Sword Coast Legends - Forgotten Realms RPG

Luskan is indeed considered part of the Sword Coast.

And I'm talking about actual full-length games. Trials of the Luremaster didn't take place on the Sword Coast either, but I'd like to see more than just a DLC or module in a new area.
You are right. I through it ended with Waterdeep but it seems not. Well it is a huge area still, no reason to not have more games there. I would love on in Waterdeep, a complex city intrigue campaign.

Like I said, I was referring to the fact that it's an expansion. Play time has nothing to do with that, but it's good to hear that it's a meaty adventure.

Yeah, a significant amount of time was dedicated to the Chult setting. Although, some have called it relatively shallow. That's what was important to me. Of course, Mask of the Betrayer, was not a shallow story and was also a full length adventure, also taking place in a non-sword coast location. Icewind Dale is also not considered Sword Coast. So there's been a lot of FR games from not there. But I'd like more from from other areas. Hell, there's whole unexplored continents on Toril.

I wouldn't mind another game sets in the Dalelands. Maztica would also be okay.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less about the setting. As in, if they had to spend $10 to be able to use the Forgotten Realms setting (and I'm sure it's much more than that), it's totally wasted on me. I'm just as fine if they use their own realms. Maps are easy to make (hell you can probably click a 'Generate random map' in some freeware and you'll get a realm for your game). I actually kind of prefer it really, as the devs are free to do whatever they want, without the restrictions of using an established IP.

It's not just the map. It's the wide AND deep lore that's behind it that makes the FR interesting.

Totally lost with me, and like I said, it's a double edged sword. Yes there is lore, but you can't alter it in any significant way. Almost feels like living in a 'model' house. You can enjoy the furniture, but don't move anything!

Storm of Zehir took place in Chult, and was a nice change of place. Mysteries of Westgate wasn't in the Storm Coast, either. And both as NWN2 expansions/modules are relatively new.

I would like to see more campaigns south of the Sea of Fallen Stars.

The Shining South

Old Empires

Isn't the Lake of Steam relatively undeveloped, lore-wise? I think that'd be a good region to build a cRPG campaign.

Consider that the plot most likely will be set after the spellplague, where really a lot has changed in the Realms. Crazy stuff like entire regions changing location.
So maybe this Sword Coast will be a kind of fresh.

Totally lost with me, and like I said, it's a double edged sword. Yes there is lore, but you can't alter it in any significant way. Almost feels like living in a 'model' house. You can enjoy the furniture, but don't move anything!

Eh? What game have you ever played in which the player could alter the lore?

A place and people without background and history is very uninteresting.

A place and people without background and history is very uninteresting.

there is background and history, but it's the developer who created that (like Bethesda did with Arena, Daggerfall, etc).

Eh? What game have you ever played in which the player could alter the lore?

In Mass Effect the player does all kind of crazy things, like saving or killing the council and other big ones. Had they used a third party IP they wouldn't have been able to do anything altering major components.

A better example, no game can destroy Baldur's Gate (the city). But if it's an IP I created, I can destroy a major city whenever I want as part of the story.

on steam now :)

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 or equivalent
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: HD Intel Graphics 5100 or NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GTX+ (768 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 4850 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX9c compliant

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel i5 2400 or better
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 1GB ram or or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 6970 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 15 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectX9c compliant

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325600/

Well it looks like a very nice game from the teaser they have posted. The one thing we can all agree with there is no lack of RPG's to play or coming out in the near future. Which is great news no matter what as there is something for everyone to enjoy on some level.

I think this looks pretty cool.

Also, I see they offer a $240 Collectors Edition, with cloth map and statue of Belaphoss, for those who like to take their purchases rectally.

Back
Top Bottom