Skyrim - Journalist Character Screens

I agree those armor textures are pretty low res craptastic. From what I've seen so far of people in Skyrim, I like some of the races (humans mostly), others I am not crazy about but it's more an art direction thing and not a quality thing.

Oh and I did think the people in Two Worlds II looked better than the people in unmodded Oblivion. :p Well the ones who had speaking lines anyway. The others were in the background for atmosphere and were noticeably lower poly.

I agree those armor textures are pretty low res craptastic. From what I've seen so far of people in Skyrim, I like some of the races (humans mostly), others I am not crazy about but it's more an art direction thing and not a quality thing.

Oh and I did think the people in Two Worlds II looked better than the people in unmodded Oblivion. :p Well the ones who had speaking lines anyway. The others were in the background for atmosphere and were noticeably lower poly.

I was talking the original two worlds...two worlds 2 should look a lot better since it was released 4 years after oblivion. Would be pretty sad if it didn't. As it is t he first one was released a year after oblivion and didn't look as good.

Name an RPG that looks better. I'm just curious.

Ehhr, how about anyone released this year? but anyway why don't you take a look at TW2 characters they look like they could be 5 years ahead of this crap.

I guess you guys might have been playing too much computer games. How can you think a character as square as this looks good? perhaps if it was a dissaranged zombie from some obscure B-movie?

First of all the shape of the face is all wrong, the hair doesn't look one bit realistic. The nose is wrong. I'll grant that the skin is ok. Missing pupil in the eyes wow that's cool…… besides everything is so obviously square… a human should have rounded shapes not square. The arm looks all wrong because of this. I guess I had better point out each of the problems instead of just complaining so you could see it too. The mouth line goes outside of the lips… the gloss on the lips are wrong… I could go on. Also again this might be to xbox 360 limitations and it might look fantastic on PC, if it does… I'll gladly say that because they made a high-res game and scaled it down on the xbox 360 there is a great looking PC version, and I'll give them credit to that. It acctually looks like this could be the case after carefully investigating these characters, and I do hope so.

This is getting bit funny now :)

The textures are of very poor quality but other than that all the 3 new faces above looks pretty good to me.

May be I have played too many computer games but I don't pay attention to square faces, mouth lines and all that! I guess each to their own.

TW2 faces does look much better but 5 years ahead of this? no way or I don't see how. I am saying this as the huge fan of TW2!

Also note that all faces in TW2 were created by developers and the faces you see in these shots are by game journalist who had limited time.

Either way you GG, you are overreacting calling them crap :)

I know I am exaggerating the anti-hype here, but Bethesda deserves that anyhow :p Hopefully skyrim will be great and I'll have to eat all of this up.

Some comments:

1. The roundness of the human body depends on the subcutaneous layer of fat. This is well within normal variations.

2. The surface anatomy of the left arm is ok, with major anatomical structures (deltoid muscle, bicesps and triceps muscles, the brachialis muscles, and the bony olecranon in the elbow) shaped as they should and where theyr'e supposed to be. There seems to be a small clipping error at the shoulder however.

3. "The mouth line goes outside of the lips.." Quite normal. And I really can't see any problem with the gloss of the lips.

4. The outline of nose is a bit more distinctly marked than usual, but this is also well within normal variations.

Well, if Pibbur says that I'm going to give up. Although I'd still like to know if he doesn't think things look too square?

I can agree that the faces seen so far don't distribute evenly along a face squareness axis (from square to round). They tend to accumulate on the squarish part of the axis. So while they're individually ok, as a group they're more square than expected.

And BTW: I have problems with the ripten image, that left arm doesn't seem right.

Personally, I think those shots look great. The game overall looks fantastic - and this level of nitpicking is pretty unnecessary to my mind. But whatever floats boats ;)

I imagine we won't see many pc screenshots until after release. Bethesda doesn't want to put off their main audience by showing them up with high-end pc graphics.

I am sensing we have some artists in this thread. Artists are always far pickier about proportions and such than the average person. ;)

I am sensing we have some artists in this thread. Artists are always far pickier about proportions and such than the average person. ;)

At least some unpublished artists or artist wannabes ;)

Artist wannabe? Oh yes, definitely *enters daydream* Although in this case it was the sort-of-anatomist speaking (you know, doctors tend to pretend they know everything, everywhere).

Really looking forward to Skyrim, BTW.

Says Pibbur, who admits he's more like a doctor-has-been. And who hopes our danish musketeer is happy now.

I'm not even an artist-wannabe. I wannabe an artist-wannabe, so I'm a wannabe artist-wannabe. I can't draw a straight line __/\_....see!

Back
Top Bottom