Witcher 3 - CD Projekt tackles downgrade issue

People who spent time fancying over the product sat in the front row to know the product would be different.
Not sure what that has to do with anything, if you mean it could impact on making the final decision of purchasing it, sure, but that's hardly the largest investment here and has little to do with anything. I spent $14, well worth it, but it doesnt have anything to do with their behaviour.

They decided to skip or not. In the meantime, CDR Projekt gave them what they needed: material to fancy over.

What we needed was the graphics that was promised, no? "Material to fancy over" means nothing if it's not material that is reflecting the final game. They continued for 2 years to give us "material to fancy over" that they knew wasn't representative of the final graphics.

Bethesda, up to the last moment, kept promoting procedural AI, kept telling that the player could influence the economy by destroying essential buildings etc

Yes? And they got shit for that, like deserved. What is your argument? That CDPR should get away with it but others should not? CDPR did quite a few things that makes them far worse than Bethesda. I've never heard Betheda blaming the fans, which CDPR keeps doing. I doubt any decent company would continue to lie that the early graphics would be in the final game. I mean it was not like they would get away with it, they just knew that they would perhaps get a few more sales, which meant more than being honest to their fans. Despicable.

Last edited:
Dunno nothing about blaming fans.
All I know is that fans made crapload of bugfixes for Bethesda games. So much for respecting the audience.

Dunno nothing about blaming fans.
All I know is that fans made crapload of bugfixes for Bethesda games. So much for respecting the audience.

Every game created in history of mankind has bugs, so it's kind of ridiculous to say Bethesda must have bug free games. It's not gonna happen. I don't find their games worse than others in terms of bugs, and in this case they at least allow gamers to mod their game and make fixes, far from every developer shares their tools they used for the game with their fans.

Well sorry for not being more clear.

Final Fantasy 13 is not a bugfree game. But it was never released as a bloody neverfixed bug-o-rama. It contains a few bugs, but are so rare you might never notice one.
FF13 doesn't have modtools. But it's not a crap game because there are no modtools. It's crap game because it was designed like crappy neverending grinder.

My suggestion to you and everyone else who believes 10/10 game is only a game with modtools integrated that you stop buying games that don't contain it.
A game is a game. Modtools can be used to have fun, but are not a game.

Not sure i agree that it's a bug-o-rama. I never noticed any that i can recall, except for a few graphical glitches and oddities (some probably due to my own tinkering with the .ini). If it was a total bug-o-rama mess i'm pretty sure the reviews would've been quite poor, they werent.

Mod tools can be used to create a better game, in many cases a much better game.. i'd never play fallout2, VTM bloodlines, BG2 or any of the TES or new FO games unmodded, that would be a total waste..

Not sure i agree that it's a bug-o-rama. I never noticed any that i can recall, except for a few graphical glitches and oddities (some probably due to my own tinkering with the .ini). If it was a total bug-o-rama mess i'm pretty sure the reviews would've been quite poor, they werent.

Mod tools can be used to create a better game, in many cases a much better game.. i'd never play fallout2, VTM bloodlines, BG2 or any of the TES or new FO games unmodded, that would be a total waste..

You are replying to a guy who thinks Ravens cry is a much better game then skrim and had less bugs....he is irrational when it comes to North American games.

You are replying to a guy who thinks Ravens cry is a much better game then skrim and had less bugs….he is irrational when it comes to North American games.

Can you supply a quote to back it up rune? AFAIR joxer said that Raven's Cry (in his opinion) wasn't a bad game and and it deserved better not that it was better than Skyrim. It's still to early to say for sure but, nevertheless, TW3 looks like it just might give unmoded Skyrim run for its money.

What we needed was the graphics that was promised, no? "Material to fancy over" means nothing if it's not material that is reflecting the final game. They continued for 2 years to give us "material to fancy over" that they knew wasn't representative of the final graphics.
And people fancied over that material as they wanted. The objective was met.

Yes? And they got shit for that, like deserved. What is your argument? That CDPR should get away with it but others should not?
What is that? Where did Bethesda get shit, like deserved? Certainly not on this site.
Cant remember a single thread opened to report that Skyrim did not include the promoted features and start a storm.
Up to that point, Bethesda got nothing comparable to CD projekt.
Additionally, on this site, threads that went critical to certain sides of products were closed, people invited to discuss stuff elsewhere.

No will to molest, a return to reality is required though.

So far, Skyrim was given a free pass on non present features while Bethesda kept promoting them until release.
So far, on this site, threads that went critical on certain business practices were closed.
CDR Projekt has been given a beating.

That is the situation.
The question is therefore not:
That CDPR should get away with it but others should not?

CDR does not get away. Bethesda did. Others did.

So the question: why not CDR? Others were given a free pass in the past.
So why not CDR now?
That is the question.

What objective? You're not making any sense. The reason to follow a game is surely not to be fooled by the developer in the end, and it's certainly not up to you to decide the reason why people invest time in following a game over several years.

No one gets away with this. See Watch Dogs, same with the removal of dynamic shadows in Oblivion. Google Oblivion downgrade or Watch Dogs downgrade, same discussions.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, because I highly doubt you think it's good that developers are lying, no matter if it's Bethesda, CDPR or anyone else. It's not like it helps you as a customer in any way.

What objective? You're not making any sense. The reason to follow a game is surely not to be fooled by the developer in the end, and it's certainly not up to you to decide the reason why people invest time in following a game over several years.
Except that developers didn't fool us in the end. They have promised us a great game and that's exactly what we got.

Dear Vurt,

This is a small forum of hardcore RPG players that for all of our lives we have loved RPG's from what I can gather. Me since I first loaded Ultima 3 in 1984.

I am not saying the graphics are the same as they were in 2013, so you may have your point and in stead of using a hammer and nail you are using a rock and a splinter.

So CDprojekt didn't come clean that the graphics were not the same as they were two, three years ago. Maybe the should have for PC users, I don't know. What they did say is they were going to give us a game that was unforgettable and I think they have done that. Not only that with graphics that are the best in any RPG game I have ever played.

So like many dead horse I have seen in the game keep hammering as the topic really seems moot unless you like dragging dead horses around.

In fairness, Vurt is a great Skyrim modder, who made one of the most striking differences to the graphics. Without people who have a highly critical eye for graphics, we probably wouldn't have all those great mods.

In fairness, Vurt is a great Skyrim modder, who made one of the most striking differences to the graphics. Without people who have a highly critical eye for graphics, we probably wouldn't have all those great mods.

I know and I mean him no disrespect at all.

I just don't know what can be said about it any more then what has been said. I am hours into the game with ZERO!!! bugs. The world flows, the quest are amazing and I have done a couple of them twice to see what happens and their are BIG impacts on how it plays out.

I know what his points are but CDP did such a great job on everything but a slight let down and I do mean slight let down on the graphics I don't see why or what complaining about here any more will do.

If it were just moaning, I might agree. But I imagine that fulminating about the weaknesses in graphics with others might be part of the process that modders go through before rolling up their sleeves. I don't mind giving them the space to do so.

If it were just moaning, I might agree. But I imagine that fulminating about the weaknesses in graphics with others might be part of the process that modders go through before rolling up their sleeves. I don't mind giving them the space to do so.

I fully understand your point with the above. Though I am sure this game wasn't made with modders in mind.

I wish I had an example of a small company that became huge and still cared about the product they were selling the general public but I don't. As most companies just care about filling their bottom line.

The product is better than anything I have ever played. I see zero bugs being posted here on game play(doesn't mean there isn't any) and I and knees deep into and haven't came across any.

Maybe the focus was on game play for everyone and not 25% of the gaming world(I have clue those are the numbers). Releasing something that didn't need millions of patches just to play it etc instead of giving the PC world the best graphics they could.

Like I said I understand what he is saying about graphics I just don't see how repeating it is going to change it.

I can see that many people here have a very black/white view of things, i don't work like that. I'm just saying the devs behaviour is sad, if you can't take that, too bad, either come up with arguments why they acted correctly and in good manners or let it go. Attacking me with childish accusations that i hate the game or hate the graphics just isn't gonna work out for you. Hope that clears things up :)

I can see that many people here have a very black/white view of things, i don't work like that. I'm just saying the devs behaviour is sad, if you can't take that, too bad, either come up with arguments why they acted correctly and in good manners or let it go. Attacking me with childish accusations that i hate the game or hate the graphics just isn't gonna work out for you. Hope that clears things up :)

No one is attacking you, or at least I am not. I also see nothing childish on my end being said. Please re-read where I say I understand that the graphics are not what they were 2-3 years ago.

I am saying what do you want us to do about it? IT has been a topic for over two weeks and I don't think CDR is going to show up on this forum and say sorry.

This topic has been going on for what now here two weeks. So

I didn't specifically mean you. Why would you think i'm waiting for CDPR to show up, or for a "solution"? People can discuss and argue for many other reasons than a solution. In my case i'm just defending my stance in this matter. Someone attacks it, i reply with my arguments. It's as easy as that.

Also, reading the thread or continuing to argue is totally, 100% volunterely. It's a bit funny how you wish a thread / discussion to end but you still won't let it go and instead come to the thread to participate and to argue? I don't think that's gonna work :)

I didn't specifically mean you. Why would you think i'm waiting for CDPR to show up, or for a "solution"? People can discuss and argue for many other reasons than a solution. In my case i'm just defending my stance in this matter. Someone attacks it, i reply with my arguments. It's as easy as that.

Except that's not really what's happening. You're basically just repeating the same things over and over and over again, and I'm pretty sure that's what CelticFrost's point is.

Back
Top Bottom