Realms of Arkania II: Startrail HD - All News
Monday - July 19, 2021
Startrail HD - Version 1.10
Khayyin spotted an update for Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD:
Hello knights of fortune and adventurers of Aventuria!
We bring glad tidings from occupied Lowangen! After orcs had pushed back our scouts in skirmishes again and again, the first caravans with new relief goods have finally arrived. The Svellt Valley has been rebuilt and repaired many times over, and you, dear adventurers, may now feast on what the peoples of Aventuria have given you.
Many thanks to community supporter Martin Wunderlich, he has tirelessly built improvements in mod form and made this patch possible with his unparalleled perseverance. Also many thanks to CaptainKidd (lunatic) for the feature video and many more!
Well, let these things be proclaimed:
[big feature and fixed bugs list]
Thursday - August 10, 2017
Startrail HD - Released
Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD has been released today:
Version 1.0 - and we are out of Early Access
Hail to the twelve,
after almost exactly nine months in Early Access, we are leaving EA and go into Release as of today. As a little thank you for all of our wonderful Early Access Supporters, the Digital Deluxe DLC is automatically included for all Buyers so far. It includes additional recipes, an alternate starting party with Aventurian Legends, beautiful city maps of Lowangen and Tiefhusen as well as the remastered Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC formats.
Thank you all for supporting us, it was a wonderful journey so far, and we are looking forward to all the goodness to come!
Crafty and Alpha Development Team
Sunday - July 30, 2017
Startrail HD - Version 0.95 released
The Early Access version 0.95 of Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD has been released:
Hail to the twelve!
This Update was all about "Sound": Actions in the inventory and out of it result in "audible Feedback", footsteps change their tone when stepping on a different underground, torches sizzle audible in Dungeons, water drips in caves and flows on fountains. We also included reworked spells, elfs now have their own "elfish representation" of the according formula. Combat also sounds a lot more lively, even though it isn't completely done yet, there is more to come! In Detail:General
- The heroes now give audible comments in certain situations (e.g., injured, becoming leader)
- All doors in dungeons now have soundeffects
- Soundeffects added to inventory actions (e.g. eat, equip and drop)
- Warriors and Dwarfs now get a bonus on encumberance ("armor familiarity")
- Mages, druids, and witches can now access new wardrobes.
- The travel experience "buzz and hum" now has a soundeffect.
- It is now possible to exchange water in the inventory between waterskins and glass / water bottles.
- In dialogs with group NPCs their portraits are now displayed.
- The footstep sounds now adapt to the respective underground.
- A further fix attempt was made for blurry spell texts
- Spell voiceovers have been completely replaced, there are also separate elf interpretations
- The spell "Eagle, Wolf" is now only applicable to the caster himself.
- The effect "healattempt" after trying to heal wounds now lasts 24 hours instead of formerly 8.
- Effect "healattempt" is now no longer set on several other occasions, like with dagger rituals or when sleeping in Finsterkoppen
- A rabies infection is no longer identifiable by medical practitioners
- The group NPCs now have their correct portraits. Caution: Unfortunately, this does not work with existing savegames, if the respective NPC is already or was in the group.
- More than 60 dialogs and events were given images from game assets.
- Inadvertently deactivated 8 landroute random events now trigger again.
- 6 key icons have received a wooden background.
- When having Agility 16 or better, a character receives +1 movement per action
- Created a special arena for the fight in Ingramosch's house.
- Significantly more fighting sounds were implemented, some non-humanoids and few humanoids are still inactive
- "Wait until end of turn" now works again
- Skeletons are now losing their weapon visually as well es in the code
- Prevent yellow battle messages in accelerated combat, only show LE / AE changes.
- The life energy of the Dragon Arkandor was significantly increased.
- The starting positions of a battle in the Vault beneath Tjolmar have been corrected
- Another fight in the Vault beneath Tjolmar has been corrected
Towns and Dungeons
- Swamp of the Forgotten: You move very slow in swamp grass.
- Reworked ambient sound in Finsterkoppen Pit
- Reworked ambient sound in Swamp of the Forgotten
- Illusion walls in the blood pinnacles now disappear when they are discovered
- Various item containers (chests, shelves, cabinets etc.) in the vault beneath Tjolmar don't show unnecessary warnings any more.
- The missing transversalis targets in the vault beneath Tjolmar have been added.
- Druids and witches are now allowed to pass the guards at the Finsterkoppen mountain entrance.
- The sunken chest in the Swamp of Forgiveness now includes a pair of trousers and a shirt that can be worn later on by Agdan Dragenfeld.
- The text for opening and closing the secret door in the Vault beneath Tjolmar is now displayed only once.
- The "LOD" system for characters has been disabled, the village characters should now look better
- Fixed blood pinnacles on lowest quality
- When entering the swamp, you no longer land behind a barrier.
- Prevented falling through the ground in the Vault beneath Tjolmar
- The handling of Aumond has been fixed, it is now unaccessible as planned
- Hillhaus is accessible again
- Swamp of the Forgotten: The usefulness of the minimap has been improved.
- Some stairs in the Vault beneath Tjolmar were "sealed"
- Swamp of the Forgotten: Prevented hanging in the boats.
- The Lanterns in the Swamp of Forgiveness now have a correct collisions.
- Some "catapults" in the blood pinnacles have been corrected
- In case you have the "correct" heather, but not the Noctrux document, an additional query and a new text have been added.
- There is now an Autosave before the NPC leaves the group in the 3rd level of the Vault beneath Tjolmar.
- In the Vault beneath Tjolmar the assignment of the adventure points was completely revised.
- Vault beneath Tjolmar: The heroes are now told about the use of the flame key.
- Vault beneath Tjolmar: The heroes are now informed about the loss of amulet parts.
- The trigger positions in the Vault beneath Tjolmar have been reworked.
- The Hiltorp priest now correctly has a female avatar.
- There are now torches and tinders in level 6 of the Finsterkoppen Pit
- Blood Pinnacles: You can not get the Gravesh dagger several times now.
- Water bottles can now also be filled on the rivers in Tiefhusen and Gashok.
- The blacksmith in Gashok now also allows elves, who can not be recognized as elves by the spells "eagle, wolf", "harmless figure" or "visibili".
- Blood Pinnacles: Fight in large hall triggers no more a second time
- Blood Pinnacles: Fleeing Ork can now sound an alarm
- Voiceover Modding is now possible
- Directories can now be given as source not only for image files, but also for general files
- Character classes can now have permanent effects (like check boni)
Wednesday - July 19, 2017
Startrail HD - Tjolmar Dungeon
The final Tjolmar dungeon is already playable in Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD:
Version 0.9 is out. The final release is announced for the end of July.
Thursday - June 15, 2017
Startrail HD - Version 0.82
The Early Access version 0.82 for Startrail HD has been released:
Hail to the twelve!
We have a large "stabilization update" for you this week, almost 90 changes should make your life in Aventuria more pleasant, especially in combat, where now among other things shields are represented and correctly taken into account and the NPCs now also switch weapons, or put the weapon away when they are encircled to continue fighting. In detail:
- Some diseases now require a whole set of herbs for healing
- The party is now visible in the prison scene in Lowangen
- New scene "lonely tundra"
- Fixed a problem when closing the merchant window
- When moving items, the item will no longer hang on the portrait
- The Jugglers Shirt is now also displayed on female characters
- Fixed a problem where characters left behind could lead to corrupted savegames
- Fixed a problem when camping the second time
- Various consumables (eg weapon care utensils) are now consumed correctly again
- The second visit to a market stand no longer releases the entire set of potentially available items
- Item containers now show the correct icon
- The functionality of "Keeping Guard" has been restored
- The main menu difficulty window size has been increased
- Unconscious and rehealed heroes will be displayed correctly again at the next camp
- Hungry and thirsty heroes no longer help themselves to alchemy ingredients
- Fixed a problem with item containers and items that were moved to characters other than the currently active character
Cities and Dungeons
- The party is shown in the dungeon-campscreen
- NPCs were persuaded to remain invisible when they are supposed to be
Running in doors in the blood pinnacles now looks better
- Running in doors in the cellar vault now looks better
- Market stalls have been repaired
- Fixed the runin animation in other existing dungeons
- NPCs no longer slowly turn on the spot
- A problem with the hostels in Lowangen has been corrected
- The blood pinnacles trigger positions were revised
- Special items no longer get lost in the chests of the blood pinnacles dungeon
- Fixed a problem with "popping" grass in the swamp of the forgotten
- Improved the water in Lowangen
- Improved the Automap in Lowangen
- The flying gallows in Lowangen is no longer flying
- Other floating objects in Lowangen are now on the ground
- Fixed some occlusion problems in Lowangen
- Made the staircase at the Lowangen taverns easier to climb
- Fixed another error on the socket puzzle of the cellar vault
- Fixed a house without collision
- Improved the palisades in Tjolmar
- Prevented NPCs in Tjolmar passing through the walls and palisades
- The torches in the first 3 levels of the Finsterkoppenbinge dungeon, which are inflamed by Ingerimms day work, now go out again after 12 hours
- Trigger a chance to counter the fire sponge effect in the Finsterkoppenbinge every hour
- Fixed the coordinates of the rear entrance of the blood pinnacles dungeon
- Fixed some holes in the walls of the blood pinnacles dungeon
- Thurazz only joins the party once
- The Tairach priests rom no longer triggers multiple times
- Empty chests in the blood pinnacles now trigger a corresponding hint
- When resting on journeys, the console shows which modifiers the camp has
- Fixed a save/load problem on the travel map after displaying scenes
- Fixed a problem with the basilisk event
- Limited the maximum regeneration bonus in nature camps
- Fixed another problem with basilisk event
- Crowbar, Pickaxe and Shovel can now be used as improvised weapons
- There is now a spiderqueen battle avatar
- All monster portals have been reworked
- Fixed a problem with the end of combat mode
- The initial position of the combat camera is now much more meaningful
- Fixed the Gorger and Arkandor getting stuck
- The loot window after the battle is no longer in "combat mode", so equipment can also be changed
- Ogres were reduced to 2x2 squares and should now have fewer problems when filling battle arenas
- Fixed drawing paths for enemies
- Fixed enemy alignment in autobattle
- Used up throwing weapons and lost weapons are correctly removed from the avatars hand
- Alignment and looking direction was fixed for the heroes
- The bow animation is chosen correctly when using a bow
- Fixed various problems in auto battle with ranged fighters
- NPCs are now using their shield correctly, if they have one
- Corretly show a weapon switch
- Fixed a few lighting problems in battle arenas
- Enemies now cast their Ignifaxius with more than 1-6 damage
- The action display is now correctly updated when the current weapon is switched
- Some probabilities in battle were displayed too high or too low
- Removed unnecessary messages when loading a battle
- The dodging and not the parry value will now be correctly used for remote attack
- Fixed the Ghul avatar getting stuck
- Fixed shield bearers getting their dodge made more difficult for no reason
- Equipped shields are now displayed in the battlearena
- Correctly consider shields in calculating chances
- Fixed a problem with the stagga beatle battle
- There are now the new modifiers "evade" and "oppEvade" to change the evade value of current character or possible target
- Monsters can now also be defined as being on the heroes side
- Allow to determine the amount by which a check failed
- Script changes update the inventory immediately
- Building events are now correctly overwritten by mods
Tuesday - May 30, 2017
Startrail HD - Blood Pinnacles Dungeon
The Blood Pinnacles Dungeon has been added to the Realms of Arkania: Startrail remake, bringing the current version to 0.81.
With today Update the Blood pinnacles dungeon is finally available, a content extension promising several hours of additional gameplay! Moreover, the trade interface was completely reworked and is immensely more comfortable than before, and of course there were huge amount of bug fixes and feature implementations!
What follows is a long list of additions, changes and fixes. read that by visiting the link.
Also note that the 25% discount on this game in Early Access is still valid for another hour or three.
Saturday - March 04, 2017
Startrail HD - Release: May 2017
Startrail HD will likely leave Early Access in May 2017. A character editor will be integrated into the game and it will be possible to import save games from the previous game! -> dev-blog (in German)
Saturday - December 31, 2016
Startrail HD - Version 0.73
The Early Access version 0.73 of Startrail HD has been released:
Version 0.73, Happy Holidays!
Friday - November 25, 2016
Startrail HD - Remastered Music
Sunday - November 06, 2016
Startrail HD - Early Access on November 10
The remake of Realms of Arkania: Star Trail will be available as Early Access version on November 10:
The united orc tribes attempted to invade the region of Thorwal, but a group of valiant adventurers thwarted their plans during their previous quest. Now the orcs have regrouped and attacked other, more vulnerable areas – Lowangen is occupied and half the Svellt Valley lies in ashes. An elf ambassador summons the party to the city of Kvirasim. To unite the races of the elves and the dwarves in the struggle against a common enemy, they must recover an artifact known as the Salamander Stone.
Yet not all is as simple as it seems: As the party approaches an abandoned dwarven mine that may hold the answers to their questions, someone else makes it clear that not everyone in the country favors a cooperation between the two races.
Star Trail is a faithful remake of Realms of Arkania’s classic sequel. This hardcore RPG features dozens of talents and spells, distinct races and character classes as well as a challenging isometric turn-based combat system. Obey your orders and succeed in your quest to retrieve the Salamander stone – the peace between elves and dwarves depends on it!
- Hardcore RPG with isometric turn-based tactical fights
- Hand-crafted cities and dungeons to explore in first person view
- Master dozens of talents including fighting and magical skills
- Meet countless endearing characters within the lovingly detailed cities and villages
- Create your characters and manage your party
- Plan your extensive travels through the realm in detail
- Based on the TDE ruleset as a hybrid between v3 and v4
Thursday - September 22, 2016
Startrail HD - Finsterkoppenbinge
The Early Access version of Realms of Arkania II: Startrail HD will be available in Q4 2016. Farflame spotted some pictures of a dwarfen mine called 'Finsterkoppenbinge' -
take a look here.
Tuesday - July 05, 2016
Startrail HD - New Pictures
Crafty Studios released a few more screenshots of their Startrail remake -> link
Thank you for the info, Kordanor!
Thursday - March 24, 2016
Startrail HD - Development News
Farflame spotted a new blog post (in German) for Startrail HD:
- they learned a lot in the past so development process is different for Star Trail HD
- they brought to alpha team few enthusiasts who helped find bugs in Sword of Destiny HD. They test, discuss and suggest improvements
- modding in Star Trail HD should be more intuitive and powerfull, thanks to suggestions
- modding feature - "location-based trigger" for events in dungeons now available for cities and villages, too
- they have fully automated server that makes new builds for alpha testers daily
- they already implemented travel map that displays known and traveled roads
- implemented many road + city events
- implemented keyword dialogue system
- implemented and refined Gashok quest
- implemented all items
- magical weapons/armos have stories in description text
- new extended texts for elves, dwarves and gods in temples
Thursday - February 18, 2016
Startrail HD - The Map
Farflame spotted the new map of Startrail HD:
New routes can be discovered or you learn about them in your travels.
A route editor to create new routes is build into the game!
Saturday - January 09, 2016
Startrail HD - New Character Editor
The devs of Startrail HD are experimenting with a new self written character-editor for unity - here are the results (article is written in German).
Monday - November 23, 2015
Startrail HD - FAQ
Kordanor spotted and translated two FAQ-blog-entries for Realms of Arkania II: Startrail HD:
On the 5th of November Crafty Studius announced that they continue working on Startrail HD, the next chapter of the Realms of Arkania Trilogy.
Back then they mentioned that it's based on the patched version of Blade of Destiny HD but also that some elements like character models will be reworked.
Now they released two FAQ blog entries. As they are German only here are some shortened summaries:
…bug free would be nice
They are aware that the release of Blade of Destiny was quite bad and they don't want to repeat it.
They think they can achieve that by already having a better base to work on and a group of beta testers which also significantly helped with the last patches (some of the patch content was indeed from the community).
In addition they will also have an open early access phase.
What is going to change with the Combat System?
They will overhaul big parts of the combat including new animations. More details will follow.
When will Early Access start and when will the game release?
They estimate that EA will start in summer 2016. Neither price nor exact dates are set in stone yet. Release is planned for 3rd quarter 2016.
Will you be able to import your party from Blade of Destiny?
It's being discussed a lot, but the general answer is yes. But as Blade of Destiny has more content than the original game from 1992 and also gave more Experience Points, new characters will start on level 5 this time and will rise to 6 shortly after start of the game.
As XP are decreasing the higher you are compared to your opponents, new parties will catch up quite fast.
Will you be able to enter the settlements which you couldn't in the original?
Yes. You will be enter all settlements. To visualize it they will take lore from existing DSA rulebooks.
Will you have a log-book again?
Yes. They will also implement some comfort functions like a search for text strings in dialogues. You will also be able to make notes on maps.
Will Startrail be moddable?
Yes. And even more than Blade of Destiny. Also thanks to the new version of the unity engine.
Will you implement the improvements to Blade of Destiny as well?
No definite answer yet. "Maybe". First they plan on make Startrail to the best experience possible. After that they will check if they can implement improvements to Blade of Destiny. But if it happens it will definitely be after release of Star Trail.
Information aboutRealms of Arkania II: Startrail HD
Developer: Crafty Studios
Play-time: Over 60 hours
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Released: 2017-08-10
· Publisher: Crafty Studios