Zoria: Age of Shattering - Kickstarter: 50% achieved

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter for Zoria: Age of Shattering has passed the 50% mark:

Secret goal has been achieved! - What does it mean?

Hey everyone!

Congratulations! The secret goal of 50% has been achieved; let us present you with the reward!

Brand new class - Nightwardens

Nightwarden will be available to join your team - they will bring new skills and possibilities in combat!

Let's sink into the lore:

The world of Zoria is, while full of magic and wonder, also full of dark nightmares and horrible, unnatural things. It is, therefore, quite understandable that some of those who have experienced the horrors of Zoria's darkness and have stood face to face with monsters, demons, and the undead, now seek a way to make sense of this dreadful world they find themselves in and somehow cast some light into the darkness. And that is how the Torchbearers of Miedden, a semi-religious order, came to be.

While not outright worshiping any deity, the Torchbearers hold to a creed that mixes the teachings of Athy and Amaldir and considers themselves heralds of balance and the natural order. Anything outside what they believe to be "natural" must be exterminated. That isn't to say that the Torchbearers are a military order either. Most of their activity revolves around bringing solace to those that have suffered at the hands of monsters and the people who make use of them. However, the Torchbearers are most famous due to the very small and well-trained group of warriors serving them: the legendary Nightwardens.

Masters of weapons and alchemy, the Nightwardens travel the roads of Uram, usually under cover of darkness, and seek out humane and otherwise monsters. Armed with serrated blades and lethal one-handed crossbows, Nightwardens hunt and execute their prey without mercy and care little about honorable combat, employing, when needed, even deadly alchemical bombs that choke, maim and burn. But fearsome, Nightwardens are often seen as good omens passing through villages and small towns. It is customary in remote settlements around Elion, especially those bordering forests, that mothers say to their children, Nightwardens watch over you when they put them to bed.

Nightwardens perform their hunts for free, as they believe it is their duty above all else, relying on the fat coffers of the Torchbearers for their day-to-day costs. Some of them, however, offer their skills up for hire and act as mercenaries when their interests align with their employers.

We're already super excited about the new class; seeing it in action is just a pleasure.

Almost $20 000 has been raised, and we're not stopping; more updates are coming soon! Once again, thank you for your investment in the project; we can't express how grateful we are for your support!

Cheers,

Team Zoria
More information.

Shameless plug time don't forget to read the interview on-site with the developer. :biggrin:

It looks interesting, but, based on the funding requested, this just looks like a form of advertising.

It looks interesting, but, based on the funding requested, this just looks like a form of advertising.
It is. They said already the game will be released no matter what. This is a way for them to gauge interest and get some extra things in they want to do but may not have the funds to do fully.

Edit: Okay, after reading Pladio's comment(we posted at the same time) I now understand, the game gets released no matter the results of the campaign so now a "secret 50% goal" makes sense.

Original post: I might be reading this wrong or missing something but, if it's an "All or nothing" campaign how can there be a "50% goal"? How can it be a "new class" if it would only see the light of day upon the campaign being sucessful?

Last edited:
It's the same method used by Larian so I don't see the problem. It's a way to get the game more intrest and more funds to expand other areas. It's a Win-Win in my book.

It's the same method used by Larian so I don't see the problem. It's a way to get the game more intrest and more funds to expand other areas. It's a Win-Win in my book.
I think the problem with this is that KS is no longer what it was for games and if they reach 95% of their target, what does that tell them ? Is it that it isn't going to sell well once released ?
Is it that KS just isn't a thing anymore ? etc. ?

I feel like KS is no longer the right platform as it is a lot of work and nowadays just doesn't work as well anymore unless you have a media machine working for you.

True and yes Kickstarter is no longer what it used to be years back. Actually that's true of all crowdfunding sites. Look by Obsidian and InXile they were bought by MS now.

They ditched crowdfunding and nowadays I don't see any million dollar blockbusters.

I miss what I dubbed the golden age of crowdfunding, but it's long gone nowadays.:'(

There's still a playable demo on Steam if you want to try it.
I tried it yesterday. First encounter I had was at a windmill. Three opponents showed up that totally decimated my party, and I was unable to take down even one of them. Promptly uninstalled the game after that.

It's not quite the same: Larian set an ambitious $500,000 goal and got two million. These guys are asking for beer money.

Most of the KS video shows boring combat against a very bland & unawesome looking Giant Crab.. WTF???

One new update with $21,870 of the $34,893 goal made with 14 days left.

Update #18 was posted but the goal is still relatively the same.

Back
Top Bottom