I don't see anything egregious there, but I suppose any violation of an NDA for a game as big as Starfield is going to get some attention.

Still, I don't think someone talking about the first few hours of gameplay, or what the title screen looks like, is doing much damage.

Just shows you should hold off reviews till launch day. This happeneded in the past with Skyrim and that site lost access to any future review copies as consequence.

Reviews are held off until very close to launch for most big releases. The review embargo for Starfield doesn't end until August 31st.

There was a leaked 40 minute video released, the player obtained a physical copy of the Constellation Edition. To bad it was already taken down as usual from Bethesda.
Some take aways from the 42 minute video:
  • Xbox Series X. Everything very smooth and detailed. No bugs seen.
  • You can get up from your ship’s cockpit and walk around while in space. You can also pull your weapon out inside your ship.
  • 3rd person view has an over the shoulder aiming system.
  • You can see enemies using jet packs.
  • You can see loot from every enemy highlighted in the video.
  • All loading screens are transparent, instant.
Overall looks exactly like people were expecting. Looks well polished.

That's good news about the loading screens. Though I expect it only works like that on a faster system.

In regards to the loot being highlighted, I hope it's not some kind of obnoxious glow, and if it is, hopefully it's something that can be toggled off.

Starfield – Official Live Action Trailer

I'm not a big fan of live action trailers for games, but I think that one is actually decent.

Shared two videos on my news-thread and submitted them to HiddenX as well.

Yeah, it is now. I'm looking forward to it, and have since it was announced. But as mentioned in other threads, I'm going to give this one a few months of patches.

Yeah, it is now. I'm looking forward to it, and have since it was announced. But as mentioned in other threads, I'm going to give this one a few months of patches.
I've been back and forth as far as the hype goes. I was initially excited about it for a long time, and then I lost some enthusiasm about it when they announced how the procedural generation is going to work.

I'm back on the hype train now though. It's been awhile since I played a decent first-person RPG. Hopefully this scratches the itch in the way I'm looking for.

I'm not going to watch any of that stuff. I'll be on it immediately like sauce on ribs, no matter what's in the videos, so no point spoiling anything.
I only hope there's not too many quests involving mining lasers, because I've done way too much of that in games like No Mans Sky. Other than that, I'm hopeful. Almost hyped.

Looks like required SSD is going to become a requirement for big releases. Overall though requirements don't look too bad. I'll probably get the constellation edition for the 5 day early access. I thought about going with Microsoft game pass but I'm Leary of modability so will just go steam.

Oh god, they're doing that as well? I supported that foolishness with Diablo IV; never again.
yeah, it's becoming a staple in new releases. Not sure how I feel about it yet. This one is steep too at $30 more but you do get a few extras which I could mostly do without though.
Premium edition
Starfield Base Game
Shattered Space Story Expansion (upon release)
Up to 5 days early access*
Constellation Skin Pack: Equinox Laser Rifle, Spacesuit, Helmet and Boost Pack
Access to Starfield Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack
* Actual play time depends on purchase date and is subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.

Last edited: