Wave of Darkness - Kickstarter Launched

LoD t-shirt I got from the first project kicks arse, but I didn't back the T-shirt project, I wanted a good game. What I got was an average title I don't care for at all.
Which means, when someone comes and says "any recent good RPG you can suggest", I can't say LoD.

And I'm not eager to support another mediocrity. Maybe if they at least cut out endless respawns, maybe…

LOL… To be honest.. I read WOD, I think World of Darkness. That is what the 90's conditioned me to do.

Ha, I think about CrossFit (Workout of the day). A quick google search reveals my connection to be the most common one… :)

i think the first game trailer for ks was in the same manner :))

Actually I think she looked a lot sexier in the legends kick-starter video. Saying that the video should have been about the game. And these types sales tactics are low. Don't fall for this stuff, your better than that.
I really don't trust these guys.

I'd like to think it has a chance if only for the incredibly public backlash as far as their missteps the first time around...maybe they can get beyond their growing pains and make good on the lot of it this time to answer the well-founded criticisms while hopefully continuing to patch LoD---I mean, they really don't have the benefit of the doubt that they had the first time around on top of the more frenzied RPG market of late raising the stakes.

With their prospective talks of modding and engine improvements I almost wonder if they are ultimately planning some sort of Director's Cut retry of LoD in the WoD apparatus down the line? Even the rockiest of starts can be made up for so long as they are persistent and genuine in getting it right and actually making steps towards it...

Legends of Dawn looks to be one of the worst rated games ever made with 29 on mediacritic and steam very negative.

I'd like to think it has a chance if only for the incredibly public backlash as far as their missteps the first time around…maybe they can get beyond their growing pains and make good on the lot of it this time to answer the well-founded criticisms while hopefully continuing to patch LoD—-I mean, they really don't have the benefit of the doubt that they had the first time around on top of the more frenzied RPG market of late raising the stakes.

With their prospective talks of modding and engine improvements I almost wonder if they are ultimately planning some sort of Director's Cut retry of LoD in the WoD apparatus down the line? Even the rockiest of starts can be made up for so long as they are persistent and genuine in getting it right and actually making steps towards it…

You may have a point. I complained as others have, however, they are only asking for $20K, which is a pittance compared to some game budgets. They didn't ask for much the first time around either. I'll not be backing, but I'd most certainly buy after early access if it's decent. Maybe we should wait and see what they can do to improve their first effort? Is this Croatia's first go at PC game development?

For kicks I went ahead and re installed. While the latest 64 bit game seems to run smoother completely maxed out on my 4 year old rig (perhaps owing to my new 500GB SSD), I still get the same extreme noise and heat out of my crossfired GPUs that doesn't happen under other games of similar graphical quality. You'd think I had the latest AAA game maxed out at 4K resolution. I alt tabbed with Speccy running to see my primary 6850 at 72C with my second one in a more moderate high 40s. Task manager showed the game using about 1.7GB of memory.

You know what, I'll bite. The world and level design look rather interesting and appealing to me, especially for a small budget/team effort (and a nice improvement over the first game).
Plus, the developer has proven they support their games, and listen to players feedback. They could have called it quits when Legends of Dawn was completely trashed (like other developers do), but instead they actually worked to improve things.

I'm certainly not expecting the best, most polished effort, but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. Especially since the asking price is quite low (and the first tier that includes a copy of the game, $15, includes 3 other games, and a few extras).

I didn't watch the video but it's a good thing Couchpotato didn't post the Russian interview where she's only wearing a bikini. :mwahaha:

You guys are so easy, she would have to scream my name during climax for $15 US. Something like "Oh God!". :giggle:

I didn't watch the video but it's a good thing Couchpotato didn't post the Russian interview where she's only wearing a bikini. :mwahaha:

You guys are so easy, she would have to scream my name during climax for $15 US. Something like "Oh God!". :giggle:

I'm pretty curious where you are at if you think 15 dollars gets you that....

Hi guys,

Just a quick THANK YOU to Couchpotato for publishing the news for our KS campaign, and a GARGANTUAN THANK YOU to everyone who backed, and is considering backing Wave of Darkness! :)

Also, some of your comments are properly hilarious :)

Back
Top Bottom