The Legend of Legacy on 3DS

Now this is really, really, REALLY good. It's a spiritual successor to Romancing SaGa and it's made by ex-SaGa developers. In my opinion this is much better than Bravely Default.

This game doesn't hold your hand at all and doesn't hesitate to kill you mercilessly. You don't get tons of powerful weapons all the time; they are rare and expensive to buy at shops.

There is no linear story with tons of cutscenes; only a vague goal given at the beginning and you are free to explore at will and do what you want (a SaGa hallmark).

A lot of emphasis is made on having a character specialized in blocking attacks and on formations, which serve to spice up the traditional combat system.

The bosses can be REALLY difficult, and in many areas there are even some who track you and can kill your party in one turn before you have the chance to do anything, so it keeps you on your toes.

There are also lots of good feature ideas: for instance the main way to make money instead of grinding monsters, is to explore all the various areas and sell the maps!

A real gem that keeps getting better as you go and which innovates on the SaGa formula.

Thanks - I saw the release and based on the title I didn't look further. Will have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom