Holy photorealism batman - Unrecord

My first thought was "bullshit", but it actually has a Steam page and there are quite a few articles about it if you Google. It uses Unreal 5.

Of course we all know trailers can look quite different from the finished product. Still, it's something to keep an eye on at least.

A better way to do that would be to show someone playing it in real time, with actions matching those of inputs. That just looks like a video of a guy shooting randomly now.

It may be gameplay, but there's no doubt in my mind that the "graphics" are based on manipulated video footage. They didn't render all of that stuff.

Reminds me of those old FMV games like Mad Dog McRee etc. I think they used regular video cameras to record the background and then rendered sprites on top of the FMV. I imagine these days you could create a pretty good rail shooter like that.

With a studio called "DRAMA" I wouldn't be suprised if it is just a hokes but I wonder why they would go to such an effort?

The very start, heading towards the door, looks quite realistic. I think it's the white sky that does it. Inside it clearly looks like UE5.

It's quite amazing what you can do with a few store bought assets. :p

Feels like UE5 is still a few years away, though. I've run some demos on my ancient rig with a 1070 and only got 25fps. I guess if I had a 4080 I'd get 60 and a 4090 I'd get almost 80fps but that's at 1080p. I think 4K might be dead when UE5 becomes a thing. But, of course, I'm not considering how much of an improvement a new CPU would add and if Fortnites already on UE5 I suppose its quite scalable. But the price required to run these fairly empty demos is far too high for the mainstream. Will be years before 4090 performance is affordable.

Back
Top Bottom