If you are offered one thing (in abundance)

If you are offered one thing (in abundance), what would you choose

• 1. Happiness

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 2. Appreciation

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 3. Intelligence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Physical youth (body of an adolescent)

• 5. Money

• 6. Knowledge

• 7. Good looks

• 8. Good health (and painless death)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 9. Long life

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 10. Luck

• Total voters
Harmony. Constant, stable harmony, with no meditation required. And no, happiness is not the same thing.

If you don't have harmony i don't think you have much happiness.

Edit: i guess it was removed? 10) was not "luck" when i voted..

When you get to my age, physical youth is an automatic choice!! :D

Careful with happiness; after all a lobotomy might leave you happy; senseless but happy. Then again perhaps that is preferred by some over lack of happiness ?

If you don't have harmony i don't think you have much happiness.

Edit: i guess it was removed? 10) was not "luck" when i voted..
Yup, 10 was ‘a carefree life, without stress’, but after seeing the complete poll on my screen I thought ‘luck’ the better description of what I was thinking of.
‘Harmony’, that I’d probably assign to ‘Intelligence’. Harmony, to me, is a verb, you have to do something yourself. You do not get it ‘thrown in your lap’, (literal translation of a Dutch expression). :)

Last edited:
I choose Appreciation because without it everything that comes your way could seem meaningless.
I appreciate your posting. :)

I agree that without appreciation life looks bleak, but to have it in abundance, would one still appreciate appreciation?

I chose happiness - for me, it is being with my loved ones and for us to be healthy and safe. You get to cross off a lot of things in the list by just choosing happiness ;)

Water in abundance is killing. Unless you are a fish. :)

———
Perhaps my next poll should be about what is absolutely necessary to live or the first requirement to appreciate life. I am sure the answers to that poll will be, for most of us, different from this one.

I chose ‘good health’, for happiness, appreciation, intelligence, good looks… I already got those. :p ;)
And a long life without good health might be hell.
But perhaps having ‘knowledge’ in abundance would mean I can solve health problems. And get rich. :)

So on second thought I might choose ‘knowledge’.

I appreciate your posting. :)

I agree that without appreciation life looks bleak, but to have it in abundance, would one still appreciate appreciation?

I think so. One can have loss and regret and still have appreciation for instance. And seeing that loss is inevitable it is better to be able to appreciate things altogether.

I agree, appreciation is a good one. To see good even in loss and setback surely makes life lighter, bearable, when close to despair.

I choose Appreciation because without it everything that comes your way could seem meaningless.

I chose happiness but I also agree appreciation is very important aspect of the life too - it's a shame not enough people show this to others! Many seem to underestimate the power of appreciation! For one, it's a main source that keeps me going back to work :)

I chose happiness but I also agree appreciation is very important aspect of the life too - it's a shame not enough people show this to others! Many seem to underestimate the power of appreciation! For one, it's a main source that keeps me going back to work :)

Well I certainly appreciate getting paid! ;)

Tomorrow is a national holiday in NZ and I am working it but time and a half is nice.

Well I certainly appreciate getting paid! ;)

Tomorrow is a national holiday in NZ and I am working it but time and a half is nice.

Well, getting paid is nice but I find that I tend to leave work place where managers don't show appreciation. Words don't cost a thing and yet so many people rarely give out praise or appreciation.

Enjoy Waitangi Day :)

Assuming these aren't mutually exclusive, then I would definitely want my life to be abundantly long before any of the others.

That said, I hope I can keep the qualities that I already have :)

Puppies! There is no other choice as they bring happiness and long life as well as good health :)

Tough one but I went with good health and painless death. Probably meaningless if you are miserable, poor, underappreciated, old, and ugly.

But nothing was said that be choosing one you had none of the other to some degree either - just that the one in most abundance was the one picked.

Having good health and a peaceful way out seems of value to me. With good health a lot of other things will occur naturally.

That being said I don't really see any right or wrong choice here. Well except for puppies, they are always the right choice.

148fd860cbefe7860ef1d98ca0eb3d59.jpg

Back
Top Bottom