World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

D

Deleted member 18181

if anyone still plays this :biggrin:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/u6m8zx/world_of_warcraft_dragonflight_details_leak/

1. New playable humanoid draconic race called the “Dracthyr”. They are neutral at the start like Pandaren
  2. New playable class called “Evoker” (this was also blacklisted as a name of a class in character creation in TBC)
  3. Classic style talent trees are returning, but with 2 columns rather than 3
  4. Dragonflight will release in November 2022
  5. Wrath of the Lich King Classic will release in September 2022 :excited:

Official announcement in a couple of hours anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems the leak was pretty accurate. I'll be giving it a pop.

The skill tree revamp sounds like the best news. Ever since they went from the awesome skill trees of old, to this shitty pick-one-out-of-3-talents grid I've been questioning who the hell came up with that shitty idea. They basically took the shitty skill UI from Diablo 3, where I also hated it. Good thing they came to their senses.

Anyway, not that it really matters for me. Haven't played WoW in 10+ year. Likely more.

I'm almost three years away from my 12 year WoW habit and I don't miss it. I had a lot of fun times, met people in real life, hosted guild meets at our house but eventually people drift. I had no interest to play classic but others did. Husband played the last expansion but the social side was nil and doing a party dungeon was just a toxic meaningless speed race.

The Ukrainian person we've offered to host as a refugee here in UK, I met through WoW. We've been friends for 12 years but never met irl, but I consider her a friend. The young friend we lost to Covid last year, I met her through WoW. Looking through old screenshots made me tearful, the real laughs we had.

The dull skill tree wasn't helped by every class having the same abilities, everyone had a stun, a speed buff, a heal etc and raiding was no longer a fascinating puzzle of making up the right team. I lost track of the lore & story around year six.

Would I play again? I dunno, probably not. I prefer my gaming solitude these days.

I also have fond memories of WoW but those days are far behind me now.

I briefly returned to WoW earlier this year(?) as soon as I saw that blood elves can now have blue eyes lol. Then I stopped playing as I got bored quickly (very busy with ESO housing right now lol)

I'm thinking of going back to WoW as soon as my 3 month ESO subscription runs out because hubby seems to be enjoying WoW atm and he is thinking about playing the new expansion. We wouldn't join guild or go for hardcore raiding etc. I will enjoy some transmog aspect of the game and hubby will enjoy mindless fun of LFR while listening to podcasts.

I love and hate that new skill tree. I love that there are more builds you can do, I hate that it is restrictive and you have to go down a set pat to get the best skills.

seems they are really begging for new players lol

Back
Top Bottom