Look, you guys.... Capcom has shareholders. They're fucking idiots. Their comment when Monster Hunter: World came out was "My son says graphix are important". Like, it sucks, but it's 2024 and MTX pretty much HAS to be in a game. If you don't have MTX you're actively trying to do harm to potential profits. Look at the crap this game has for MTX and u can see they're just half-arsing it.

I've not played DD2, yet, but Capcom is a fucking solid company. Been a fan since I was was a kid with shit like Street Fighter 2. More recently I played a metric fuck-tonne of Monster Hunter: World. Don't worry about the MTX crap. It's forced, it's not anything to do with the actual devs - It's entirely the shareholders wanting to capitalize on current gaming revenue trends. Capcom is good shit. Relax. If you want some $2 portals or whatever just do what @cybercouch sayhs and get cheat engine and hack urself some.

Now, that said, as much as I want to give this game a look, $107.96 AUD is too much for me, so I can't give any impressions but I still have faith in Capcom.

Personally, I'm happy to wait for MHW2 because that game is sure to give hundreds of hours of play.

I'm hearing they're planning some dlc/expansion, so I think I'll shelve it until then. They'll hopefully also patch it. I'm in no hurry to play it.
If I were you, I'd refund it for now and just rebuy it later. Seems like a lot to pay for a game you're not going to play anytime soon. By the time the DLC is released, there's a good chance the base game will be discounted.

If I were you, I'd refund it for now and just rebuy it later. Seems like a lot to pay for a game you're not going to play anytime soon. By the time the DLC is released, there's a good chance the base game will be discounted.
Unfortunately I refunded my initial steam sale, and rebought it via gmg. So no refund. Such is life.

I dunno, man. This is the guy who upgraded his 3080ti for a 4090. Sounds like he can afford a game.

Me an' you, AMD 7800x3d, 7900xtx bros! We agree on shit cos we're bros, right?

Fuck, I wish I'd played it so I could proclaim it works great for me.

I chucked together my PC from parts I picked. I can pretty much assure you it would run great. I've had ZERO issues with my PC since I built it.

(Took me a huge 15 hours to build it, which would make most stores gasp, but the wires are hidden, the cpu is smothered in paste and the gpu is supported by a special unit so there's no damage from gravity.)

I'll can run anything! These stream-focused tools don't have a clue. "I'll just reinstall it!", they say. LOL.

I'm really sorry for the people who can't make the game work. I honestly have no particular love for Capcom, I think they've done a few stupid things with this game. And it's not even performance, that can be fixed, hopefully. The microtransactions are just dumb, especially when the scope of them is $2 ticks to get some Rift Crystals, in a game that's precisely about giving players the feeling they are earning their stuff. That paid shortcut makes no sense in a single-player game.

Denuvo is another thing. I'm sure many people will blame the performance issues to Denuvo, and that will make it doubly infuriating to them as they convince themselves that the game's performance sucks because it has Denuvo.

Adding Denuvo is another stupid decision, regardless. Deep within me, I hope they crash and burn hard with this game, and it means a huge failure so that they learn a good lesson out of it.

And still, I will enjoy every second I play the game, without pain nor shame., because it's really, really good.

I'm just going to say, microtransactions for DD2 doesn't bother me since all those items are obtainable via in-game currencies. If those items aren't obtainable unless you spend real money, I'd understand the outcry.

If you don't like it, don't buy it - simple. Like someone else said earlier (I think it was JFarrell), I like earning my own stuff, so very likely I won't be purchasing any of those using real money. And if the devs deliberately designed the game so that earning these currencies are super grindy and not fun, I will stop playing rather than spending money. We all can make our choices.

Hubby played DD2 for 5 hours straight last night and he is having a blast. I'm getting tempted to bite the bullet soon altho the price of the game is stopping me a bit. Its whooping $108 AUD and hubby thinks this game is a little out of my comfort zone so I'm still deciding.

I'm playing Dragon's Dogma 2, and it's a fudging good time. Most of my time has been exploring and doing side stuff rather than the MQ.
Getting Wakestones, gold, and rift crystals isn't grindy, luckily (which makes risking knee jerk internet wrath by allowing you to buy some as a DLC an even more misguided decision, I guess).
Just keeping a hired pawn with you for a day or so seems to gift you wakestone fragments, and RC keeps on ticking up with every encounter (awarded along with XP).

The combat is the stuff legends are made out of. Just so much fun. One time I was fighting a giant Minotaur and one of the wandering bull-drawn passenger wagons came along the track. The minotaur smashed it over, spilling out the passengers, and killed one of the bulls. After we had dealt with the monster we righted the cart so they could continue on their way.
Pawn banter is a little repetitive - they could have dialed it down a bit - but it does amuse on occasion. When one of my pawns climbed to the top of a cyclops' head she said "wonderul view from up here!" before being shaken off and flung against a rock.

Good game, and it'll be excellent once they improve the performance. As it is, I'm having a fairly smooth experience as long as I have FSR 2.2 enabled. At least most of the FPS drops are in towns and the like - if they were during exploration or fights I might be a bit less forgiving.

I don't know what the hell my luck is, but playing HZD I've encountered a weird issue that I don't remember if I had it months ago and just ignored it, or if I'm only having on this system.
I've got it all maxed out and it runs fine. I capped the fps to 70 or 80. And it barely ever drops.
But, and this is like clockwork every couple of seconds, even if I just hang by the campfire and don't touch the controls, there's a hang in the game for a split-second, where I notice a 3 fps drop but more noticeably there's a skip in the game audio.
Frankly that's the more annoying thing.

Being such a generic thing I'm having difficulty googling for it. Anyone notice anything like this? Or have it installed and could run it for a couple of minutes?
It's every couple of 10-15 or seconds, if I estimate properly. Really annoying.

I just tested it in HFW and there's maybe a some drop, but it doesn't feel as constant. And there's definitely no audio hitching and hang, that's definitely the most annoying part of it.
I was thinking that maybe it's the engine that's maybe doing some regular call that's heavy on the system. But it doesn't seem to be.
Also checked in God of War, another decently demanding game, and absolutely no audio hang. So annoying. I'll have to live with it, I'm kind of tired of fiddling with settings.

EDIT: Last test, I set everything to original quality (I assume the original console quality settings), so much lower than the maximums. And it's just as before. Every 10 seconds there's an audio hang. :(

Last edited:
I don't know what the hell my luck is, but playing HZD I've encountered a weird issue that I don't remember if I had it months ago and just ignored it, or if I'm only having on this system.
I've got it all maxed out and it runs fine. I capped the fps to 70 or 80. And it barely ever drops.
But, and this is like clockwork every couple of seconds, even if I just hang by the campfire and don't touch the controls, there's a hang in the game for a split-second, where I notice a 3 fps drop but more noticeably there's a skip in the game audio.
Frankly that's the more annoying thing.

Being such a generic thing I'm having difficulty googling for it. Anyone notice anything like this? Or have it installed and could run it for a couple of minutes?
It's every couple of 10-15 or seconds, if I estimate properly. Really annoying.
I just tested, but I don't have this problem.

What I have is the NPC voices that echo like in a tunnel and which are much too loud for the distance. I suppose the loudness is to make sure the player don't miss them, but this echo thing breaks the immersion every time. Sometimes, it's the opposite; an NPC that's very close can barely be heard (I think that's when they're not important). So the voices are messed up, but I never heard the sound skipping or hanging.

Been playing Last Epoch for the last weeks. I've got little time to play, so it's going slow.

It's a fun game and even before endgame there's a lot of fun ways to upgrade and spec the characters.

I just tested, but I don't have this problem.

What I have is the NPC voices that echo like in a tunnel and which are much too loud for the distance. I suppose the loudness is to make sure the player don't miss them, but this echo thing breaks the immersion every time. Sometimes, it's the opposite; an NPC that's very close can barely be heard (I think that's when they're not important). So the voices are messed up, but I never heard the sound skipping or hanging.
That's unfortunate, so it's something with my configuration.
It behaves very similar to how I remember Morrowind would, for a split second just as you walked too far in a direction, load in the next region. And it would be a split second stutter and then continue as if nothing was wrong.
That's how this feels, but I mostly feel it on the audio side. Which is why it's so noticeable.

I don't know what it is. I'm even running it on my nvme ssd. It is annoying, but i only notice it while exploring. In combat there's too many things going on to pay attention to that.

Oh, just for kicks I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, and am surprised how much I'm enjoying the combat. Also, all the animals are ultra paranoid at any movement I make.
Anyway, I'm only doing this since I see that I can switch difficulties if I get stuck somewhere. But last time I think I played on the difficulty just under this one, and it was manageable. You could still get killed in 2-3 hits, but it's more interesting this way.
1711216190126.png

Wild, after not being able to see anything wrong with the HZD process I thought it was maybe another process that's causing the hang. I do every now and then experience these sorts of issues if one process overpowers every other one, usually it's when windows starts a background antivirus search. So I was hoping it was maybe another process doing something similar. But did not come up with anything.

So I then started to disable any services I've got running that aren't mandatory to run. Disabled all sorts of auxiliary apps and background services. Nothing, no fix.

I then gave up and just did a system restart. And that frikkin fixed it. No more hangs every 14 seconds (I actually timed 5 or so hangs, and it was always like clockwork on 14 seconds).
I don't what it was, and I hope that should it ever return a restart will fix it again.

I keep meaning to find some utility that could help in this sort of debugging, to at least track down which process is stepping out of line, and taking over all CPU cycles.

Anyway, freaking windows restarts. I hate the cliche of restarting Windows, but you really can't debate the results. :ROFLMAO:

I then gave up and just did a system restart. And that frikkin fixed it. No more hangs every 14 seconds (I actually timed 5 or so hangs, and it was always like clockwork on 14 seconds).
I don't what it was, and I hope that should it ever return a restart will fix it again.
So, just a simple reboot then? I'm glad that fixed it for you. Also good to see you're enjoying the game more this time around. Hopefully it'll keep you interested.

So, just a simple reboot then? I'm glad that fixed it for you. Also good to see you're enjoying the game more this time around. Hopefully it'll keep you interested.
Yeah, I only now realize that the first time I played it my mind was basically on CP2077, and just rushed through most of HZD.
This time I'm doing it right, and just exploring at my own pace.

I started playing Wildsilver yesterday, so far I've clocked in two hours and have picked up one companion. It's a low stress fun game that's hitting all the right chords with me, so far.

I was looking forward to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 but due to all these controversies actively being discussed here, I'm waiting to see if issues I'm unhappy with will be fixed.

So meanwhile, I'm soldiering on with Rogue Trader. Let's see if I can finish this damn game this time.

Also waiting on Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy demo :D more hyped for this game than anything else atm.