Seems with the recent dive into viking themed media, I'm gonna do a rewatch of some classic viking movies I liked: I'm thinking The Northman (it was decent, but no Vvitch or Lighthouse), Valhalla Rising and 13th Warrior.
But I'm also kind of toying with the idea of trying Vikings series again. I think I tried it once, but I found it so-so and dropped off. Anyone have any experience with it?
I liked it a lot, until the character focus changes completely and then it got way less interesting. So, that gives you 4 seasons to watch, and who knows, maybe you'll like season 5 onward more than me.
My main criticism is that the writing suffers a little from the same syndrome that, say, Sons of Anarchy suffered from. Certain characters do things (or neglect to say things) in a way that is completely out of character or particularly dimwitted in order for the plot to go in the direction that the writer wants. Aside from that, very entertaining.

Thanks for the input.

Apparently there's another competitor in the same ring. The Last Kingdom? Any experience with that?
It just feels they're milking any setting until they put it in the ground.
Both Vikings and The Last Kingdom are great series, IMO. I also tend to prefer TLK a little, and I agree Vikings may have some low moments, but overall I found it worth it.

I'm chugging along with Spooks, and man, when the UK factions within the government start feuding, they take this show to a whole new level. Gritty and pulls no punches!

We started watching Baby Reindeer last night. It's definitely addictive. I stayed up a little past to 1am watching through episode 6. She stayed up to finish it.
That's in my queue and we'll probably watch it after season 2 of Them.
It's based on stuff that happened to the author for reals isn't it?

That's in my queue and we'll probably watch it after season 2 of Them.
It's based on stuff that happened to the author for reals isn't it?
Yes. I just started it too, and read a bit about it. It's based on stuff that happened to the lead actor. He created a one man play about it years ago, and now this TV show.

I see Battlestar Galactica has popped up on Prime, since it's been over five years since I last viewed the entire series, that might fill the next void I have.

Yes. I just started it too, and read a bit about it. It's based on stuff that happened to the lead actor. He created a one man play about it years ago, and now this TV show.
I saw something today about the lady's Facebook being doxed and that she's been going crazy talking about her side of events, typing in the same exact way as she did on the show.

I was surprised by how the guy was so willing to make himself look bad. He seemed to present himself as a co-bad-guy and enabler, especially how it ended.

View: https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1788279821811982528

They really don't have anything else to spend that money on, do they?
This has to be some of the most stupid decisions.
They voluntarily tied a noose around their neck. The remake will have to be considerably better than the original, and it will be constantly compared to it.

One could make this same claim about the original US version, being a remake of the british one. But those are so different that they're hard to compare. And they're both great in their own ways.

As with others in this thread, I recently finished up my viewing of the Shogun series. I find myself in a state of emotional limbo, unsure of what to feel after the last episode. The series started off splendidly (if a bit cliche), but the political machinations of the lead character (I love Hiroyuki Sanada) increasingly left me uncomfortable.

I'll need to rewatch this one; there are many seemingly minor details that add a great deal to what becomes of the story later on.

Nod, I thought Shogun was good up until the last two episodes, then it lost me a bit. I mean overall it was still good, it could have been better had it sustained the earlier momentum.

They really don't have anything else to spend that money on, do they?
This has to be some of the most stupid decisions.
They voluntarily tied a noose around their neck. The remake will have to be considerably better than the original, and it will be constantly compared to it.

One could make this same claim about the original US version, being a remake of the british one. But those are so different that they're hard to compare. And they're both great in their own ways.
The Office is one of the highest rated sitcoms of all time, so the money-grab doesn't surprise me. I don't like this either though. The odds of them replicating the chemistry of the original with an all new cast is, imo, slim to none.

Over the past two evenings I've been re-watching the Battlestar Galactica mini-series from 2003. And yep, still as good now as it was back then!

Over the past two evenings I've been re-watching the Battlestar Galactica mini-series from 2003. And yep, still as good now as it was back then!
I recently watched the original 2 episode one as well.
Yeah, it's still good. But the CGI has kind of aged. Also some of the designs. The red horizontal glow of the cylons on their visor is particularly weird, especially on the small dogfighter ships.
On the individual robots it's not so bad, but seeing it on the ships, especially when the rest of the ship looks kind of sleek, is like a sore spot.

Also, I rediscovered how annoying Starbuck is. Something about either the actress or how she plays her. She always seemed overconfident without much charm.