Just when you thought you heard it all...

zahratustra

SasqWatch
They are afraid of official vaccinations so they go on the frigging internet to order stuff infected with chickenpox and/or measles? That's not stupid, that's criminally insane!

Hey, but look at the savings. You can give your kids hepatitis at no extra cost! O_O

This will be the next mode of delivery for terrorists

"Beware the fruitcake"

I wanted measles, but all I got was anthrax. Damn you, al-Qaida, damn you!

I think I'm going to be sick. :puke:

It never amazes me just how stupid people can be. It's like a virus that everyone is catching. ;)

Can someone please summarize the article for me ? I think I don't quite understand it ...

There are parents Alric who don't want to vaccinate their children against childhood diseases (measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chickenpox) because they think that those vaccines can cause autism. Among those parents there is a group in Tennessee who think that, if they can deliberately infect their kinds with those diseases, those kids, after medical treatment, will gain immunity without a need for vaccination. Those parents have Facebook page where they ask for (and are offered) items like lollipops licked by (or spit swabs from) kids with chickenpox and (at least in one case) measles.

In the article U.S. attorney from Tennessee reminds people that: "it is a federal crime to send diseases or viruses across state lines, whether through the U.S. Postal Service or private services like FedEx or UPS." And that , in the eyes of the law, there is no difference between envelope with anthrax spores and lollipop infected with chickenpox.

Uh. To me, that sounds rather like the ingredients of a horror story than reality ...

This can all be traced to a doctor in the UK who did a "study" that came to the conclusion that vaccines cause autism. The study has been withdrawn by the journal that published it because it was (to put it mildly) totally bogus. Plus the doctor was selling his own home remedies to treat the diseases. This has had terrible effects worldwide with outbreaks of diseases in the US (for one example) that were all but eradicated here.

My favorite local tinfoil hat guy tells me that there's mercury in vaccinations, too. And, if they're putting mercury in there, who know what else the government is putting in there…
:shh:

Uh. To me, that sounds rather like the ingredients of a horror story than reality …
It would have been Alrik if not for the fact that Facebook group "Find a Pox Party in Your Area" exist (or existed on November 6th when I have started this thread).

@BillSeurer - indeed. Andrew Wakefield was also investigated by UK's General Medical Council and lost his licence to practice medicine. He now lives in USA.

Last edited:
He now lives in USA.

Let me guess : He's selling his stuff and spreading his beliefs now there ?

Great. One guy so to say kills people because of his own greed into money ... Or because of his ... own bogus beliefs ...

This can all be traced to a doctor in the UK who did a "study" that came to the conclusion that vaccines cause autism. The study has been withdrawn by the journal that published it because it was (to put it mildly) totally bogus. Plus the doctor was selling his own home remedies to treat the diseases. This has had terrible effects worldwide with outbreaks of diseases in the US (for one example) that were all but eradicated here.
Well, that's the seed, yeah, but a seed doesn't do well without fertile ground to get planted in. This is hardly the first time people have gone on some wild medical craze. Why is it that some people are so eager to buy into this stuff??

Why do some people believe in weirdest conspiracy theories? Why do some people join cults? Brain chemistry? Genetics? Combination of both?

Why do some people believe in weirdest conspiracy theories? Why do some people join cults? Brain chemistry? Genetics? Combination of both?

It's too simple - just so simple that you won't believe in my answer :

No-one is telling them the truth.

It's as simple as that. Meanwhile politicians are shifting around words, trying outright to lie towards the public (Iraq comes to mind), the Area 51 myth, and companies trying to sell customers stuff which they don't tell in detail about how it is composed of … - plus other companies trying to sell contracts where you'll need a looking glass to find out the TRUTH behind the contract - and the tiny written bottom line ALWAYS contains things that are working AGAINST the customer … NO-one is telling the truth anymore.

Lies are everywhere. Hence people begin to believe in conspiracy theories.
Because they are trying to explain why people lie against them.

Why this secrethy about Area 51 ? Why are the officials not telling the truth about it ?
Because there are aliens in it …

This is just an example of how it works.

Edit : Read "Asterix : The Seer", if you are into comics.
It explains one way (of many) of how people come to "believe" in things.

Back
Top Bottom