WotR WotR main class

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
Firing up first play thru of Pathfinder WotR

Interested in thoughts on good main character option, taking the following into consideration:

Fit with story, including alignment choice - seems like this game is geared towards a good aligned, divide, demon killer type

Fit with other companions - i.e. the best companion is X, so maybe don't make your main also X

Mounted / pet vs. none - I read some stuff that mounts might not work so great. Does your pet / mount take up a character spot on the roster? Or can you have in addition?

My gut right now is leaning towards a Hunter, either Divine Hunter or Divine Hound.

Also one other question...general feedback on turn based vs. RTwP. I played Kingmaker RTwP but that was mainly because they didn't have that mod available when I played. I'm leaning towards turn based for this one.

Thanks!

They've done very well to allow for any alignment in the game and any character type.

The game isn't geared towards being good or evil. It has all options even neutral.

In terms of character build, a pet or mount doesn't count to the limit so you can pic whichever you want.

I think that if you play rtwp then it doesn't have any issues I know but I may be wrong. In turn based charge didn't work correctly. So that's a bummer for damage based mounted classes.

In short make the build you want without thinking of the story in advance and more the type of character you want to play.

I played as a chaotic good who became neutral lawful :)

One mistake I made was in having a main character who used elemental damage. You'll fight a ton of demons that are resistant to elemental damage (until later on, when you can take feats to make those abilities useful).

I vastly preferred turn based combat in this game. I only used real time occasionally for mobs.

There's good companion variety, so there's not a huge issue with overlap. I would bet that most players use Seelah, at least, so maybe don't play as a paladin.

Thanks for the comments. I'll just have to pick one I like and go for it. I find myself just messing around in character creation for hours and not being able to decide!! At some point I actually need to start playing the game :)

Thanks for the comments. I'll just have to pick one I like and go for it. I find myself just messing around in character creation for hours and not being able to decide!! At some point I actually need to start playing the game :)

Yes, from the ones I've played (and I forgot the exact names), I most enjoyed archers with some spells, barbarians or alchemists.

I liked the archer with spells since it gives a bit of variety to the fight.
Barbarian as I liked the rage mechanic.
Alchemist as it's a pure killing machine after a few levels.

If you want one that fits the setting, go with Crusader and then Angel path. Normally, their lack of spells is a big issue, but in WotR you can get access to a lot of extra spells via Mythic stuff. Through a merged Angel spellbook, the power is immense.

Oracles also work if you prefer spontaneous casting.

If you want one that fits the setting, go with Crusader and then Angel path. Normally, their lack of spells is a big issue, but in WotR you can get access to a lot of extra spells via Mythic stuff. Through a merged Angel spellbook, the power is immense.

Oracles also work if you prefer spontaneous casting.
Not to be a party pooper but I feel the setting allows for much more than a goody two shoes based on how the story develops.

So unless you want to play as a crusader, I would really say don't.

The game is really good at giving you options.

Not to be a party pooper but I feel the setting allows for much more than a goody two shoes based on how the story develops.

So unless you want to play as a crusader, I would really say don't.

The game is really good at giving you options.

True, but he specifically said:
Fit with story, including alignment choice - seems like this game is geared towards a good aligned, divide, demon killer type
Crusader fits the bill perfectly, and is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) option available.

There are some Lich builds available that are of similar strength, and also the pure caster Oracle/Angel build, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom