Jinx: Womb of Cosmos - All News
Saturday - October 01, 2016
Jinx: Womb of Cosmos - The Ancient Forge
Rjshae spotted some nice screenshots and artwork for on Jinx: Womb of Cosmos ModDB - look here.
Tuesday - March 22, 2016
Jinx: Womb of Cosmos - Announced
Jinxsoft annouced a new epic fantasy RPG today: Jinx: Womb of Cosmos
Greetings and salutations!
The development team of Jinx: Womb of Cosmos would like to make an announcement:
The star-crossed group of heroes including Jinx, the mysterious masked Etherweaver (that's a spellcaster), Colleen, the Ursidae (that's a panda) beastwoman bodyguard, and Blood, the grumpy but poetic (that's his imagination) bulldog, are ecstatic to reveal that their journey's end grows nearer and nearer, and they would like to respectfully point out a few helpful points that may capture your interest.
- Jinx: Womb of Cosmos is an epic Gothic fantasy RPG that will be available as an Early Access game on Steam (Win/Mac/Linux) and GoG on mid-December 2016.
- The Early Access will consist of 5 phases, each of them adding 3-5 new areas, while most of the core mechanics will be available during Phase One.
- The price range for the Early Access will be €16-22.
- The price range for the full game will be €26-32.
- Our plans are to port to Xbox One and PS4 during the first two phases of Early Access.
- Our website, www.jinxrealm.com, will be online starting this Thursday, 24 of March, along with its forum and Kyuval's Archives, its dedicated wiki named after our God of Knowledge.
- A Kickstarter campaign will be launched mid-September.
- Our first combat gameplay demo will be available during summer, via our website and our page in IndieDB (http://www.indiedb.com/games/jinx-womb-of-cosmos).
- We have been working on a comic and a book containing short stories from the Jinx universe. Both of them will become available via Amazon mid-summer.
- We are planning to release the first pages of the comic for free during the next couple of months.
An amalgam of the 8/16 bit nostalgia of turn based rpgs like FF, Breath of Fire, Phantasy star (and other) combined with the graphic style of titles like Neverwinter Nights, a challenging combat system and an intense story driven gameplay!
- Challenging Turn-Based combat
Do not expect to spam click through your battles. Even apparently trivial opponents can prove deadly.
- A unique trio of heroes
A cursed mute Elementalist, a vegetarian Bulldog with an obsession for poetry and a beastwoman bodyguard on her path to atonement...
- Compelling story line
There is no prophecy, there are no written destinies, you don't need to save the world. You are as important as your actions suggest.
- 200+ Skills & Abilities
Customize your heroes as you see fit by choosing from a plethora of abilities spanning over 13 different ability groups plus numerous unique weapon powers.
- No loot based gameplay
Why would you let go of your ancestral weapon to get a +1 one? There are many more techniques to unlock as you master it...of course, there are always trinkets to find that will adore that ancestral mace, or trophies to collect from those hard-won victories...
- World exploration & treasure hunting
Explore beautiful locations and discover those obvious or hidden details that will bring you one step closer to self-awareness and perfection
- Hard dungeon delving full of traps & secrets
If you expect a-stroll-through-the-park dungeons then you are in for a big surprise. Traps of all kinds and secret passages are everywhere....well almost everywhere.
- Non-linear quest lines & journal
There is no quest marker on the map. Your journal is your most valuable ally.
- Two different level progressions
Acquire combat experience from challenging battles to perfect your fighting technique, and gather lore from exploring locales, talking to wise men, studying tomes of knowledge, or taking the risk to observe a wild beast while it's trying to chew on your friends..
- Your Own Castle
Delve in Castle Sin, a gloomy, almost abandoned stronghold that you will need to restore and use efficiently in order to survive the harsh environments and harsher circumstances. Restock your supplies, craft items or indulge yourselves in not-so-meaningless chit-chat with your undead servants and your homunculus butler.