Kingdom Come: Deliverance (B-roll gameplay, E3 2017)

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
Surprised no one noticed this from E3:

Looks quite good and innovative in many aspects. Open world, etc. Various early reviews/commentaries such as this beta review at Polygon are also quite positive.

Final game is set for release Feb 2018. Looking forward to this.

__

It does have some cool looking elements. The combat seems interesting and unique, and the siege/larger scale battles seem like they'd be fun. But I think I'll only play when a modder adds in magic, magical/monstrous creatures and fantasy lore. :)

I watched some lengthy video, i guess it was part of main quest/story, and I really liked it!Quite realistic and with great voice acting.
Though face animations there were not that good and combat looked very clunky and far from realistic, plus cheesy bow mechanics, where you just backpedal and shoot stupid AI to death.
I really hope they will improve with those things, though not that much time left till February 2018.

Is there going to be a market for this game, though. It looks like a mini-Witcher 3 without features that people enjoy from fantasy RPGs like The Witcher. No magic, no monster hunts, no sort of fantasy lore, beasts or creatures that aren't real-life creatures, no enchanted armor, items or weapons (same as no magic) and so on. I think it might be a hard sell when it releases.

It's very pretty, though - and the interface is just beautiful :)

But the writing is TRULY terrible - based on my time with the betas.

Well, if it's pretty that should equal about a million sales right there. :D

I personally find it lacking in the way of charm. The graphics look a bit bland, actually, and don't really separate themselves from other medieval graphics much.

Edit - I do really like the very distant horizon views, though.

It's deliberately trying to be more realistic and subdued - which I think is the right choice for the game.

But if the writing remains as bad as it was during my brief moments with it - I will take a pass.

Also, performance is abysmal - but I guess they can improve upon that aspect.

Still, it's probably the most convincing simulation of stuff like forests and fields that I've seen.

Maybe they should ditch the RPG stuff and just focus on the forest. Call it Forest Simulator 2017. Not even joking, I think that could be profitable. :)

It's the first time I see footage of this game where the world truly seems alive.
But still despite following this game for years and trying one of its demos, I can't predict how it will feel playing. This is my Pandora's Box RPG for the next year.

Edit: I just noticed that there's going to be a live stream in less than 3 hours.

I'm looking forward to this one. I thought the Witcher3 could have used a little less fantasy stuff. This is closer to Mount&Blade which is one of my favorites.

This isn't a cult classic in making, then I don't know what is..love it or bored to death with it title.
The good: authenticity, lack of hand holding, seems we'll have plenty of ways to solve quests, like the UI.
The bad: ( Some) presentation issues, facial animations, some voice acting.
Writing seems ok...honestly expected a bit more from Vavra, loved Mafia I/II dialogue scenes( but could be more a matter of delivery)
Big ? is combat, parry seems fun, sword sounds not so good( I know this could be more closer to "realism"), animations/hit effects are a bit "wooden".
Didn't hear any music in bg, does it kick off only during combat?

The production standard alone shits on Bethesda's shovelware with ease.

Is there going to be a market for this game, though. It looks like a mini-Witcher 3 without features that people enjoy from fantasy RPGs like The Witcher. No magic, no monster hunts, no sort of fantasy lore, beasts or creatures that aren't real-life creatures, no enchanted armor, items or weapons (same as no magic) and so on. I think it might be a hard sell when it releases.

Mount and Blade did pretty well and i don't remember that game having those things.

Combat is worse than in Bethesda's products.

Nonsense. It looks worse than I expected, but it's still trillion times better than anything Bethesda produced so far.
Bethesda doesn't understand the most fundamental action gameplay design...no telegraphing or rhythm of any kind, coupled with one not repeat basic pattern AI and all technical aspects of poor quality: going from sounds, animations, controls, hit effects, camera, etc. And lacking features that action games have had for decades : lock on, dodge/roll, etc.
Two things smashing into one another without any coordination, in a nutshell.

Bobie is young, he's yet to understand that calling things a trillion times better is a shame fueled psychological barrier between himself and the love he obviously feels for Bethsoft games ;)

He'll come out of the closet in a few years!

As for Kingdom - I'm afraid the hype is the really special part about it.

If the game has large scale Mount & Blade-type battles, that could be cool. The battle I saw was tiny in comparison, though. Probably limitations based on engine stuff.

Even though I couldn't get into M&B (yet, will give it a chance again in the future), a game like that with even more handcrafted RPG elements could be interesting. Not saying this is that game, though, just more of a random thought.

Back
Top Bottom