlined UI and engaging feedback.
  • Satisfying and accessible user interface. Our design skills really shine here! We have designed an interface with the least amount of "UI" and words as possible. Instead of menus and lists, we leveraged true-to-our-world items and intuitive icons to create a wonderful user experience. Our interface is so much fun, it could be a game on its own!

More information.

Gratis.
I wish titles would narrow down complexity. Crafting /cooking is unstimulating imo

Every time I see this title I'm reminded of the sequel to Betrayal at Krondor, though the spelling might be different. I'm not very keen on what they speak about concerning the "fast and fluid" combat.

But they do at least aspire to superior design, that's something.

I don't kickstart much but this one looks like I would enjoy it. I'm sold on continents, oceans, NPC routines and general Ultimaness. There's mention of a physical copy (for consoles apparently?) Last time I sought a hard copy / map I was burned - Realms Beyond - I didn't even get access to the demo. $60 wasted.

Anyways whatever physical option for the game isn't in any of the tiers so I'll jump in on one of the lower tiers, unless someone can shed some light on what they might be offering regarding that.

Some of that does sound quite good. Can someone confirm whether this is an RPGMaker game or does it just look similar graphically?

Some of that does sound quite good. Can someone confirm whether this is an RPGMaker game or does it just look similar graphically?
Late reply, but it's using Unity.

Overlooked this news post originally, but just looked into the game because of @Gwydden's mention of it in another thread. Looks potentially good, have to keep an eye on this.

Back
Top Bottom