XenForo forums: Tips, Tricks & Questions

This doesn't do anything for me? The rest are interesting, though it's debatable whether really useful.
It seems to be lowercase m, actually (I copied that from their forums), and pressing it twice opens the account details. Not the most useful one, I agree. I'll probably use ",", "." and "/" though, I'm usually avoiding to use the mouse for simple things if I can.

You're right, I've seen Shift+Enter (or Alt+Enter) for line break in other editors when Enter meant something else, like Excel. I welcome the extra functionality, and splitting quotes with Enter is very useful, I used to copy the quote BB code all the time in the "old Watch". :)

I noticed the last few days that the ".../unread" was not working all the time, and sometimes lead to the first post of the thread instead of the first unread one.

At first I thought it was only old threads from the previous server that I hadn't visited yet, but apparently not. For instance I've just had this with Personal things you don't need to know that I visited a few weeks ago (last post before the update was July 31st).

Funny thing, after reading the last posts, the link works again!

Was there an update or a move that reset users' last visited posts in some threads only? And anyone else noticed that too?

Strange. I just had this again with the "I just bought" thread:

https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/the-i-just-bought-thread.9054/unread

The URL that is displayed after clicking on the URL is the bare one:

https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/the-i-just-bought-thread.9054/

Again, if I add "/unread", so normally equivalent to what I just clicked on, it goes as expected on the first new post (which was the last one).

EDIT: not always though. I checked a few more threads and I had the same problem with
- Political and politically incorrect humor
- A Thought

but in both case, adding "/unread" redirected to the bare URL, same as clicking on it the first time. Once I go manually to the last post, and if reload the bare URL, if I add "/unread", then it finally goes at the end as expected.

I don't know what's going on but there's definitely a problem.

EDIT: another test after deleting the famous cookies and logging in again, same problem as the 2 previous ones with The Kitchen Drawer

Last edited:
Try seeing if it happens with your addons disabled too (in Firefox, Help/Troubleshoot Mode). Also try logging out and back in.

If I hit https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/the-i-just-bought-thread.9054/unread , it consistently displays and links the last post for me: https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/the-i-just-bought-thread.9054/page-56#post-1061694891

Same with the others.

But naturally, this will depend on whether you've actually scrolled down to the bottom of the last post on the last page.

I realize it's the wrong thread for this, sorry :confused:
Try seeing if it happens with your addons disabled too (in Firefox, Help/Troubleshoot Mode). Also try logging out and back in.
I did both, and it doesn't change anything. I had the same again with this thread:
The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I'll try to make 'all forum read' later. Maybe there's too much thread tracking info in my row.

A quick search shows me similar reports for XF (example - although that may be the other bug I reported with wrong anchors on the same page).

Is there a way to adjust the page so there isn't so much empty space on the sides? I never really noticed it before, but I just switched to a larger monitor, and it feels like RPGWatch is too compressed in the middle of the screen. Am I missing something here?

RPGWatch.jpg

Is there a way to adjust the page so there isn't so much empty space on the sides? I never really noticed it before, but I just switched to a larger monitor, and it feels like RPGWatch is too compressed in the middle of the screen. Am I missing something here?

View attachment 4667
On the front news page (as in your screenshot), no. But on the forums, yes, you need to change your style to one of the ones with "Fluid" in the name. Click on the "style chooser" at the bottom left of the screen.

The site layout needs a complete re-do to bring it in line with modern standards, it's on the to-do. It'll probably remain fixed width as that makes for easier reading and a more consistent user experience and content structuring, but the width will certainly be expanded.

Perhaps I'm suffering from brain-lag but I just can't find a way to edit my profile, especially the sig. Help?

Perhaps I'm suffering from brain-lag but I just can't find a way to edit my profile, especially the sig. Help?
Click on your account icon in the very top of the forum with your username. A box opens up and click the signature option. Then just type what you want, and click save.

The site layout needs a complete re-do to bring it in line with modern standards, it's on the to-do. It'll probably remain fixed width as that makes for easier reading and a more consistent user experience and content structuring, but the width will certainly be expanded.
Well, I like it as it is now.
I remember very well completely dropping out of the SWTOR forums because they were "too new" for me after an update. I just didn't understand things anymore. Maybe I'm simply too conservative for that. :D ;)

I'm really fine with the style for the most part, there's little that needs changing there design-wise IMO as it's a very clean and simple layout. It's just the underlying code and the flexibility that's required today for a layout to function well on a slew of different devices that's missing. That and accounting for higher monitor resolutions and a few other adjustments. It certainly should still feel very similar to the current one, though.

The site has been very slow for me at times during the last few days. Sometimes taking 10-20 seconds after clicking a link. It's sporadic though.

The site has been very slow for me at times during the last few days. Sometimes taking 10-20 seconds after clicking a link. It's sporadic though.
Once you donate , they slow down the website so you can donate more to fix it :p

I haven't noticed anything on my end, but usually if it's something that's affecting more than one user it becomes apparent sooner or later, so I'll keep any eye out.

Back
Top Bottom