Two Worlds - 15 Hours

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Over the last two days 15 hours of Two Worlds. Say what you will about the dialog and depth of plot, the game is just FUN. Its a blast in fact. The game really rewards you for micromanaging your build, the graphics are great, the areas are interesting and the combat is a blast. Just my opinion. Oh and the armor sets never get old.

Is this a replay for you?

I have the collector's edition but never played very far. I plan to wait until TW2 is released and play both games back to back. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

The first 10 hours was replay, I'm a bit further now than my last go at it. Epic edition. its a flawed gem but very fun.

I just hope they include more camera options in the sequel, that's the one thing I really don't like about TW. For instance: I want an option to lock the view from behind in 3rd person, similar to Gothic.

I don't particularly like the camera but after a few hours I don't notice it at all. In group combat there is actually a significant advantage switching targets - and there is LOTS of group combat.

I quite liked Two Worlds, it is a fun game if you take it for what it is (essentially a 3D diablo with nice geography, and a world that gives a wonderful illusion of size compared to say G3 or Oblivion). The balancing and the writing leaves a lot to be desired tho...

Valid critiques. You should see the bow I have lol. But I worked for it darn it all. And Bandit groups are still a challenge if there are more that 3 archers in the pack. Its a ton of fun.

I'd have to agree with the 'fun' assessment, I quite enjoyed it myself for the reasons you say and the silly dialog was so bad it was brilliant and just added to the game. And I really enjoyed exploring the world and discovering new locations.

Seem to recall placing it somewhere between G3 and Oblivion. Decent game. I'll definetly get Two Worlds 2 when it's out.

It certainly held some appeal, but for some reason it just didn't click with me. The dialogue and the sort of randomly put together quests ruined the experience, and while the character/combat system was kinda fun - it struck me as obscenely imbalanced and just didn't "feel" right.

Is that worse or better than Oblivion?

I think it's more fun. Oblivions fault was that exploring was meaningless. There were very little to gain in both content and loot if you went offroad thanks to the scaling system and the overall few quests. TW and G3 gives more reason to stroll, you always find simething fun and since it's not scaled you get a sense of growing stronger when you can return to a previously "impossible" area and struggle through.

I dig TW but G3 is better. Fun is fun but G3 feels like the Gothic universe and has an immersion factor you won't get out of TW. TW is immersive until someone opens their mouth ;)

BTW I died a few more times last night (legit deaths) but I havent applied any skill or attribute points in the last 15 levelups. I also have not upgraded my weapons or armor. I'm waiting for the game to catch up to my character's strength. I'm about to leave the first region so that might happen soon. I'm struggling to understand how the developers could have grossly missed balancing to this degree? They sell weapons in regions that can kill pretty much anything in the region in one shot. Makes no sense. They could have at least priced the uber weapons beyond the regions economy or your expected attributes / level for the region. I don't know. Its too easy though and clearly unbalanced.

I dig TW but G3 is better. Fun is fun but G3 feels like the Gothic universe and has an immersion factor you won't get out of TW. TW is immersive until someone opens their mouth ;)

BTW I died a few more times last night (legit deaths) but I havent applied any skill or attribute points in the last 15 levelups. I also have not upgraded my weapons or armor. I'm waiting for the game to catch up to my character's strength. I'm about to leave the first region so that might happen soon. I'm struggling to understand how the developers could have grossly missed balancing to this degree? They sell weapons in regions that can kill pretty much anything in the region in one shot. Makes no sense. They could have at least priced the uber weapons beyond the regions economy or your expected attributes / level for the region. I don't know. Its too easy though and clearly unbalanced.

I was also pretty much invincible through the mid-game. There are some enemies that can do decent damage in melee though, some of the insects in the south-west part of the map near the "Japanese" city, ogres (or whatever they are called), golems etc... It seems like the damage outputs can vary by several orders of magnitude which is ridiculous from a balancing point of view.

It seems like the damage outputs can vary by several orders of magnitude which is ridiculous from a balancing point of view.
The opponents are all level-scaled to different degrees. For example the cyclopes are completely tied to player level so they always kill in one or two blows. The insect things are similar. Like any level-scaled game it isn't an RPG.

It is level scaled? I didnt even notice it. I was a bit suspicious about the vendor inventory though, some high level goodies seem to have appeared?

Back
Top Bottom