WoW - trial of style posts

P

purpleblob

So, as I mentioned in this thread (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139&page=486), I had blast showing off my outfits to 5 competitors per scenario and decided to post a few 1st place transmogs that I am proud of :)

All images are posted here: http://imgur.com/a/0tPNL

Theme - Champions of the Light
HHTC78j.jpg

Theme - Epic Purple
cKACMmW.jpg

Theme - Everyday Heroes
hAylo2T.jpg

Theme - Faction Pride
DypxYcZ.jpg

Theme - Freestyle (do whatever you like, so I showed off my PvE transmog)
yFx7Jmp.jpg

Theme - Freestyle (do whatever you like, so I showed off my Dalaran mage transmog)
g08tv4Z.jpg

Theme - Freestyle (do whatever you like, so I showed off my Fire & Ice mage transmog)
xgsn6Ot.jpg

Theme - Fun & Flirty
CWTJn69.jpg

Theme - Ready for Battle
pSUIUHv.jpg

I don't play WoW but them characters look sweet blobby. Flower arrangement skills come in handy eh? :p

I've been collecting "pretty outfits" way before the whole transmog thing was introduced. To be honest, it was the one of the biggest reason I kept on going back to WoW (I like their outfit designs!) and was so glad when I finally got a reason to show off my transmog varieties XD

Speaking of flowers.. I need to get back into it now that spring is so close!

Not getting it...is this some kind of mini game? I usually let all my chars run around naked.
Free as they are meant to be. :)

Yes, it is kind of mini game :p Like, show off your best transmog skill using the items you collected throughout your WoW career :p

I LOVE IT. So sad it is over and I have to wait another whole year :(

Who decide what is best? Other people vote on it? You get prizes etc?

Yes, your competitors judge you. So 6 players are in one group, given 2 minutes to sort the transmog as per the given theme in the instance. Once the timer is up, 2 players get teleported to stage at a time for other 4 players to pick better dressed of the two on the stage. Rinse and repeat for 10 rounds or something. At the end whoever gets the most vote wins.

Its really silly tho. Some ppl choose most ridiculous looking one (completely out of theme) while some choose most slutty looking one. I really just enjoyed chance to show off my premade mogs or scrambling through my wardrobe to match the theme but for some it was all about winning - some ppl raged and left after looking at the theme (e.g. tabard time, ppl yell out "fuck this shit, I don't have a tabard, bs, who carries around a fucking tabard?) or when they lose yell out "this shit is rigged" or "you guys all have fucking shit taste".

I had a good laugh at them too. Its not like the reward is great. You get this special coins to buy "trial of style" specific mog which turned out to be recolour of old tier set. Btw everyone wins coin, whether you lose or not, just less at a time. The only perk of coming first is, you get to buy a shirt that gives you a buff "stylish" lol.

What is a "transmog" ?

Change the Appearance of your new found Armor to one of your old ones from your inventory or bank.

Ah, okay.

Nice!

Personally, I still run my old Marshal set from vanilla as my transmog. Boring, but still cool.

I never really found anything cooler than Bloodfang ;)

Honestly, for a game as big and varied as WoW - I think the vast majority of their armor designs are downright terrible.

Yeah, WoW armour designs been disappointing since WotLK but I still like them the most out of MMOs. Also, BC armour designs are the best! :p

The one before the last looks hottest, definitely. :)

Back
Top Bottom